Bandara Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Orchardz Bandara(Tangerang)
J Hotel(Jakarta)
View Hotel
All reviewsairport hotelclose to the airportlake viewmosquito netpool barearly flightminutes from the airportjakarta international airportshuttle serviceshuttle buscity trafficsoekarno hatta airportbeautiful poolseen better daysstayed here for one nightbit datedmain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel is beautiful nature from outside, and also inside. And that time i felt it was great and luxurious hotel compare by prices. But i can't believe when they offered me a room, the room was looked terrible mass ; the bed sheet was used other people, it was smelly, mark of lipstick stuck on it, unfolded sheets, broken telephone, no fridge, no sets cattle drinks, and very old stuffs, worn out, maybe it was more than ten years ago. so the towel was very poor towel. that was first time i ever met like this hotel in my life. When i heard from the staff that their company not sending yet the new one. i just guessed this hotel was people corrupted inside. They won't give good services, they just want taking the money much they can take. Poor food, not even find some sea food. Vvverry......shamed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear 'Zay J',

Thank you for reaching out to us with your comments on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my sincerest regrets for the servvices and product experience you had at our hotel. I have personally mentioned your comments to the team and also showed the website to them. It is with great regret to hear of any experince such as this let alone in a place that one manages.
Zay J, I'd appreciate if you could reach out to me personally throuhg the Sheraton mail to discuss this matter in person and to assure you of the serious direction we take once given the review of your actual stay and other details.
Thanks again for reaching out and I look forward to your call soonest in order to rectify the matters at hand.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We used the Sheraton as an overnight stop whilst waiting for our flight out of Jakarta. It is an excellent hotel for stopovers as even in the heavy Jakarta traffic it is only 15 minutes to the International Terminal. The extra bonus is that the hotel offers a shuttle, which runs every 30 minutes
We arrived unannounced and was told that unfortunately the hotel was fully booked, the front office staff were extremely helpful and telephoned some other hotel in the area but all were fully booked.
In sympathy to our plight (and forgiving our stupidity in not booking ahead!), they asked if we could wait so that they could perhaps find a cancellation or an early check out. To our surprise and luck, a room was found for us.
Unfortunately the room was, quite frankly, unsuitable in any fashion for occupation with too many faults and omissions to list in this review. Knowing that this was the last room available we resigned ourselves to the lengthy battle through the traffic back into central Jakarta to find a hotel.
However, the staff once again did their magic and found a room for us, after a wait of about an hour.
I have to say that the hotel is set in a magnificent, well-tended tropical garden.
The words “well tended” cannot be used to describe the rooms (that we inhabited) as they were in dire need of improvement. Restoration would be the word to describe the rooms and linen, which do no credit to a hotel bearing the Sheraton name. It bears the hallmark of very little investment being made in the hotel. The superb staff deserves credit and praise for having to work with such outdated rooms.
We were given a nominal discount on the original rate quoted, for which we are grateful, this hotel is TOTALLY over priced for the poor standard of its rooms. Other, more functional, but slightly less convenient, hotels in the area of the Sheraton are HALF the price with equal service.
Food was mediocre “normal” hotel fare with little imagination (as is shown by the budget FM hotel nearby) and our dinner (buffet) was extremely overpriced. Breakfast was similarly the usual mediocre fare but included in the room rate.
The Sheraton group either has to renovate this hotel urgently to stay with the local competition or sell it to ensure that it receives the loving attention it deserves.
There is also another budget hotel under construction nearby which will increase competition.
In summary, we are grateful that we were provided with a room for the night but out of choice the Sheraton would be way down our list and it is highly unlikely that we will visit again unless it receives renovation. It is a pity because the staff (especially Edward, Director of rooms) is really superb – people of their quality deserve more to work with! Sheraton wake up! Or those other hotels nearby will take your staff!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear 'Peterl',

Thank you for taking the time to communicate with us about your recent stay.
We highly appreciate the praises for our team and our Director of Rooms, Edward.
In response to your room comments I would like to mention that we are at a stage to present our improved version and mock up room to the repective decision makers for approval. Once we have obtained this approval we will move into the refreshment phase for the rooms here at Sheraton Bandara. Our hotel suites and premier suites have already seen a refurbishment over the past three months and have been completed with positive feedback from our clients.
Our complete linen and towel stock will be arrving new and as per Sheraton Standard within the month of November.
'Peterl' thanks again for recognizing the efforts of our associates and I would like to assure you that we are very aware and appreciative of their contribution and loyalty to our business.
We wish you all the best and safest travels and look forward to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had a quick short stay at the Sheraton Bandara. The hotel is probably the closest hotel to the airport, and is about a 5 minute drive away. Despite the hotel being close to the airport, it has a rather calm and almost resorty feel to it. There is a huge lake right in front of the hotel which completely changes the landscape and makes the hotel feel far far away from the airport. It costs under 20,000 IDR ($2) to get to the airport from the airport. The hotel also offers their own complimentary shuttle but they say to call them when you land which can be difficult if you don't have a cell phone. The shuttle supposedly also does rounds of the airport at pre-determined times, but good luck identifying the shuttle since it is an unmarked van. From the hotel to the airport, they will let you know what times the shuttle leaves at (its twice every hour) so you can hitch a ride pretty easy. Might as well since getting a cab here is super difficult.

The hotel itself is quite big and doesn't feel much like an airport hotel. The lobby is big and nice with the restaurant serving breakfast a floor below. Unfortunately I wasn't able to try out breakfast due to a very early morning flight. Check in was smooth. I was upgraded to a junior suite for being an SPG platinum member. The room was pretty big with a large living area, a guest bath, a full bathroom plus bedroom and wardrobe. Certainly would have liked the time to have enjoyed that room. In addition, it overlooked the lake, and I caught the sunrise briefly the morning of before rushing to the airport. The wifi connectivity in the room was pretty terrible, and after trying for the better part of 45 minutes, I gave up and went to bed. There is supposedly a wired connection in the room as well but I could never find it. It certainly wasn't near the desk/work area.

Check out was smooth. The shuttle was waiting and I was on my way to check in about 5 minutes later. This is an extremely comfortable and convenient airport hotel, though I don't know that it qualifies as one. The hotel is nice, but is considerably more expensive than hotels in the city were. I believe the hotel also doubles as a getaway resort style hotel and I can see how one could get that experience there. Despite being 5 minutes from the airport, you definitely cant tell you are near one, and I did not hear a single aircraft during my time there. If I ever need something close to the airport in Jakarta, this will be my default go to. Note that the city is a good 45 minutes away with moderate to no traffic and can take an hour to two with traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for something overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear 'sandyjb83',

Thank you for the great and informative review of the Sheraton Bandara Hotel. I would also like to thank you for your kind loyalty being a Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest - SPG.
We enjoyed reading your story and experience of our hotel facilities and how we have touched your good self during your stay.
For the Shuttle bus issue we will ensure to have our airport representatives improve its visibility for our guests and would like to mention that our vans are actually show our Sheraton Logo on the bonnet of the vehicle.
We appreciate your favorable description of our facilities and the compare it to a resort through the layout, location and features. It is a comment we hear often and do have some Jakarta residents enjoy a weekend stay here at Bandara to relax.

We have also informed our IT department about the speed and connectivity issues that you experienced and we regret the inconvenience caused.

Thanks again for your invaluable support and your loyalty to our Starwood Hotels and Resorts and we look forward to welcme you back here in the not so distant future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nice Rooms Gr8 Relaxing location
I stayed here just prior to catching a flight bak home and must say this was a gr8 expereince.
Nice relaxing rooms.
fantastic ambience Huge property with lovely gardens and a relaxing outdoor pool

Room Tip: Pool View Rooms are better
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear 'Edsel_mumbai'

Greetings from Sheraton Bandara Hotel, Jakarta!
This note is to appreciate the time you have taken to communicate your experience to your fellow travellers through this website.
We appreciate your kind and positive feedback and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Safe travels and warm regards,
Andreas Rud

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Getting the Hotel Shuttle requires an email to find out. Wait in the heat.
Check in nice - the good side.
Room Nice - but Mossies - and had to call for le spray!
Wait for 30 mins for service at Business centre for Drinks [concierge counter contacted]
Not a thing included in the HIGH price for Indonesia
Believe it or not NO HOT WATER at 11pm for shower, call up Guest Services and advise.
Next morning check out - promised email from "Manager" re no hot water [US CHAINS GIVE FREE NIGHTS FOR FAR FAR LESS] - never came
Therefore BAD MARKS - TRY A LOT HARDER or give up the Sheraton Brand.
Not recommended - and I should know.
Breakfast = 1 cup of EARL Grey - refill ordinary stuff
Wholemeal bread = "brown Bread" [ie brown coloured stuff].

Seems like lazy attitude - needs a shake up!

Sorry but you must improve! Do take notice. Please.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear 'RobertSingapore'

I hope this message finds you well!
We received your review note yesterday and have discussed the issues with the team this morning.
Please note that the 24 hour shuttle service is to and from the Airport every 30 minutes. We do regret not being able to ensure a more visiable presence that day and have spoken to our airport representatives this morning.
In regards to the water I would like to mention that we have installed new hot water piping throughout the hotel and are also in the process to introduce our new GREEN and Sustainability project, Electric Heat Pump. In line with the implementation of this project we have had some connection shut downs which we communicated via guest room letters on those particular days. Again, I regret if this has not been communicated to you properly and that the manager or myself were not able to meet with you. On any other day we do make it a point to present ourselves to our guests at all times and I have made it clear to the associates that we as managers are at our guests disposal at all times.
'RobertSingapore', thank you for giving us your point of view through this website and we apprecaite your caring feedback in order for us to improve on our service level.

I would appreciate if you would stay with us again in order for us to provide you with the serices and level of care that we are known for.