“Fading glory”
Review of Bandara Hotel

Bandara Hotel
Ranked #100 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great location, but in need of care. This hotel offers a great location to the airport, but the grounds, and the rooms are in need of lots of care. Restaurant is acceptable. This hotel was once a beauty, but it's gone downhill. For the price, it's no bargain. I hope Sheraton will do a major renovation.

2  Thank Asiadream
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear 'Asiadream'

Thank you for the comments.

We appreciate the time you take to write your experiences for the traveling community and ourselves.
It is my pleasure to mention that we are in the midst of upgrading our rooms. As a matter of fact we have completed all suites thus far and will commence with further enhancement to our hotel, rooms and public areas.

We hope to see you return in the not so distant future to see our improvements.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had two short stays in this hotel while in transit in Jakarta but even these short stays seemed too long. This property is a shame to the Sheraton brand. Restaurants are expensive and pretentious but the food is very amateur. The whole place, rooms, drinks are a sheer pretense with no real value behind. Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oleg K
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear 'Oleg K'

We appreciate the feedback.

In response to your comments we would like to mention that we are currently renovating our hotel external and internally as well as the rooms. As this process takes time due to the number of rooms and large areas we are not able to move as quickly as we would like. All of our suites have already been upgraded and we are in the midst to do so with our other rooms.
In regards to your food comments I have no particular complain received to date and we assure you that all our food and beverages are priced competitively to please our guests. I sincerely regret that your dining experience didn't live up to your expectation. I have spoken to the culinary team and also have displayed your comments for further improvements.
We look forward to welcome you back in the future and hope you are able to give us another opportunity to showcase our service and room product that you are used to with a Sheraton branded hotel.
Please do not hesitate to get back to me with any further inquiries you may have.

Andreas Rud

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Do not stay here. It does meet the standards of even a 3-star hotel. The rooms are old and bad kept: a colleague found hair in his bathroom and had to call the cleaning lady. Windows are dirty, and common areas have dim light which causes a really creepy sensation. Additionally, food choice is quite limited. My colleague and I spent the night finding out another hotel in Jakarta and checked out in the morning.

1  Thank Bonvivant75_12
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear 'Bonvivant75_12',

Having red your comments just now I would like to comment on your experience.
Firstly, I regret to hear of your experiences here that may have hindered you to to experience our hotel at a higher level.
We are currently in the midst of upgrading our hotel exterior and interior. As this takes time due to the sheer size of the areas and the amount of rooms we follow category upgrades. As a matter of fact we have already completed all our premium and junior suites to date as well as the exterior painting of our hotel facade. Our next stage is to refresh all our deluxe garden and terrace rooms over the course of the next 10 months.
Secondly, we regret to hear that we seem to had some hair in your bath upon your arrival and truly regret this as we hold our hygiene and cleaning standards on par with all other Sheratons and International hotels in the industry. We have also spoken to our culinary team about your comments.
In regards to the Mosquitos, during the dry season in Indonesia there is a growth in population of these insects and we have initiated an increase in fumigation and spray sessions that are in place every other day. I assure you that we are having the most effective product and experience in personnel on hand to control this very important issue.
Finally I would like to mention that as a airport hotel all our windows are double glazed and although it seems that there are cloudy spots we actualy clean them very regular but the stains are in between the two sheets of glass. Therefore, with every room refreshment we replace all those windows and frames for all rooms.
Bonvivant75_12, thank you for your candid comments regarding your stay with us and we look forward to showcase our refreshed rooms on your next visit and hope that our response meets your satisfaction.

Regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was maybe once a nice hotel, but the rooms are old, smell of damp and the air conditioning system was filthy as well as being so loud it kept me awake and seemed to only have a freezing or off setting. Rooms open into a corridor that is semi-outside, so its full of mosquitoes, the hotel is built at the edge of a lake so there are lots of mosquitoes anyway! Reception area is ok, pool area looks ok, but again when you look closer its old and has dirty/broken tiles. Food was ok, buffet style but a little expensive. Apparently they once had an outdoor fresh BBQ but this was not available on my stay. Childrens play area outside with a sign saying "do not use" says alot about this hotel - maybe once great, now not great. Very close to the airport, so its OK for a short stopover.

Room Tip: Maybe there are some refurbished rooms that are better than the one I stayed in.

Dear 'speedbird1984',

Thanks for the review.
We appreciate your support of our hotel and for your booking. I would like to respond to your comments with the infomration that we are able to reach an agreement of an upgrade project for rooms and we will commence it next month. Our property is an established hotel and we look forward to continue our presence here in a refreshed look soon.

Thanks again for your candid comments and also highlighting positives of our public areas.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I just check in today afternoon and the room is so horrible with cracks everywhere, and also very small and cramped. Terrible stains on curtains and more stains on walls, mirror and even the bed sheets and cover.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear 'mitjh',

Thank you for your comments.

I have mentioned your comments to our team in this morning’s briefing and we are truly regretful for the inconveniences caused.

It is with excitement to announce to you and the travel community that we are close to a confirmation of a gradual new room refreshment program. Although this room upgrade process will take some time and only finish end of 2013 early 2014 we will commence by end of of this year with the project. However, we would like to point out that a minimal interruption to bussines as usual as well as low noise level while refreshing will be observed.

Thank you again for making us aware of your experiences here at Sheraton Bandara Hotel and we hope that you will be able to book with us in the not too distant future to experience our new and refreshed product. I am certain that you will be very pleased with the standard that we will apply to our rooms.

Please ensure to connect with me at any time should you require further assistance.

Andreas Rud

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a one night transit, I arrived in Jakarta at 7pm and I needed to continue to travel by car the next morning. I travelled with my wife and 18 months old daughter and met with my other families who will go with us the next morning. The check in process was smooth and we headed to our room.

Our room was average, it has an LCD TV, a work desk, water boiler, a king bed and a small sofa. The room was outdated and also the bathroom. The aircon was so cold and we could barely adjust it, we ended up turn it off.

The next morning, we headed for breakfast buffet and asked for a table for 7. The restaurant was not too busy that day so it gave us more room. The buffet selection was broad, from salad, dessert, breads, japanese, chinese, american & local food. We were satisfied with our breakfast. Then we proceed with a check out to travel out of town.

In overall, I would not stay in this hotel if its not for a transit where it is the closest hotel to Jakarta airport so I can avoid the traffic. But I would not stay in this hotel if I plan to travel in the city since it takes about 20-30 min to go to the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mitjh
Edward T, Director of Rooms at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear 'Mitjh',

We would like to gratitude your comments through TipAdvisor website to share on your stay experience with us.
We are very pleased to hear your positive comment on your arrival experience, breakfast selection, and our convinient location to the airport as you know the traffic in Jakarta is unpredictable. On your positive we do really appreciate for your constructive feedback on our room condition and facility.

For your information we have started our room upgrading project starting from the premium suite and will continue to the other rooms until end of 2013.

'Mitjh', once again thank you for connecting with us and your support to stay at our resort. We look forward to welcome you, family, or any of your colleague on your next trip to Jakarta.

Warmest Regards,

Edward Tahalele
Director of Rooms

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Negative
The lobby is kind of small and confusing to find the elevator after check in. Room was clean too cold and it seem like I cannot control the AC except turning it of. Did not eat breakfast but I ordered room service and it was fine. People were friendly. Internet speed was good. Tv had basic hotel channels. Room was quite. I paid about $75 less than mulia hotel that I stayed earlier. I got the similar service. If you are on a budget it is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2012
SheratonBandara_11, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear ‘Cubbear07’,

We have received your review and appreciate the time you have taken out of your schedule to post your experience. Your point in view is of great importance to us as we strive to provide a holistic travel experience in all our customer touch point moments.

Your feedback regarding the lobby location toward to the elevators have been communicated to the team to make sure our guests have a right direction or even better to escort our guest to the room. We also have addressed your feedback toward the room and A/C condition to the relevant leader in that department to make an immediate improvement. Please be clarified that we already providing 60 TV channels to our program so our guests have a great selection of programs as they wish.

‘Cubbear07’, we are glad to know that our staff here are able to demonstrate the hospitality for our guest satisfaction, especially with the room rate that we offer a very competitive according to the existing market.

Once again, a heartfelt thank you from us here at Sheraton Bandara for your openness and your caring comments and look forward to welcome you back to have more pleasant experience with us and do let me should you need any assistance.

Regards,

Edward Tahalele
Director of Rooms

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
1 mi away
POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta
POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta
#158 of 471 in Jakarta
d'primahotel Airport Jakarta 1A

Been to Bandara Hotel? Share your experiences!