“Good hotel near airport”
Review of Bandara Hotel

Bandara Hotel
Ranked #86 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Nice hotel if you intend to make Jakarta as base and see other places such as Bandung. It is near the airport and has a shuttle running every 30 minutes round the clock, so getting to airport is hassle free. It is far away from the city so exploring Jakarta is not easy from here. But then, there are traffic jams in the city anyway. They sent a person with my name to pick me up. That was quite personal. I didn't have to wait for long either. Staff was in general very friendly anyways. Room was large, clean and peaceful. Overall, a pleasant stay for me. Those who want to spend more time in city, they should choose some other hotel in the city, otherwise this is good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jashnzindagi
SheratonBandara_11, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Sheraton Bandara, Jakarta - Indonesia!

Thank you for staying with us on your last trip in Jakarta. It was great to discover your valuable comments and feedback through Tripadvisor website. I do believe this valuable comment and feedback toward our hotel location and unpredictable traffic at the city will give more beneficial information to the traveler/business traveler who has plan to visit and doing some business/meeting at Jakarta.

If you have any feed-back on our services and facilities which you would like to share with us we would be delighted to hear from you. This would give us the opportunity to address any possible areas of improvement in our effort to continuously deliver the highest standards and exceed guest expectations.

It would be a privilege to welcome you back or to assist any of your friends or colleagues who plan to visit Jakarta in the future.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I spent two nights here in November about a week and a half apart, both in transit through Jakarta. The first wasn't that bad. The shuttle picked me up, despite my flight being delayed and I was able to check in quickly (probably because it was 2 am) and the staff was friendly, but that's where the positives ended. The room was dingy and the next morning when I tried to call to get my bags picked up, the front desk and bell desk did not answer for 20 minutes and I ended up bringing my bags downstairs myself.

The second night it took about an hour to get the shuttle, despite multiple calls from the pay phone at the airport. When I arrived at the hotel I waited in line another 15 minutes to get to the front of the check in line, only to be told they had no rooms available. It took 5 minutes of discussion for them to actually listen to the fact that I had a reservation and another 5 for them to find me a room. The room was the same as the first night. Definitely not up to the Starwood standard and not worth $240 a night.

Pretty much all the hotel has going for it is the location relative to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Issynot

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with Sheraton Bandara Jakarta on your last visit, we do really appreciate your valuable comment and feedback that we believe will bring our hotel facility and service for an improvement.

I am so regret that our shuttle service was not able to deliver your expectation properly. Please accept our sincere apology for this unpleasant experience and we will take a necessary improvement to encounter this situation and will assure you that this kind of condition is not happen again in the future.

Once again, thank you and we do really appreciate your valuable comments and feedbacks that we believe it will bring our hotel facility and service for an improvement. We look forward to welcome you back at Sheraton Bandara Jakarta on your next visit.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

hotel is large,service of the staff is good.stayed here couple of times,stayed recently few things have been renovated,the food is nice..in the maxi's bar some times staff are nice some times not friendly at all.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cukoo

Dear Valued Guest,

It's a great pleasure to know that you could feel such an improvement toward our property facility and service, eventually we are still moving forward to continue the progress of bringing them up into the higher standard.

I am so regret that our staff was not able to deliver your expectation properly. We will take immediate action to assure this kind of condition is not happen again in the future

Reviewed December 30, 2011

After seeing a lot of negative reviews on this hotel with tripadvisor, anyways decided to stay there for the first night of my nine nights travel to Jakarta to see what's going on.

Overall: NICE RESORT STYLE HOTEL AND AREA WITH GREENS BUT OPERATES WITH NO STANDARDS! TERRIBLE SERVICE. DO NOT EXPECT THEM WITH SHERATON STANDARDS. DIRTY TOWELS, DIRTY OLD ROOMS, DIRTY RESTAURANTS AND DIRTY NAPKINS WITH UNTRAINED PERSONNEL.

The hotel is just near the airport (5 minutes or so by car). It says to provide 24HRS airport shuttle. So once we got out of terminal, looked for the person in charge! after 5 minutes we found somebody else (From Shangri-La hotel) which told us he is on the way! 10 mins later saw the guy but NO CAR YET!!! It took another 30 minutes for car to arrive! (Believe me times are accurate!)
After this 45 minutes finally we found our seat in a OLD SMELLY VAN to hotel!
Trying to check in at 5PM while the normal check in time is 3 PM and the ROOM IS STILL NOT READY???!!! Yes! It is not!
As a SPG Platinum member, I should receive an upgrade to suite but NO SUITES!!! Only possible upgrade is Terrace Room!
Ok in the Terrace Room here's what I've got: Dirty towels, dirty bathrobe, TERRIBLE STAINS ON CURTAINS and even more stains on walls, mirror and even the bed sheets and cover.
Almost no choices for the breakfast! But you will get a dirty napkin and dirty forks with personnel not even saying "I'm Sorry" when you ask them to give you a clean one!
I made a terrible mistake and tried the restaurant also! My order has been written on waiters hand!!!!! And received the starters with along the main dishes together and of curs with dirty napkins and table sheets!
But the area is nice and the swimming pool is outstanding. You can have fun and rest in the greens... Liked the river or lake which is just behind the hotel.
I saw that hotel staff responding to the negative reviews that they are renovating the property but I do not think and dirty towels and napkins or untrained personnel are going to be resolved by a innovation. It takes less amount of money if they manage their current facilities better!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Sina149

Dear Valued Guest,

It is our pleasure to discover your valuable feedback through Tripadvisor for our awareness and immediate improvement.

I am so regret that we were not able to deliver your expectation properly which was this experience should not be happened as our commitment to always overcome our guest needs.

Please accept our sincere apology for this unpleasant experience and we will take a necessary improvement to encounter this situation.

It will be my pleasure should I can get more detail information toward your stay i.e. room number, period of stay and your complete name so I am able to take further review toward your overall stay experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at edward.tahalele@sheraton.com for any assistance so I can get in touch with you personally to share with you more update on our property.

Once again, thank you and we do really appreciate your valuable comments and feedbacks that we believe it will bring our hotel facility and service for an immediate improvement. We look forward to welcome you back at Sheraton Bandara Jakarta on your next visit.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

We spent one night at the Sheraton before catching a domestic flight early the next morning. The hotel's less than ten minutes by free shuttle bus from the airport - arriving late in the evening, we paid 100,000 IDR for a taxi, which was a good example of being bilked at the airport (the hotel tells us a taxi should cost about 30,000 for that short trip). Then again, the taxi counter started with a price of 150,000; at least we didn't pay 5 times the going rate...

Check in was admirably swift (it was 11pm so the foyer was deserted apart from staff) with none of the difficulty I've read from other reviews here. Staff were all friendly and helpful, which again, didn't match with the impression from other reviews - perhaps they've upped their standards recently.

The room (a deluxe garden view) had a slight musty smell when we first entered, but once the air con had run for a bit and dried the air, that dissipated. Bedding was rather soft, but we slept well, and the room is comfortable if not quite up to the standards of a Sheraton elsewhere: for example, there's a hideous bit of failed plastering/peeling wallpaper around the electrical sockets under the desk. However, that feels like nit-picking; I hope most travellers don't have they stay ruined because the wall decorations are a little sub-par.

Bathroom is a good size, water pressure for the shower was fine, although it's a bit leaky - ended up spraying water all over the place.

The environs of the hotel are very pleasant for somewhere so close to the airport; we weren't disturbed by noise, and there's lots of covered walkways to move between the buildings if it rains. Swimming pools and spa both look very nice, although I doubt you'd have much opportunity to use them unless you had a very long time between flights at the airport.

In the evening, there are geckos practically everywhere: we had a fun half hour spotting them on every external wall and ceiling. None made themselves apparent in our room though - that may be a positive or a negative for you, depending on your feelings for lizards.

Breakfast is ok; not an enormous selection of different pastries, but enough continental/fried/indonesian cuisine to give you choice. Again, staff were friendly and attentive. Air conditioning in the restaurant and indoor levels was at a comfortable level (contrast that with, say, Hong Kong, where it's glacial inside and tropical outside, so every time you change environments you feel ready to keel over).

Negatives: the hotel sprawls across the area - it can be difficult to find your way around. The standard of the rooms isn't what you'd get in, say, a Westin: bits of water damage, bed not brilliant, but it's perfectly acceptable for a short stay. There's lots of marble floor and some steep staircases that a child could easily hurt themselves on, so I wouldn't think this would be suitable for young families, but otherwise it's hard to find much to criticise.

• Stayed: December 2011
SheratonBandara_11, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Sheraton Bandara Jakarta.

It is our great pleasure to discover your review and comment toward our property, We are glad to know you had pleasant experience toward our staff friendliness and hospitality and also our property ambience and environment with its' convenient access from the airport.

Reviewing your experience toward our rooms and facilities, I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading our rooms and facilities to give our guests a more pleasant and convenient stay.

As we also aware on our resort style property layout that may have confused guests, we have established clear directory sign board on every floor to give the right direction in the hotel.

We are also in the process of reviewing our Food and Beverage menus for breakfast thus we really look forward to delight our guests with a better and more variety selection on the near future.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel offers a good solution for overnight ONLY. The location is very close to the airport, only 5 minutes drive. The room is not that bad, the size is pretty generous and it has a contemporary wooden touch. A nice touch, I must say. And the bathroom is pretty spacious too. Overall the room is not that bad.

However, I am quite disappointed with the cleanliness of the room amenities. I found a FEW blood spots on the towel (both bath and face towel). Not only that, I also spotted stains on the bed sheets. That was unpleasant to the eye. It really brings the room standard to a completely low level. Too bad.

But overall, the hotel is nice only for overnight. You wouldn't want to go far from the airport to catch the midnight or early morning flight.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
SheratonBandara_11, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so regret to hear your unpleasant experience with our hotel service, especially as you experienced there’s spots on bed sheet and towel which this condition supposed not to be happen toward our guest experience. We will take immediate corrective action to assure this kind of condition is not happen again in the future while we also commit our plan to have new linen in the 1st Quarter 2012. It is our commitment to deliver promises and satisfaction for all our guests and customers.

It would be a privilege to welcome you back or to assist any of your friends or colleagues who plan to visit Jakarta in the future and please contact me should you need any assistance.

Thank you.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Stayed there for transit from Balik Papan to Kuala Lumpur. A very pricey accomodation which I expected a good service then. Left my multi-purpose adaptor at home and asked the receptionist to lend me one. I waited until about 11 pm (called the reception at 8pm) and there were not even a sign of it. Pissed off and returned home with flat phone battery the next day. Too tired to argue with them.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
SheratonBandara_11, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greeting from Sheraton Bandara Hotel, Jakarta!

I am so regret that our staff was not able to deliver your request properly which was this experience should not be happened as our commitment to always overcome our guest needs.

Once again thank you and really appreciate your valuable comment and feedback, we look forward to hear from you soon.

Director of Rooms

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Jakarta Airport Hotel
#134 of 468 in Jakarta
Orchardz Bandara
Orchardz Bandara
#13 of 54 in Tangerang

Been to Bandara Hotel? Share your experiences!