“Great Hotel with affordable price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Media Hotel And Towers

The Media Hotel And Towers
Ranked #181 of 454 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great Hotel with affordable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed just one night in The Media Hotel And Towers for my weekend escape. Lucky I got a special deal for staying at Tower Room which is more exclusive and free access to Tower Lounge.
The room was good, new bed, BIG TV screen, and the coffee maker machine in room was very nice. Bathroom are big enough, and bathroom amenities were above my expectation. High Quality amenities.

Breakfast was excellent, a lot of food varieties and the service staff also very attentive.
Sauna & Swimming pool also great.

Overall, my weekend experience at The Media Hotel was very memorable for me and my family. I recommend this hotel for all travelers, good for pleasure, perfect for business.

Room Tip: Better you book a room at Towers Floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Andrianto,

Thank you for taking the time providing us with the feedback about your stay with us.
We are delighted to know that you are happy with our services and products.

It’s always great to hear that our guests enjoying The Media Hotel & Towers and the surroundings.

Please let me know when you plan to visit us again and I look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity of better serve you.

THE MEDIA HOTEL&TOWERS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
College Station, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in this hotel because of a conference, the entrace it is majestic but that is it. The receptionist saw me waiting inline and she ignored me and help the person that just approched her, I go to the lift and smell terribly like durian and old, go to my room and the toilet stink so bad their solution put more citrus spray, AC work but the humity in the room was bad their solution open more the vents. At night like I always do check the bed and it was with a lot of hair they did not change the sheets at all, called front desk and nobody answered, finally somebody show up and change the sheets, Also it s in a terrible location, it is not worth the money. The restaurants were ok but the staff at the breakfast restaurant were very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are terrible the cleaning is bad, my friend change his room because how dirty it was a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank Maritza780
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Maritza780,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you went through at our hotel. Please rest assured that your comments have been passed onto the Respective departments to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future. I also delighted that you had enjoy your breakfast experience and services provided by our team member.

We truly value your constructive comments, as we believe that they would help us to continually monitor and upgrade the quality of our service. I hope when your travel brings you back to The Media Hotel & Towers and can have better experience with us. Once again, please accept our sincere apologize for the unpleasant experience.

THE MEDIA HOTEL&TOWERS

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

One of the best thing in this hotel is that they do not permit smoking anywhere. Breakfast was good. Staffs were helpful but not friendly. When i entered from ground floor, i was surprised to see the lobby so tiny. Little did i know that I had to take the lift up to lobby. Overall, pricy for the price due to hotel's age and location.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear YoteChusoipin,

Your constructive comments are really appreciated for our own improvement in the future

We are also delighted to know that you had nice experience during your stay.

Kailua, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is in North Jakarta. It is close to the airport, but far from the main areas of Jakarta, shopping malls, and nightlife. Besides that though, this hotel is excellent and very comfortable. I've actually never stayed in a hotel so much and used so much hotel amenities as I did at The Media Hotel and Towers. I had a really bad experience with taxis and police the night I arrived. So be careful of taxis. Only use the recommended taxis like Bluebird.

Anyway, back to my review. A lot of people have commented that this hotel is dated and looks old. I think there is a difference with a hotel being old and dated and a hotel's theme being classic and traditional, kind of like the inside of an ivy league building. I thought everything was clean and seemed in place if you think of the look they were going for.

The bottom floor has a bakery and a Thai restaurant. the lobby is located on the second floor and requires an elevator ride to get to. The second floor has a big open lobby with the reception area directly in front of the elevators, a Chinese restaurant to the left, a small lounge to the right, and further down the right side they have their ballrooms for meetings and events. There's some stairs before you hit the ballrooms. It goes down to what I would guess would be the 1.5 floor. this floor has The Media Lounge and the Yacht Club. The Media Lounge has a bar, stage for live music, and two full-size pool tables. The music was ok the few times I went there. The Yacht Club has karaoke if you're into that. Both places have food and drinks. The food was great in both lounges. The hotel had wifi in almost all the public areas.

The sixth floor has the Breeze Cafe and the swimming pool. I went to the Breeze Cafe for their buffet breakfast. The breakfast was very good. They had an omelette bar, fresh fruit, salad, fresh juices, deserts, and other thai and american style breakfast dishes.

The rooms were very nice, comfortable and clean. The bathrooms were big. They had a nice big mirror behind the sink, a adjustable magnifying mirror, all the toiletries you could need including: soaps, combs, razor kit, toothbrush kit, lotions, shampoo, conditioner, sewing kit, and hair cap. The bathroom came with both a shower and a bath tub which were both large.

The room had a large bed that was very comfortable. It had night stands on both sides. Near the window, there was a sofa. The room also had a large flat screen tv. The room had internet. The closet had a room safe. To top it off, my room had a great view of the city.

The staff was wonderful. They were really helpful and spoke English well. The reception people were nice. The lounge workers were even nicer. I told both the lobby lounge and the Media lounge people about my bad experience with the taxis and the police. They both gave me taxi suggestions for trustworthy companies. One lounge worker even offered to take me to a club the during the weekend.

One weird thing that I came across with this hotel was, they would not exchange my American money because the serial numbers were below 2006. I've never heard of that before. I was staying in their hotel for three days during the business week, they had my passport copy, and they had my credit card on file. I felt like they could have easily found out if I was passing off fake money, and if I was they could have easily charged me for it. I went to South Jarkata a few days later and Le Meridien had no problem with my cash. Just an FYI for American travelers.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that would like to stay closer to the airport or in North Jakarta. The staff was very professional and friendly. The rooms, the hotel, and the lounges are all clean and nicely decorated. Happy travels!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear xbreadboyx,

We truly value your constructive comments, as we believe that they would help us to continually monitor and upgrade the quality of our service, especially concerning the unpleasant experience you had in exchanging money.

We are also delighted to know that that you enjoying our services and products and our staff members have always delivered the service which meet to your satisfaction.

As naturally, each and every staff member at the hotel is dedicated to service excellence, since we believe that is the key to our future success
It’s always great to hear that our guests had a pleasant experience like yourself at The Media Hotel & Towers and the surroundings.

indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Media Hotel has a good location in North Jakarta,especially if you like shopping..Mangga dua shopping centre is only 5-10 minutes drive,and you can find hundreds store there..clothes,bags,etc
This hotel named Sheraton before..but now change to Media Hotel.After changing the management,the room is cleaner..and the mattress is not hard as rock again...
You can enjoy free spa there..quite big whirpool,jacuzzi..steam,sauna..I love use this facility..

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Chrysantha,

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is probably one of those former greats that have sadly been left behind.
You can tell it must have been awesome in the 80s. Proper marble and wood surfaces, big compound

However time has taken its toll.
Musty carpet and stale cigarette smoke smells permeates the guest room floors. Aircon thermostat in my room was broken. Toilets replete with an anachronistic 'water not fit for drinking' sign. Acceptable for 4star hotels here in the 80s but not today

Not returning. Only ended up here as ALL other hotels were fully booked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ranvier1980
Dear Ranvier1980,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. We really appreciate your constructive comments for our own improvement in the future.

In regards to experience you had during the stay, we are sorry to learn about the unpleasant experience during your stay and I have shared with respective department to prevent similar experience happened in the future.Once again, please accept our sincere apologize for the unpleasant experience.

I personally look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity of better serve you.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The location is just opposite Mangga Dua for shopping,near to golf course ( Kemayoran) walking distant to shopping areas. Restaurants are all over, spas are all over with good quality for sure. karaoke can be in house or outside next door. Hotel with very professional staff and very personalised too. Its value for money and price is very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Allanckc,