“Vestiges of formal glory”

The Media Hotel And Towers
Ranked #196 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is probably one of those former greats that have sadly been left behind.
You can tell it must have been awesome in the 80s. Proper marble and wood surfaces, big compound

However time has taken its toll.
Musty carpet and stale cigarette smoke smells permeates the guest room floors. Aircon thermostat in my room was broken. Toilets replete with an anachronistic 'water not fit for drinking' sign. Acceptable for 4star hotels here in the 80s but not today

Not returning. Only ended up here as ALL other hotels were fully booked.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ranvier1980
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Ranvier1980,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. We really appreciate your constructive comments for our own improvement in the future.

In regards to experience you had during the stay, we are sorry to learn about the unpleasant experience during your stay and I have shared with respective department to prevent similar experience happened in the future.Once again, please accept our sincere apologize for the unpleasant experience.

I personally look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity of better serve you.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The location is just opposite Mangga Dua for shopping,near to golf course ( Kemayoran) walking distant to shopping areas. Restaurants are all over, spas are all over with good quality for sure. karaoke can be in house or outside next door. Hotel with very professional staff and very personalised too. Its value for money and price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Allanckc,

We are delighted to know that you are happy with our services and products.

It’s always great to hear that our guests enjoying The Media Hotel & Towers and the surroundings.

Please let me know when you plan to visit us again and I look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity of better serve you.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is great, up to Sheraton standards. The room was really big, air conditioned with a great view. The furniture was elegant, too. very comfortable bathroom and a number of valuable services, like the Acropolis area where you can find the sort of amenities you would expect in a five star hotel, like sauna, gym, etc, even if we used them only a little because we do not travel to spend our time in a hotel room.
Breakfast was good with even smoked salmon available.
The staff was really kind and always helpful but this is a characteristic of all Indonesian people.
On the negative I didn't appreciate too much their request of three American dollars to print 2 boarding passes: even if I had already checked in myself by my laptop I was required to use the business room and was charged 1 min internet connection plus printing. To be honest I had already printed two boarding passes on my first stay there for free and I had never been charged for that before.Printing boarding passes for free would be much appreciated by customers and doesn't cost too much to the hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Idontlovenicks,

Thank you for taking the time providing us with the feedback about your stay with us. We are delighted to know that you are happy with our services and products. As we always make guest’s experience as priority, It’s always great to hear that you enjoying The Media Hotel & Towers with the surroundings.

Regarding to the experience you had with business centre, appreciate your comment and input and I shall remind our team to be more flexible with guest's need..

Idontlovenicks, please let me know when you plan to visit us again and I look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity of better serve you.

THE MEDIA HOTEL & TOWERS

Reviewed July 26, 2012

*The new room brings a good satisfaction for stay and sleep
*Need your consideration for acceptable kids in fitness Room,cause not only adults who interest with that room,children also had an interest to practice with treadmill or dumble practice etc.

• Stayed: June 2012
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Andidwi,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. We truly value your constructive comments, as we believe that they would help us to continually monitor and upgrade the quality of our services.

Regarding to the experience you had with the health & fitness centre, please let me here clarify that indeed, it is within our regulation that children below 17th is not allowed to the gym and whirlpool area.

Please let me know when you plan to visit us again as I personally look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity of better serve you

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Nice staff and overall good experience. In the weekends a bit busy around the pool. Stayed there because of the vicinity of the exhibition grounds and had a good rate for a typical Sheraton experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear TVCBelgium,

Thank you for taking the time providing us with the feedback about your stay with us. We are delighted to know that you are happy with our services and products. As we always make guest’s experience as priority, It’s always great to hear that our guests enjoying The Media Hotel & Towers with the surroundings.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have the pleasure of staying at the Media Hotel 2 - 3 times a year for the past 12 years and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Jakarta. The staff from moment you enter the grounds at security are exeptionally polite, courteous and friendly nothing is too much trouble. I usually stay at the hotel alone but I am never alone everyone takes the time to make sure I am comfortable and being looked after in fact the staff make me feel like a VIP. I feel very safe at the hotel and always have a someone to talk to they make me feel part of the family. I have noticed lots of improvements being carried out at the hotel during my stays as they are contine to update the rooms and public areas.
Give this hotel a chance you will enjoy the experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Janet B

Dear Janet B,

We are delighted to know that you are happy with our services and products. It’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Simple,the staffs make you smile n cheerfull at anytime and you will have a lots of fun getting to know them about the culture in Jakarta,helpful and well trained in handling all complaints.many countries in SEA,have hotels,but this one outstanding from door to reception,way to drinks n food and Maintaining their standard of services in all possible way.....can't rate if it's five star...more than that...this hotel...you will fall in love with their smile n greetings.

Room Tip: Add a smile to the staffs and you get a good room for sure but you will have a no way to check out...