“Best Compromise of Every Aspect”
Review of Alila Jakarta

Alila Jakarta
Ranked #28 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been using Alila Jakarta for almost 2 years. Staying here mostly for business trips, and I find Alila Jakarta has perfect location for traffic like Jakarta. My colleagues and clients are very happy to be invited by me to have a simple chat, and even business talk, here.

Staffs are friendly, kind and helpful.

My favorite places are business lounge and T&C

Good things that I admire are abundant electrical plugs in room, abundant internet hotspots and high speed and free Internet access

Very reliable booking service, even if I booked in short notice and even if I checked-in almost midnight

One morning, I checked out early to catch 6 AM flight and found a coffee machine next to reception desk. I served myself a cup of espresso, free :-)

If this review was read by the management, I would strongly advise them to keep the rates as good as it is for me

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kristupa S
AJ-Alila_Jakarta, General Manager at Alila Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Pak Kristupa,

Thank you so much for your feedback and for your continued support to Alila Jakarta.

Happy to share what we are working on this year:
- Changing all our WIFI equipment that will result in an even faster connection (April)
- Renovation of the Spa scheduled to reopen in May
- Renovation of all the Executive and Alila suites scheduled for a July relaunch
- Opening of our new Restaurant (replacing Shanghai Storm & TNC) in September.

Please rest assured that our focus remains on always improving the product, keeping the property at the highest maintenance level and offering our best competitive rates.

Again, I am delighted that you enjoy the hotel stay and very much looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

i stayed in this hotel on the new year eve 2013, what a memorable firework displayed in jakarta that night !! make sure that you get a room at 21st or 22nd floor, you will get away from all the noises such as that mosque prayer calls at so early morning.a very good value hotel in the middle of jakarta with good breakfast ,very clean and good size room.

Room Tip: this hotel has 22 floors .in jakarta you need to choose the high floor rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
AJ-Alila_Jakarta, General Manager at Alila Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear aussiechi,

Thank you so much for choosing Alila Jakarta to start the year!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and very much looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Jakarta.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is situated in an older part of town but was perfectly located for the business appointments that I had. It has a modern minimalist design with lots of bright colours. This is the second time I have stayed there and I love it.
The service is excellent, effecient and friendly.
Although it is a modern design the rooms are just beginning to show a little wear and tear, no big deal though.
Very close the the excellent Laguna restuarant.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
AJ-Alila_Jakarta, General Manager at Alila Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Halford S,

Thank you so much for giving us such a great feedback!
I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and the service.

It gives me great pleasure to share your praise with the team.

I am happy to share that we are in the process of renovating our Suites for an April re-launch.

Thank you again also for choosing Alila Jakarta and very much looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed for two nights in early January, and another six nights in mid-January in the executive rooms. As a family of 4, we had interconnecting rooms - king in one room, and two singles in the next room.

The executive rooms allow you access to the Executive Lounge, which is where your check-in is conducted. It is very welcoming, and our host, Dhaki, remembered our names from our first visit and greeted us by name each time we met. The Exec. Lounge was great when we wanted to catch up with friends at the end of the day. We could sit on comfy chairs in a nice environment, free soft drinks, etc.

Our rooms were very comfortable... although my husband preferred the shower in the single-bed room to the shower over the bath in our king-bed room.

I usually get a sore back from hotel beds, but not this one. It was lovely!

Breakfast choice was great, with both Western and Asian choices. My daughter and I liked brekkie in the Exec Lounge (less choices, but a number of a la carte options such as pancakes or black rice porridge). My son and husband preferred the buffet on the second floor.

The porters/door staff were great with organising taxis etc. Special mention to Joses and Ben who were always really helpful with big smiles.

The national museum and Monas aren't far away, and the Grand Indonesia and Plaza malls are about a 5 minute taxi ride away, but it's about a 20 minute taxi ride to anywhere else.

There were mosques nearby, but great soundproofing in the rooms meant we weren't disturbed early in the morning.

The only criticism, which is only very minor, is that the foyer had a damp smell to it. The lounge, meal areas, and rooms were fine!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KristinaWasa

Dear KristinaWasa,

Thank you so much for choosing Alila Jakarta and for taking the time to giving us such a great feedback!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the service and very much look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Jakarta.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great hotel, clean and large rooms with free wifi. Very modern, minimalistic design, beautiful lobby, great breakfast, very polite and helpful staff.
The hotel is walking distance from the National monument and Istiqlal mosque (although walking is generally discouraged in Jakarta and we got some surprised looks, we had no problems) and a quick taxi ride from Kota district (old Batavia) or the golden triangle (shopping malls).
A bus station is also very close to the hotel if you wish to beat the traffic, since they have a dedicated lane - we had no problems with the buses either, local people were very friendly but we were always careful as advised.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
AJ-Alila_Jakarta, General Manager at Alila Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear maf-9,

Thank you so much for posting these great comments about us!

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and It gives me great pleasure to share your praise with the team!

Thank you also for choosing Alila Jakarta and very much looking forward to welcoming you again during your next trip to Indonesia.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

From the moment we arrived we received very friendly and helful service. The rooms are stunning! Large , beautiful the layout feels more like a home than a hotel room. WE booked through Mr and Mrs Smith which included a 3 course meal complimentary.The chef came out to discuss our meal and cater for vegetarians. The meal was delicious . Breakfast was also included and was also delicious . The restaurant overlooks Jakarta , with a gorgeous swimming pool and frangipani trees with red flowers [ from Cambodia] reflecting in the pool. The pictures on the website dont justify the rooms.. this is definetly one of the nicest boutique hotels we have stayed at, and will return,

Room Tip: all the rooms are designed for privacy and quiet. 3 rd floor was perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear jojo294226,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great feedback!

We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and very much look forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This modern hotel was unique surrounding the oldish style outside the hotel. The street is known for the food and night life.The hotel instead is same like any other modern hotel but with nice food. Be careful if you wish to go out or in at the time when people going or leave the office, the way to this hotel were mostly got jam. The staff is nice, clean sheet, the carpet not smells.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear evi s,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the service and very much look forward to welcoming you again at the hotel.