“Millenium Hotel”

Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta
Ranked #59 of 470 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Hotel itself little bit old but service was good. Near by Tanah Abang but also pack with traffic jam every time. breakfast was good. Just the bathroom little bit old, find someplace not in good condition.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Greetings from Central Jakarta!

Thank you for your comments related to your recent stay with us which you have posted online.

We thank you as well for your kind words about the level of our service as well as our breakfast spread being good. On the other hand, we have taken note of what you highlighted regarding the condition of the bathroom tiles in your room. Please be assured that this has been brought to the attention of our Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper who I am sure will take the necessary measures to correct it.

We hope to be of service to you again here at the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel sits a pebble throw away from the business district of central Jakarta. For the asking price and locality, you will not be able to find other properties of similar standing around. One thing I like about this place is that the hotel staff are very approachable, sincere and friendly.
One instance is that when a staff saw me walking out on a rainy day, he offered an umbrella without even me asking. Another exemplary instance was when a staff was pushing a cart along
the corridor, he stopped to allow me to pass even when there was adequate space for both of us. Hotel staff always make an effort to greet you. In some other hotels in Asia, I always wondered if I have donned Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.

I had some difficulty getting a taxi on a rainy day but nevertheless, I subsequently heard
that the traffic flow was much worse in the other hotels. The lifts and corridors are also scented which I thought gave a nice feeling.

Now, is it still possible to fault a hotel which had given you an upgrade?

For the price you pay for under USD$100, you will still not able to get a separate shower compartment in the upgraded room. When you checked-in, please note that while the concierge takes your luggage from the taxi, the luggage will not follow you to your room (as this is not a 5-star hotel). I had to look around for my luggage after I checked-in and it was sitting at the luggage area. The good - I saved on tipping.

I was requested on my first morning if I wanted to share my breakfast table when the breakfast restaurant was full to the brim. I thought I only have to do that in food-courts. Fortunately, it happened only once.

The nearest convenience store is about 400m away but felt double the distance because of the Jakarta traffic and lack of good pavements. However, affordable taxis are readily available to bring you to many shopping malls which are 10 minutes away on weekends. There are also shuttle services from the hotel to three malls but I did not try them.

There are still a thing or two I will share with the duty manager which I will contact separately.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank sgMagellanic
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Greetings from Central Jakarta!

Thank you for your comments related to your recent stay with us. It is indeed gratifying that you have acknowledged the friendliness and courteousness of our staff.

On the other hand, please be assured that your comment regarding your luggage and your experience in the restaurant has been passed on to our Front Office Manager & Director of Food & Beverage respectively who I’m sure will put in place the necessary corrective measures.

We look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you again.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed from 30/01/214 until 2/02/2014 room 1128 under the name of Majidi Ibrahim Hasmin. Arrived late to the hotel due to the traffic from the airport to the hotel cause of the flooded some of the areas in the city. From 6pm at the airport and arrived at 8.30pm to the hotel. Such a tiring journey.

At the check in counter, staff name Firman was amazingly remember me while my pass visit was 4 months ago which I think it was quite long. He have a very good memory. Given room with the 2 single bed smoking floor which I think it just perfect. A minutes later Firman came to my room with a wonderful surprise which I'm never expected it was my birthday date and a touching message from Ms Intany from the room division. How wonderful it was when I found that it all unexpected. Really appreciate for all the surprises. When I was entering the toilet, I found something unpleasant and reported to Firman immediately when he came to the room with the surprise birthday cake.

Day 2, breakfast at the restaurant... Bobby (the waiter) was extremely fantastic... He remember me and as well remember my coffee when I'm having my breads... He asked "are you ready for your coffee" while I'm taking my toast and pastry... Such a wonderful experience where that he can remember me and my preference when having breakfast. 2nd time visit after 4 months but having well treat as like I'm returning every months. It was continuing until the day that we check out. However, I couldn't see him on my departure day since I'm having early breakfast and pick up at 6.30am. I missed to say thank you and bid farewell to him...

At check out, it was efficient and the security staff (could not be able to find his name) was really helpful and asked if we need a transportation and I refused his offer since I have got my driver to send to the airport.

Amazing, amazing and amazing... That's the best reward for the associates for making my stay memorable.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
9  Thank Majidi I
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta!

This is to acknowledge and thank you for your comments and very kind words about our associates who made your stay a memorable one. Please be assured that your comments how they excelled in delivering guest services will be shared to all of them. I am sure that they will be more than happy to know about it and will motivate them further to continue with our goal to make all our guests happy.

We all look forward to welcome you back and be of service to you again whenever you are in Jakarta.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Booked 5 rooms from 30/01 to 02/02/2014. We arrived around 8.30pm Jakarta time. Surrounding was too quiet, not even a convenience store within sight. Tanah Abang and Tugu Monas is nearby.

Staff were friendly and check-in was quick. But hotel double charged my credit card. I had to call my bank a few times in Singapore to verify.

Room conditions acceptable, clean & comfortable. There's welcome fruit, 2 apples in each room but the apples were not fresh enough.

Hotel food delicious. Breakfast is good too but not much choice.

Need to renovate the swimming pool. WiFi no connection on my last night.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mistikal_73

Greetings from Jakarta!

This is to acknowledge and thank you for your comments related to your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your kind words about the friendliness of our associates and the hotel food being delicious. On the other hand, please be assured that I will personally look into the issue of double charges on your credit card as well as the unavailability of wifi connection on your last night.

We hope that you will still give us the opportunity to serve you in your future visits to Jakarta particularly here at the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Very good value for money. The rooms are large and the hotel is clean. Breakfast options are very good for vegetarians. Not exactly walkable distance from Plaza Indonesia, but the hotel provides a free drop-off and pick-up service in the evenings. Even if you take a cab it is about 10 minute drive.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to get upgraded to higher room category which gives you a room on higher floors...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
7  Thank yogi_tiwari
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Greetings from Central Jakarta!

This is to acknowledge and thank you for your comments which you posted online.

It is indeed gratifying to learn that we have met your expectations. We all look forward to welcome you back here at the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed at this hotel couple of time, very nice experience especially the last one where i was booked for superior room (the cheapest) but got a free upgrade to the millenium club suite. Wifi was not free, dunno why but other than that it was a great experience, keep up the good work!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank I Gede Githa D
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while we all look forward to welcome you back here at the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights traveling with my wife. We were checked in immediately up on arrival no delays what so ever. The service was prompt, professional yet so friendly.
The room was fair spaced, clean and comfy.
The hotel is located away from most places you may want to visit in the city. But they provide a shuttle service to/from 4 shopping centers in Jakarta. And you can request a taxi from the front desk that will be there almost immediately.
Overall, our short stay was pleasant, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone on business or vacation to Jakarta.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank shidsilik
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Greetings!

This is to acknowledge and thank you for your comments related to you recent stay with us. We thank you so very much as well for your generous comments about our prompt professional yet friendly service. Please be assured that your kind words will be passed on to all our associates who made your stay a pleasant one.

We all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back here at the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.