“Wonderful Business & Leisure Trip to Jakarta” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta

Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta
Ranked #71 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Malaysia
“Wonderful Business & Leisure Trip to Jakarta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had an opportunity to stay in this hotel recently. I was given a deluxe room. Room was spacious and comfortable. A 5 minutes walk to Tanah Abang shopping centre. Despite of traffic jams while travelling from the airport to the hotel, I had a wonderful time. Staff were friendly with their beautiful Indonesian smiles.

Being a hotelier and a training manager, I could could identify the sincerity and passion of their staff in serving guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank MalaysiaHotelier
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

This is to acknowledge and thank you for your review and kind words about our products and services.

Please be assured that we will share your comments to all our associates who made your stay particularly enjoyable.

We all look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you again in your next visit to Jakarta.

Manny Q. Mercado

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Canmore, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

good room and facilities but poor staff at restaurant, looks pretty but not friendly enough,, need well trainned for smiling to staff at restaurant.. as 4 STARhotel, this the terrible hotel i found.. good enough of location at central of jakarta.only afew walks to go to famous place at jakarta

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank robert r
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this review, March 25, 2013

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta!

This is to acknowledge and thank you for your comment which you posted online. It is with deep regret that your experience at the restaurant in our hotel wasn’t very pleasant. Please be assured that this is a very isolated case and will ensure that the staff are informed of your valuable input.

We hope that you will still give us another opportunity to serve you in the manner that you have every right to expect so that we are able to erase whatever negative impression you may now have about our products and services.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance on your return. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Sincerely

indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

stay at milenium is a great place to stay in.... feels home sweet home... good services of staff like kujang,sari and yuli at restauran(friendly service and warm smile). nice room,clean and spacious enough... surely come back to this hotel when i visit jakarta again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank dellriz
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from your home away from home…..the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta!

It is quite gratifying to learn that we have met your expectations. Thank you very much for your very kind words about our hotel being a great place to stay, the good services rendered to you by our restaurant service staff as well as the quality of our rooms.

Please be assured that your comments will be passed on to all our staff who made your stay truly a memorable one. I am sure that they will all be pleased and motivated to further excel in serving our customers.

We all look forward to welcome you back.

indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

i book a superior room, but when we check in it's full already and the front desk arrange to upgrade the room to deluxe. I'm more than happy then..Overall the staff show us the hotel's hospitality and greatly helping us. The room quite spacious, neat, and clean and the hotel near tanah abang which have pro and con, you can access tanah abang easily but the other hand it's causing traffic. However, none in jkt with no traffic :). I only stay for 1 night so haven't walk over the hotel to try all their facility. In the morning, they serve common hotel breakfast..

Room Tip: Room facing main road can help you watch its traffic
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank alfa_bintoro
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this review, February 7, 2013

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta!

This is to acknowledge and thank you for your kind words about your experience in our hotel. Please be assured that this will be passed on to all our service associates who I am sure will be very motivated to further excel in their endeavor in optimizing guest satisfaction.

We all look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is my second review on this hotel, those who read my first review will know that i have an unpleasant stay during my first stay in this hotel.

I decided to give Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta another chance was due to the GM of the hotel, Mr Manny. He was really put in the effort to resolve any issues feed back from the guest, he called me personally to apology on the mistake made by the front desk and follow up through on the refund after i lodged the official complaint to the hotel due to over charging issue and all these takes only about 10 days and the refund already credit back to my credit card.

I was even offered a complimentary stay in this hotel by the GM after he resolved my issues and this time round i personally withness the improvement of the hotel services and the staff friendliness there.

Well done Mr Manny, keep it up and i'm sure Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta deserve of title of the star hotel in town with your strong management team.

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank Alfred T
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.

This is just to acknowledge and thank you for your very kind review based on your return visit to our hotel.

Please be assured that your comments will be passed on to all our associates who made your stay particularly an enjoyable one.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Bandung, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed for one night on new year's eve. Overall my experience in this hotel was good. Okay, here's the review :

Location : I gotta say it has a very good location. it's located in central Jakarta, just near the Bank of Indonesia. 5-10 mins walking to Sarinah building, 15 mins to Grand Indonesia Shopping Mall, Plaza Indonesia, National monument, and 5 mins walking to the nearest Trans Jakarta shelter (which is just in front the sarinah building). If you're a culinary hunter, just go to Sabang street at night, you'll find variety foods to try.

Room : Room is very spacious and clean, with all the facilities every hotel has. Don't expect the view, since it's jakarta, you'll only find tall buildings around. The bathroom is clean with a bathtub inside and complete set of amenities.

Breakfast : Hmm.... I felt quite disappointed for the breakfast. For such a hotel with the price, the breakfast just didn't meet my expectation. I tried some and they're lack in taste. I ended up just made toasts.

Price : little bit expensive. But hey, there's a price to pay for the good location :)

For the service, few times I asked for room services and they came quickly. So,I had no complaint regarding the service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank bun9i
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta!

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. We likewise thank you for your generous comments regarding the hotel’s very good location, clean & spacious rooms and the fast & efficient service of the hotel.

On the other hand, we have also taken note of your comment about the improvement need of our breakfast. Please be assured that this will be passed on to our Culinary Team who I’m sure will put in place improvement initiatives.

We hope that despite your comment about our breakfast, you will still give us the opportunity to be of service to you again so that we are able to correct whatever negative impression you may now have about our F&B products.

Please do let me know should you be coming back for a return stay. We all look forward to welcome you back here at the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed at Millenium Hotel Sirih Jakarta on two different occasions - a 5 night stay and a 3 night stay. Tried both club room (city view) located on the 14th level, as well as a deluxe room (pool view) on the 13th level respectively.

Check-In:
Arrived at 11am and was told that check-in time is 2pm. Hence, I waited at the lobby till 2pm and the room is still not ready. However, the Front Office staff was courteous and overall, service was good.

Location:
Strategically located in Tanah Abang area, a short 5 minute taxi ride to two major shopping malls - Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia Shopping Town. However, there are no attractions nearby which are of walking distances. It's good that they have a specialized taxi counter whereby we can call for Blue-Bird Taxi.

Rooms:
Both club and deluxe rooms are big and comfortable. Personally I felt that the rooms with city views are quite noisy due to the vehicles on the road. On the other hand, rooms with pool views are segregated from the noise as it is not facing the main road. Rooms and toilet are clean and housekeeping service did a good job during the turnover. However, I thought that more plugs could be added as the room only have a 3-pin power-point and a 2-pin power-point which I feel is insufficient especially if you intend to charge two devices at one go.

Breakfast:
Room service is decent and good. Ordered Nasi Goreng and Sop Buntut, service was efficient. However, the breakfast buffet at the restaurant in level 1 is just normal, not much wow factor. Just expect decent buffet spread and not much variety.

WIFI:
I had already pre-purchased the WIFI together with the room booking prior to departure. However, I was not given the WIFI password upon my check-in even though I had already paid for it. The WIFI charge is added to the total bill upon check-out. As I had a flight to catch, I am not that particular about it and hence, just let it go. The FO staff should have check the system first.

Service:
Overall, service was decent. Staffs are courteous, smiley and willing to help.

Room Tip: Rooms with pool view are quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank j_herliani
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Central Jakarta!

Reference is made to your comments regarding your recent stay with us that you posted online last January 18, 2013. Thank you very much for your very kind words regarding the quality and taste of our breakfast buffet as well as the food you ordered through Room Service. We have also taken note of your comments about our decent service, courteous staff, always smiling and willing to help. Please be assured that all these will be shared with our service associates who I’m sure will be very delighted to learn about it.

On the other hand, we sincerely apologize for unintentionally omitting your internet access which you pre-purchased when you booked online. I have no excuse on this and once again I sincerely apologize. Please be assured that this lapse in service has been passed on to our Front Office Manager who shall ensure that corrective actions are put in place to avoid recurrence. Please let me know how we can credit back to you the amount you paid for the internet access.