Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta
Kosenda Hotel(Jakarta)
$55
$46
Great 4.5/5
All reviewstanah abangtextile marketshuttle serviceclub floorduty managerfree wifithe general managercomfortable staygrand indonesiajunior suiteclean hotelswimming pool isbreakfast buffetroom servicenice roomshopping centrenational monument
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I booked two nights simply because I had to attend a meeting nearby. When I arrived, it was almost midnight. Two staff were at the counter chatting away while I stood next to them waiting. It took several minutes before they even realized I was waiting!

Next morning, the breakfast was anything but 4-star. Perhaps 2?

About the only thing was that the room was sufficiently spacious and the bed mattress was nice though the pillows had only 1 option - soft!

It is also old and could use a little face lift

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Greetings from Jakarta!

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay earlier this month which you have posted online.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the lack of attention given to you by our Front Desk staff on your arrival as well as the quality of breakfast. Please be assured that these have been passed on to Front Office and Culinary team respectively who shall ensure that necessary measures are put in place. Please accept our sincerest apologies for whatever inconvenience this may have caused you.

We truly value your patronage and are very much thankful for your comments as these guide us where we need improvement. We hope that you can still give us another opportunity to be of service to you so that we are able to correct whatever negative impression you may now have about our products and services.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The owner of this hotel must think that a splash of paint and a new television will be enough effort to constitute a refurb. But the place is stil tired, and the smell of bleach and powerful air freshener will make your eyes water.

The staff, with a couple of exceptions on the club floor, are poorly trained and unhelpful.

On checking out it was clear they were over-charging me compared to the rate agreed with Booking.com. When I complained, I was told that I did not understand how international hotels operate. (FYI, I travel 100,000 miles per annum and am frequently in Jakarta. And I speak Indonesian).

Eventually the desk clerk reluctantly (and with ill grace) admitted her error, but this procees took 30 minutes, and I had a plane to catch.

There are some decent hotels in Jakarta. Poor service and ripping off the guest is by no means a common experience in this rapidly changing city. But this hotel is an example of dreadful management and an indifferent owner. I will avoid all Millenium hotels in future.

• Stayed: December 2012
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.

Thank you for your comments which you have posted online immediately after your departure today.

Please be assured that I will personally look into this. Please accept our sincerest apologies for whatever inconvenience we may have caused you.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hotel is close to Tanah Abang textile market..good for those shopping trips.
The concierge team was always helpful and friendly..just ask.
Room is just okay though will be better with a refurbishment.Can be quite noisy from the traffic.
Breakfast was quite good.. lots of Asian food.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.

Thank you for your very kind words about our helpful and friendly Concierge team.

On the other hand, I believe it is noteworthy to mention that all our guestrooms have undergone refurbishments. We are currently redesigning our guest lifts which we hope to complete sometime in the first quarter of 2013.

We have taken note of your comment about the street traffic noise that is audible in your room. We will ensure that you will be assigned in a room facing the pool & garden view in your next visit.

We look forward to be of service to you again in your future visits to Jakarta.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Jakarta is a difficult city for a tourist. Very hard to walk, 24/7 traffic jam. This hotel is a fine place to escape. Decent restaurant, bar with sometimes live music, pool on the roof, good service and fine massage. Good if you are in Jakarta for a couple of days.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Robert K
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Greetings from Jakarta!

This is to acknowledge and thank you for your very kind words about the hotel’s decent restaurant and good services. Please be assured that your comments will be passed on to all my associates who are key in making your stay an enjoyable one. I am sure that they will be more motivated to excel in extending excellent services to all our valued guests like you.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you book this hotel, don't expect the same standard as Millennium & Copthorne Hotels elsewhere. The hotel is old with dated interiors throughout. The Club room had been recently renovated as had the Club lounge. Evening light dinner in the Club Lounge was good, but the white wine almost undrinkable. The sauna and steam room facilities were filthy with green mold all over the walls, a large hole in the ceiling and a bad smell throughout.

Overall, the hotel is OK if you get it for a good price. But don't expect a quality 4-star International experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta!

Thank you for your comments which you have recently posted online.

We have taken note of your comments about the wine served at our Millennium Club Lounge. While I can assure you that this is a very isolated case, please accept our sincerest apologies for whatever inconvenience this may have caused you. I have brought this up to the attention of our Beverage Manager to ensure that it is immediately corrected.

On the other hand, I have called the attention of the Life Spa & Fitness Centre Operator about your comments regarding the upkeep of the sauna and steam room facilities. I am certain that they will correct this.

Once again, we thank you so much for your comments as this is a big help to make me aware of the areas that we should improve on.

We truly value your patronage Sir / Madame, and we hope that you can still give us the opportunity to be of service to you again so that we are able to serve you in the manner which you have every right to expect.