“Poor hotel staff”

Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta
Ranked #56 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I must say am bit hesitant to book this hotel since the review was not so good either. Some review said it was decent, good, nice, some said not, but am still decided to book this hotel via travel agent. I have a note in my voucher that I requested non-smoking room with pool view, the lady in reception did confirm non-smoking room for me but did not notice the "pool view" request, and did not bother to ask me either. I was disappointed when they brought me to city view room in club floor, when I complaint to reception, they said the information from travel agent did not go really well so usually guest must request (again) when check in time. Seriously how come you do that to the guest? I was bringing the voucher with me, all you have to do is READ CAREFULLY and confirm me about the room availability, and I would understand if it was fully booked. Then, I was told that the room in pool view is occupied, I came down to the lobby and asking to the nice man in the reception (Mr.Sandi) of the availability of pool view room, and he said it was available and it was OK to change the room. The point: I did not get any solution from the previous lady on the phone when I complaint and she put the blame on the travel agent that they did not pass the information clearly, so what the point of bringing the voucher with special request on that if you guys did not READ it? Thanks to Mr.Sandi who allowed me to change the room immediately, so that my weekend did not turn into sour mood.

Surely you guys should train for product knowledge to know which rooms/floor with facility of free internet and which rooms/floor are not. I have booked in the club floor which is the special floor with the special facility, and been informed from your official website that it has FREE of LAN (internet). When I asked password and username, the concierge told me that it is chargeable, so that I should confirm to the reception, and I (again) confirm to the reception and he told me that it was chargeable, and I shall confirmed him that we stayed in club floor that entitled to free internet access, we waited a couple minutes and he gave us a fast respond that the room is really free of internet access. Better if you have a good reliable information between staff so that does not confusing the guest, and we did not feel cheated when receiving the false information between internet (official website) and hotel staff.

More smiling voice when talking on the phone please.... It's not my first time to stay at star hotel, and I shall assure you that I did not just book a room with breakfast, it is always including the hospitality in it. We expect friendliness, comfortable, helpful, reliable, well informed, and anything that make us have a pleasant stay there, and the proof that you deserve of title of the star hotel in town. This not my best short weekend getaway in town by the way.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Louwie
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta!

This is to acknowledge and thank you for your detailed comments regarding your stay which you posted online recently.

While I have no excuse for what turned out to be a not “the best weekend getaway” for you because of this experience, please be assured that I have brought this up to the attention of the Head of Department concerned who will ensure that corrective measures are put in place to avoid recurrence.

Please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope that you will still give us the opportunity to be of service to you so that we are able to correct whatever negative impression you may now have about our services.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I booked two nights simply because I had to attend a meeting nearby. When I arrived, it was almost midnight. Two staff were at the counter chatting away while I stood next to them waiting. It took several minutes before they even realized I was waiting!

Next morning, the breakfast was anything but 4-star. Perhaps 2?

About the only thing was that the room was sufficiently spacious and the bed mattress was nice though the pillows had only 1 option - soft!

It is also old and could use a little face lift

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Jakarta!

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay earlier this month which you have posted online.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the lack of attention given to you by our Front Desk staff on your arrival as well as the quality of breakfast. Please be assured that these have been passed on to Front Office and Culinary team respectively who shall ensure that necessary measures are put in place. Please accept our sincerest apologies for whatever inconvenience this may have caused you.

We truly value your patronage and are very much thankful for your comments as these guide us where we need improvement. We hope that you can still give us another opportunity to be of service to you so that we are able to correct whatever negative impression you may now have about our products and services.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The owner of this hotel must think that a splash of paint and a new television will be enough effort to constitute a refurb. But the place is stil tired, and the smell of bleach and powerful air freshener will make your eyes water.

The staff, with a couple of exceptions on the club floor, are poorly trained and unhelpful.

On checking out it was clear they were over-charging me compared to the rate agreed with Booking.com. When I complained, I was told that I did not understand how international hotels operate. (FYI, I travel 100,000 miles per annum and am frequently in Jakarta. And I speak Indonesian).

Eventually the desk clerk reluctantly (and with ill grace) admitted her error, but this procees took 30 minutes, and I had a plane to catch.

There are some decent hotels in Jakarta. Poor service and ripping off the guest is by no means a common experience in this rapidly changing city. But this hotel is an example of dreadful management and an indifferent owner. I will avoid all Millenium hotels in future.

• Stayed: December 2012
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.

Thank you for your comments which you have posted online immediately after your departure today.

Please be assured that I will personally look into this. Please accept our sincerest apologies for whatever inconvenience we may have caused you.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hotel is close to Tanah Abang textile market..good for those shopping trips.
The concierge team was always helpful and friendly..just ask.
Room is just okay though will be better with a refurbishment.Can be quite noisy from the traffic.
Breakfast was quite good.. lots of Asian food.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.

Thank you for your very kind words about our helpful and friendly Concierge team.

On the other hand, I believe it is noteworthy to mention that all our guestrooms have undergone refurbishments. We are currently redesigning our guest lifts which we hope to complete sometime in the first quarter of 2013.

We have taken note of your comment about the street traffic noise that is audible in your room. We will ensure that you will be assigned in a room facing the pool & garden view in your next visit.

We look forward to be of service to you again in your future visits to Jakarta.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Jakarta is a difficult city for a tourist. Very hard to walk, 24/7 traffic jam. This hotel is a fine place to escape. Decent restaurant, bar with sometimes live music, pool on the roof, good service and fine massage. Good if you are in Jakarta for a couple of days.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Robert K
GM-MHSJ, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Greetings from Jakarta!

This is to acknowledge and thank you for your very kind words about the hotel’s decent restaurant and good services. Please be assured that your comments will be passed on to all my associates who are key in making your stay an enjoyable one. I am sure that they will be more motivated to excel in extending excellent services to all our valued guests like you.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you book this hotel, don't expect the same standard as Millennium & Copthorne Hotels elsewhere. The hotel is old with dated interiors throughout. The Club room had been recently renovated as had the Club lounge. Evening light dinner in the Club Lounge was good, but the white wine almost undrinkable. The sauna and steam room facilities were filthy with green mold all over the walls, a large hole in the ceiling and a bad smell throughout.

Overall, the hotel is OK if you get it for a good price. But don't expect a quality 4-star International experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta!

Thank you for your comments which you have recently posted online.

We have taken note of your comments about the wine served at our Millennium Club Lounge. While I can assure you that this is a very isolated case, please accept our sincerest apologies for whatever inconvenience this may have caused you. I have brought this up to the attention of our Beverage Manager to ensure that it is immediately corrected.

On the other hand, I have called the attention of the Life Spa & Fitness Centre Operator about your comments regarding the upkeep of the sauna and steam room facilities. I am certain that they will correct this.

Once again, we thank you so much for your comments as this is a big help to make me aware of the areas that we should improve on.

We truly value your patronage Sir / Madame, and we hope that you can still give us the opportunity to be of service to you again so that we are able to serve you in the manner which you have every right to expect.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here for 2D1N . Stopover for 1 night stay before proceed to Bandung . Booked for Club room but once checked in , the staff say upgrade to Deluxe room which is at 12 floor . Got confused , since Club floor at level 14 and 15 . But would not care much , since I arrived late night . The Deluxe room pretty good and very clean . Breakfast just normal taste . What I do observed this hotel is full of people and may be my room was giving away ! ...plus point , it is closed to Tanah Abang ........

Room Tip: asked for city view .... you can see Taman Anggerek beautiful night view from your room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wazaruha

Good day to you!

This is to acknowledge and thank you for your comments which you have posted online.

You are correct in saying that our premium room products – Millennium Club Rooms are located at the 15th & 14th floors of the hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies if there were confusion on the term “upgrade”. On the other hand, thank you for your very kind words about how good and clean our rooms are.

I have taken note of your comment about our breakfast which you find to be “just normal taste” Please be assured that this will be brought up to the attention of our Culinary team so that necessary improvement initiatives are put in place.

Please don’t hesitate to drop me a note should your travel plans include another trip to Jakarta and a stay in our hotel so I may personally look after your accommodation requirement.

Thank you for your patronage of the Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta.