“exceptional experience ”

Mandarin Oriental Jakarta
Ranked #5 of 474 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

when i came to this hotel the lobby staff really amazed me..very nice and friendly...
and my room really good...not too big and not too small but the ceiling not too high..looks not luxury..but its okay..i really enjoyed my room..

the breakfast really nice,outstanding service, i remembered the waiter name Mike that assist me, He delivered a exceptional service..

the pool was small and lack of maintenance but its not ruin my holiday..

overall the service, room,facilities was really awesome..i think Mandarin its the best hotel in Jakarta..will come back here soon !!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gee230383
Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I was excited to visit the Jakarta Mandarin Oriental having heard of its recent renovation. Here's my take on this hotel:

Lobby: Underwhelming - I was expecting more, I don't see where the renovation went. It was just blah.

Gym: Very good, modern equipment, with excellent staff

Pool: Very very small - my pool at home is larger. And the pool's surrounding area is not so well maintained.
Didn't they just renovate this place?

Room: Excellent! I guess this is where all the renovation money went - very high tech, comfortable, beautiful bathroom, very uniquely Mandarin look. Business folks will love the rooms.

Breakfast: Not so good - the sausages were horrible, both beef and chicken. And no pork (correct me if I'm wrong)

Service: Excellent - from front desk to gym/pool staff

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was staying in Mandarin Hotel for a short stay with a lot of work to finish. Definitely this is a really nice place not only to sleep but also to work. The room's layout was just perfect to work. The service from started to the end of my stay was excellent. Also nice breakfast .

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Aragos
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family have stayed in this hotel in july 2014. I lived in jakarta but never before stayed in this hotel even though i passed this hotel many times hehe. The hotel is good, the staff is very welcome and helpful, the room great, highly recommended hotel

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ariepra
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Check in 27 check out 30 and I say its a

Brilliant check in experience
Brilliant House keeping experience
Brilliant attitude from breakfast staff
Brilliant quality of food served on breakfast I said quality the taste is good though not brilliant
Brilliant check out experience

so 5 of 5 star!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ir n
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Didn't consider this hotel at all at first, however got a special deal through my American Express card so I cancelled with the Keraton and booked at the Mandarin. Was surprised to receive an email asking for my child's name, thought it was just to arrange for bedding. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were whisked away by one of the hotel's staff, directly to our room, without all the fuss of checking in at the checking desk. Arriving in our room, we discovered we were upgraded from a normal room to a suite. The staff took our passports and card, and came back a few minutes later, checking all done and dusted. In our room was a welcome card for our daughter, personalized by using letters and drawings that must have taken some effort, very well done. This was accompanied by fruits, chocolates and a bottle of wine - all on the house. The suite itself was big, roomy and very well decorated. Two LCD televisions and a huge bathroom with bath and separate shower, even a walk-in closet. We made use of the hotel's pool, it was a bit chilly though, could do with heating. Nevertheless, its big and deep, enough space for a good swim. There is a pool bar and restaurant, we ordered food from there and I had the biggest and best hamburger ever! Price was not too expensive. Didn't make use of the spa or gym. Made use of breakfast twice in the restaurant downstairs. First morning we were 10 minutes late and missed the breakfast, however they were kind enough to ask the staff to wait for us to get our food before taking the food trays away. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle service over weekends, dropping and collecting you from the mall. Upon leaving, they made a booboo with our early breakfast that was arranged to be served in our room. However they made up for it by packing us take-away breakfast. Stayed for 3 nights, if ever visiting Jakarta again I will waste no time in choosing this hotel again. Best service ever, everyone serves with smile and in proper English. Upon checking out I discovered a charge from the mini bar that I disagreed with. The front desk staff removed this charge without so much as questioning it or objecting. Wow, most other hotels the staff will want to go and recheck the mini bar or just argue with you. Few days later I received an email from the hotel apologizing for the mix up with our breakfast and promising a room upgrade when we stay with them again. Now what more can you ask for, I have not experienced such customer service ever across Australasia, Europe or anywhere else for that matter. I would give this place 6 stars if I could!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank splendidsimply
Reviewed July 26, 2014

You cannot go wrong with the place. I have been here many times and it is down to their people and the consistency of service provided. Rooms are of decent size, well kept and clean but the people make all the difference. You come back to the hotel late and people greet you with a smile, recognize you as a repeater and are doing so whenever I return. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business