“Grand hotel well done”

Mandarin Oriental Jakarta
Ranked #7 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a short business trip. From check-in over breakfast to check-out the experience was one of efficient service delivered with the right touch of local flavour. Food both dine-in and breakfast buffet is of excellent quality with wide choice. Rooms are spacious with ample facilities, and unusually for a hotel of this category free wi-fi was the icing on the cake. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014
There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental Jakarta

Reviewed May 5, 2014

From the moment I was collected at the airport by the hotel until the minute I was checking out I experienced exceptional customer service from everyone at this hotel.
Unfortunately the airline lost my bags during my transfer to Jakarta, but when the Mandarin Oriental heard about this they went above any expectations and offered to dry-clean my clothes (complimentary!) while I wait for my suitcase, they arranged for collection of my suitcase (because it would be quicker then waiting for the courier from the airline) and this was dealing with an issue from the airline.
My experience with every department within the hotel was always friendly, professional and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark77uk
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This past April, my wife and I held our latest vacation in the South East Asia area of this beautiful planet. This trip involved several legs of various durations, starting in Bangkok, then Jakarta, a few days in Borneo and then finally Bali.

We were spending only 1 night in Jakarta, taking a flight the next afternoon to Borneo. This hotel is on the pricier side but they meet every expectation you would set for this accommodation level. Car service from the airport was spot on and timely. In-room check-in services was a welcomed relief after a long day of flying and transiting. Our room was absolutely the best (a junior suite I believe). The next day we even had the hotel organize a quick drive around with short stops at major sites in Jakarta, before heading to the airport. The latter within a reasonable price all things considered.

So basically, if your budget does permit, do not hesitate to stay at the Mandarin Oriental Jakarta Hotel, you will see that it is well worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sophie and Paul V
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were in Jakarta and chose to stay at the Mandarin Oriental. The hotel was beautiful and our room was nicely furnished, it also came with a great view of the city. The part that sets this hotel apart from many others was its excellent staff. We enjoyed superb hospitality right from the airport. It is amazing that the staff anticipated our needs, and they were very attentive. For example, my wife folded a page in a book she was reading and went shopping. When we came back, the folded page had a beautiful MO bookmark in place :-)

We have always loved MO and will definitely stay with MO the next time we are back! Thank you guys, for making our Jakarta visit such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Gerald G
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I found the hotel service extremely well. We were being upgraded to a junior suite with minimal addition charges. The food at the executive lounge was well served.
The room was perfectly equipped and the size of bathroom was exceptionally good.
The masseuse who came to our room was excellent. We enjoyed very much the stay at Mandarin Oriental and would definitely come back again next time when we visit Jakarta

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy K
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Very friendly welcome and extremely attentive and polite staff through the visit.
We stayed at the hotel for the weekend. The reason we choose Mandarin Oriental, while a lot luxury hotel in Jakarta, that because in general the new hotel today, room size is smaller with the standards as compared to the size of the room in Mandarin Oriental.
Although relatively old hotel, but well maintained. Lovely big room, comfortable bed, huge bathroom.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LuckyNana168
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Superb hotel with a superb staff providing top notch hospitality. I stayed 2 nights at MO Jakarta and it was magnificent. I was given a superb service right from the airport. I would say MO Jakarta "family" holds a true legendary hospitality. They are ever ready to serve you with their excellent service without being intrusive at all. Had all the privacy I would need but with a staff ever ready to attend within a smile away. Return to MO Jakarta? Definitely! Visit another Mandarin Oriental? Of course! I am now your true "fan".

• Stayed: April 2014