In terms of luxury hotels, the Mandarin can seem fairly average and it is certainly not the best in Jakarta.
Having said that, it must be noted that people like Henry Kissinger have stayed here in the past.
The hotel has seen a lot of changes in terms of decor, but, as a tower block, there is a limit to how attractive it can be made.
Rooms vary in quality and some of the cheaper ones may seem a little disappointing.
However, you will find the expensive suites are good.
My favourite part of the hotel is by the swimming pool.
And yet, the pool at the Mandarin is not as spectacular as those at certain other luxury hotels.
I have never been greatly impressed by the food at the Mandarin.
All three main restaurants seem to lack 'class'.
The Mo bar may occasionally be visited by some retired general, but it lacks the atmosphere of other top night spots.
The Mandarin is a bit 'chilly Chinese' rather than 'sunny Sundanese'.
The Mandarin is very central.
However, I have always preferred the greener and more friendly parts of Jakarta away from the centre's heavy traffic.
If you are a tourist, I would advise travelling to the outskirts of the city and taking a walk through the fields and kampungs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the warmth of Indonesian hospitality and the levels of service for which Mandarin Oriental is renowned, Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta offers exemplary personalised service in luxurious surroundings. Located in the heart of the city, the hotel is an oasis of 21st-century luxury with 272 spacious guest rooms, including 24 suites and a variety of award-winning restaurants and bar concepts, which become the meeting place of choice for hotel guests and the local community. The state-of-the-art meeting and banqueting facilities also provide the best venues for both business and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Mandarin Jakarta
- Jakarta Mandarin Oriental