With its centrally located in prestigious Thamrin street with two upscale malls within walking distance, this hotel is truly little gem and a 5 stars in service. This is one of the original hotels in the area; however they did a complete renovation back in 2008-2009 to be more competitive and in-line with the rest of 5 stars hotels in the area. And they did a great job in doing that. The 47 sqm room felt a lot bigger even with all the furniture in it. It has modern touch and very well decorated. The bedding and comforter would not let you out of the bed – they’re so comfy. The location of the toilet that’s far from the shower and bathtub a little bit strange for me, though.
But overall we had a fabulous stay at this hotel. When we were there, we got upgraded to a deluxe room on the 26th floor overlooking the famous HI roundabout. What a nice view to look at after dark with all the sparkling lights.
Fresh towel and welcome drinks were offered while checking in – very handy especially after a long flight. All staffs seemed ready to lend a hand. From doormen, concierge, to securities, they all willing to help and greet you with smile.
The lobby, however is very small and they don’t have enough chairs or sofas. So if you wanna meet up with friends you need to go upstairs just outside the MO bar.
The hotel offers the most impressive and extensive breakfast buffet. It’s one the best in Jakarta. I believe that MO is only hotel in Jakarta offers steak ala minute for breakfast and that is something else. And not to mention the Mandarin cake shop where you can order mascarpone or Hazelnut Daquois for your afternoon tea. They are right when they say ‘try to resist’ – just can’t.
If you stay there on the weekends, they will have a shuttle from the hotel to Grand Indonesia or Plaza Indonesia malls vice versa. And the shuttle is Mercedes Benz Silver Bird taxi. Fancy, eh …?
This is definitely one of our favorite hotels in Jakarta and already made a plan to go back next year. Keep up the great work MO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the warmth of Indonesian hospitality and the levels of service for which Mandarin Oriental is renowned, Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta offers exemplary personalised service in luxurious surroundings. Located in the heart of the city, the hotel is an oasis of 21st-century luxury with 272 spacious guest rooms, including 24 suites and a variety of award-winning restaurants and bar concepts, which become the meeting place of choice for hotel guests and the local community. The state-of-the-art meeting and banqueting facilities also provide the best venues for both business and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Mandarin Jakarta
- Jakarta Mandarin Oriental