Mandarin Oriental Jakarta
Focus Hotel(Jakarta)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,352 results
All reviewscinnamon restaurantwalk in closetthe club loungechinese restaurantluxury hotelexcellent hotelother hotelsbusiness triprain showergrand indonesiarooms are largegreat roombreakfast buffetbusiness hotelsuperior roomwelcome drinkfront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Dear MO Manager,
I just wanted to take a moment before too long after my stay at the Mandarin-Jakarta to tell you how consistently impressed I have been with your facility, but more than that, with your exceptional staff. I discovered your hotel last November and have been back twice and from that moment on you have captivated and spoiled me toward every other hotel I stay in.
Your goal, I know, is to “delight” all guests, and I feel you accomplish this with every exchange, every greeting, every smile, no matter how seemingly insignificant, with each employee. I existed in the temporary illusion that I really am a special guest. The staff in the morning greeting me in Cinnamon and their attention throughout the meal is nicely understated and the food varieties and freshness notable and appreciated. A special mention needs to go to your Fitness/Spa center staff. Having a modest workout after very long flights from Washington, followed by a massage is only recently something I’ve begun to anticipate, being new to the whole spa culture. Your spa staff have completely converted me. They’re all professional and caring, up-beat in personalities and have enough English to carry on a conversation (though I know this isn’t important to most people during such therapies, it is to me). They’re important assets within the larger hotel experience, coming as they do at critical moments, like the recovery from travelling half way around the world, and I assure you they are worth their weight in gold.
I have been lucky enough to have had Deluxe rooms and Club access, which of course helps ensure the level of delight I’ve experienced. But everything is impressively tasteful in the Jakarta Mandarin yet efficient for my purposes, leaving few questions to ask or annoyances to suffer. All of this is assured by the gentle and wonderful staff members ready to help at any moment. Congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment, the Mandarin Oriental Jakarta.

Room Tip: Consider the relative cost of extraordinary comfort of an upgrade to Deluxe.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nvmcvep
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great view, great room, great service! Especially love the breakfast spread buffet. However, this trip was a bad one due to the rain and flood.

That's why lots of time were spend in the room. I enjoy the Tv programs and hotel gym and spa within. Service from staff is sincere and prompt.

However, the wi fi signal is weak.

Room Tip: Great Spa and massage!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I got in late evening a flight and after work with a throbbing headache, the front office staffs were very friendly, cold welcome towel was fantastic. I requested for some Aspirin for my headache, the lady at the reception seems genuinely concerned and accompanied me to show my room and said “I hope you will feel well sir” before she left. A few minutes passed and the door bell rang with room service with my Aspirin daintily wrapped in an envelop. Fantastic service, warm and welcoming staff, got even upgraded to an executive deluxe which was over 500 squire foot, two 46” LCD’s, separate lounge and a bathroom to die for!

Room Tip: Get an upgrade to an executive delux if you can, the bath is fantastic!
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We spent two weeks at this hotel in Jakarta, and really loved it. The rooms were large and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The Executive Club option really made it feel like home, as they provided free breakfast, free drinks and nice appetizers at night, and a place to work in the afternoon. It is conveniently located, near two huge malls. It made being in Jakarta tolerable...

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was in Jakarta for business recently and was stuck at this hotel during a flood. How lucky. Everything in this hotel is amazing. The rooms, the service and the food were all excellent. Additionally, the hotel gym and the spa are both top-notch. Even though I missed every meeting I was scheduled to attend - well - I had a wonderful time. Here is an example of an amazing service feature: when I arrived, I did not have to check in, but was whisked to my room by the valet/butler/whatever and my paperwork had been prepared - all I had to do was sign.

The bomb.