This was my first time at this hotel, and it was a perfect stay – from start to the very finish. While there are now many luxury hotels in Jakarta and I’ve stayed at several, I feel that the Mandarin Oriental is a cut above the rest and I'd go so far as to say that it provided me with the best experience at ANY hotel in a long time.
The email that I sent to reserve a room was answered within an hour, and subsequent requests (high floor with city view, type of bed, etc) had all been seen to upon my arrival. The staff at the hotel are all without exception warm and friendly – they address you by name and go out of their way to address your every request. While most good hotels provide this, the difference is that you can feel that staff here are genuinely interested in wanting to make your stay as perfect as possible, and will do anything possible to that end. I was also surprised that the staff were happy to take a moment off their tasks to have informal chats with me, and to give tips on the best places to go for meals, nightlife, etc.
Rooms are large and well laid-out, and give an inviting feel. They come with light sensors and closets that can actually fit large suitcases. The bed is wonderful - really comfortable sheets and good support, giving me a very good sleep. I feel that it’s the little touches that make this hotel stand out: receptionists who personally bring you to your room and to your taxi (check out); giving you more bottled water and toiletries than you need; providing large daily portions of fruit in the room; coming around to ask if you’d like more wine in the club lounge (benefits for certain room types only),…
The breakfast selection is more than adequate, and while I wouldn’t say there’s more variety than at other places, the food here is of good quality and generally well-prepared.
The only drawback of this hotel is that it’s not immediately adjacent to any malls. Grand Indonesia and Plaza Indonesia are directly across the road, but you need to walk about 10 minutes and use an overhead bridge to get to them. The hotel provides a shuttle service, but there’s a schedule and you need to book the service in advance.
However, that’s a minor issue, and shouldn’t detract from the fact that this is a splendid hotel, and definitely my new favourite in Jakarta. I will be back very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the warmth of Indonesian hospitality and the levels of service for which Mandarin Oriental is renowned, Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta offers exemplary personalised service in luxurious surroundings. Located in the heart of the city, the hotel is an oasis of 21st-century luxury with 272 spacious guest rooms, including 24 suites and a variety of award-winning restaurants and bar concepts, which become the meeting place of choice for hotel guests and the local community. The state-of-the-art meeting and banqueting facilities also provide the best venues for both business and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Mandarin Jakarta
- Jakarta Mandarin Oriental