“one of the best business hotels”

Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta
Ranked #8 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore, Singapore
“one of the best business hotels”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

It is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Every aspect is taken care off, staff are excellent and motivated. Location is the best in Jakarta, right across 2 beautiful malls (if you dare cross the road its a 5 min walk)

Room Tip: choose close to the lift as some rooms are quite far from the lift
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
South Lake Tahoe, California
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Arriving late at night after long flights, it was a pleasure to arrive at the Mandarin. A warm welcome by hotel staff, calm background music and orange/ginger-scented cool air greeted me on the way to a lovely, spacious room overlooking the city. More soft music in here, bed turned down and soft towels, a robe and slippers upon exiting the marble rain shower set the stage for good night's sleep on a very comfortable bed. The rooms were quiet even with the busy traffic below. Morning workouts in the gym and attending the yoga classes by the pool were great way to start the day. All of the amenities offered by the Club were well worth the price - delicious breakfasts, wi-fi access in room and club, meeting room for our team, and handy afternoon tea/evening hors d'oeuvres. Staff throughout the hotel were very gracious with sincere greetings and kind assistance whenever requested. Check-in/out was easy and fast. Silver Bird taxis on-site were clean, comfortable, safe and helpful in getting around town. A mall is directly across the street for ATMs/shopping/food, although navigating there on foot can be a little challenging with traffic and limited crossings. The Mandarin was a great place to meet with colleagues and get work done, while also finding time for some exercise and good meals.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I was just impressed! No complaints.

It seemed that everyone in the hotel knew our names. Impressive when we would walk down to breakfast and they would welcome us by name! We traveled with our 5-month old and all the staff played with her, and made it very easy to have her with us at breakfast.

We were upgraded, so I am not sure what size room we ended up with, but the bed was amazing, the bathroom with sunken bathtub and shower was exquisite.

I was able to get a massage one of the days there and it was exactly what I needed! A 30-minute scrub and 60 minute massage all for about $40US!

We tried the Chinese Restaurant, the French restaurant, room service and the breakfast buffet. Amazing. Great value.

We booked our taxi through the hotel which was then through Silver Bird taxi service. Perfect.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Everything is just perfect apart from that it is in Jakarta.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This is such a luxurious property - and while slightly over what my company's top allowable price, I paid extra to stay there. The rooms were amazing, food (especially breakfast) was amazing. The restaurants are a bit pricey, but it is a luxury hotel. Everyone knew my name without me even telling them, which I could never sort out, but it was appreciated all the same. Very friendly staff and were willing to help, even when I left my glasses in the room after check out. The bar was a bit naff - looked like it hadn't been updated since the 80s, but was enjoyable enough. Hope I get to stay here again one day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I have now stayed in the Mandarin Oriental Jakarta twice. Once in Dec 2011 and again in January 2012 - on both occasions for one night only. As I have only stayed for a single night on each occasion, I have not used all the facilities such as the pool. However, I would note simply that they look in excellent condition. The rooms are excellent. On my first occasion I was upgraded to suite which was every bit Mandarin!! The second occasion I stayed in a deluxe room which, although smaller, was still MORE than ample for my stay. The bed was incredibly comfortable and I love the "night light" facility which meant finding the WC during the night didn't involve bumping into anything!

The service from staff was excellent on both occasions - attentive and fast.

The breakfast was good (but not incredible) and catered to a mix of western and asia tastes. I ordered poached eggs which came perfectly cooked, so I can't really complain!

All in all, an excellent experience and will probably continue to stay there when I am next in Jakarta.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2012

From previous reviews you will know that I am a fan of the Mandarin Oriental hotel group and this is my first visit to the Jakarta property. This was just a quick overnight stay and given it was a short stay with not much opportunity to use the hotel fully (such as the spa and restaurant), but still an opportunity to describe the service and the room. I did not order a car through the hotel at the airport, as my company has a car service which we use, but the Mandarin representative did make an effort to greet me at the airport and offer me a drink, check that my room preferences were correct to prepare for my arrival and offered me a soft drink for the journey. On arrival the check-in was slick and professional and they immediately make a connection by using your name. I was then escorted swiftly up to the room to relax for the night. I couldn't resist soaking in the bath before heading to bed - lovely large round bath and not too big to lie in - you could also watch the news from the bathroom (TV in the bedroom, with normal sound in the bathroom). The layout reminded me of Hong Kong. Bed was so comfy and despite the hotel being close to a busy roundabout it was an undisturbed sleep. Breakfast there was a good variety - I originally planned on having some scrambled eggs, but the one's I was offered looked very dry, so I decided to pass and had some other cooked items such as mushrooms and tomato. I felt there could have been a greater variety of fruit for the number of people in the restaurant. Coffee and OJ was good. Then after packing my bag heading for check out which again was friendly and efficient and they immediately arranged a taxi to take me to the office. They were very thoughtful to check that I had local currency to pay the taxi, as well as reminding me about the departure tax when you leave the airport. These are the added value that I am sure many hotels don't even think of mentioning. Overall quick stay, slick friendly service and I look forward to returning again soon for a little longer.