“5+++ for the staff and the lounge”

JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #12 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is an excellent hotel with amazing service. We stayed here for 5 nights and had a wonderful time. We travel frequently in SE Asia and often stay at JW Marriott or similar type hotels. With that in mind, the Jakarta JW Marriott really impressed us with a level of service that was a cut above similar hotels.

This was my 10th trip to Jakarta, but the first time that I stayed at the JW Marriott. I will choose to stay there with all future trips. Even though it is a large hotel (with many amenities), the staff made my wife and I feel like we were staying in a small, intimate boutique hotel. We were greeted by name throughout the hotel (not just when entering the Club Lounge, but at elevators, hallways….by cleaning staff, in addition to managers). Everyone was SO friendly. The Club Lounge is large, has excellent food, and a top-notch staff.

My original concern with the hotel was the location. The past couple of years, road construction made it difficult to access the hotel. But, the construction is finished (Jakarta traffic is still slow, so access is not speedy). Furthermore, my wife loved the location for the shopping options while I was working. You can easily access high-end, or low-end, local shops within walking distance.

JW Marriott Hotels are always nice hotels… but the Jakarta JW is one of the best!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Charity_Pradiptarini, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed and fantastic review of your experience staying with us during your recent visit to Jakarta. We are thrilled to learn such high remarks of our services particularly on the area you mentioned in this review and for earning your trust as your preferred hotel in Jakarta. It is always great to know that the warm hospitality that we provided could make your stay an excellent one.

We appreciate your time and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in Jakarta.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I and my wife stayed at this hotel to enjoy our small honeymoon.
The location is in the city center of Jakarta and near to many shopping malls.
The breakfast is so delicious with many variety of food, tradional and foreign food.
Unique experience, swimming in the middle of high building.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very Pleasant stay at JW Marriot in Jakarta. Went there for a business trip and stayed 3 nights. They have a very large buffet breakfast and definitely have good options for vegetarians also. Staff is really helpful and always serve with a smile.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2014

No complain at all for the hotel, nice staff , clean room, many kind of food at breakfast, like all the thing, just one thing dissapointed me, that i must use driver to Jakarta, he always complaining about the place for the driver below. Very different with other same level hotel. He always stay in other hotel, and other hotel give attention very much to the need of the driver as waiting room, the televison, the bathroom etc. Hope it will better...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TriBandung_Indonesia
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed for 6 nights for a business conference held last week. I stayed on the 20th floor and the house keeping is great. They gave me a pair of pink slippers and a bookmark for my book. It's these little things that made the stay great. However, the experience at the executive lounge was disappointing.

My superior bought us to the lounge. There were 5 of us in total. The staff told my superior that he will be charged for the drinks that we had and he is only allowed one guest. So we all sat down & enquired with the staff as there are 3 of us that stayed on the Executive floor. But still, our drinks have to be charged as we don't have access to the lounge. IMO, I think it's a subtle case of discrimination due to the attire... The 5 of us are all dressed down while the rest of the guests there are all decked in business attire.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there last weekend, and basically I always love to get upgraded everytime I stay some hotels, and mostly they will be very pleased to give me complimentary upgrade, but in this hotel, they said the hotel was full , and actually minus, that's why they can't upgrade us, that's what they said, but in the same time, they said if i'm willing to pay more, then they will try to see smthng available, hmmm ??? Anyway ... Good location yes, hotel design just the standard marriott , pool a bit poor lack of seats for sure , anyway In my opinion, overall the hotel was ok, not bad, but definitely nothing special to woww me

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Herman_wang
Charity_Pradiptarini, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Respected Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent experience at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta. We appreciate your feedback especially about our room upgrade and swimming pool facility. As it was mentioned by one of our Guest Service Attendants, unfortunately our occupancy level last weekend was quite high, and only premium suites were available at that time. We have noted both of your feedback, which is very beneficial to improve our services in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments, and we do hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Up front – I’ve always avoided the JW Marriott Jakarta because of the security concerns – but I decided to give it a try on a short-notice visit where my usual hotel choices were already full. It didn’t disappoint. Security is reassuringly tight, the rooms are very nice, the coffee shop is good, the room-service menu is extensive (and good for veggies) and the surrounding area (including Oakwood Mall) is also good for casual dining. I would certainly stay there again on another visit to that area of Jakarta.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Charity_Pradiptarini, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind remarks on services at JW Marriott Jakarta. It is fantastic to know we are able to regain your trust to stay in our hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted with services we provided including food & beverage quality.

Once again, thank you for staying with us, and look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.