“Nice but showing its age!”

JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #12 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Paris, France
“Nice but showing its age!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Spent a couple of nights here on business. The hotel is really nice in a classic 5* way. The staff were faultless and the breakfast was excellent. Security is very tight but that is expected when you look at the hotels past. The rooms are also nice and big however they are starting to look a bit dated. one negative is that the 24hr gym actually closes at 11pm so no late night runs for those fitness nightowls!

Still would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Charity_Pradiptarini, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Respected Guest,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent business trip in Jakarta. We appreciate your kind understanding on our detailed security procedure. As you may have noticed during your stay that it is our top priority to keep our guests and associates safe while at all times.

With regards of late night access to our health club, we do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and for our failure in informing you on how to access our gym after the operation hours (11 pm). On your next stay, we would like to suggest you to contact our Duty Manager or dial At Your Service from your room telephone to access the gym after hours and they would be more than happy to accommodate your late night run routine.

Should you have any future inquiry, please don’t hesitate to contact us at mhrs.jktjw.marcomm.exec@marriotthotels.com or at +6221 5798 8888. Again, we appreciate your time and excellent feedback. We look forward to your next visit in the near future.

The Management of JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Best value hotel in the business area.
nice gym & spa, but the pool too small.
nice restaurant and good food.
excellent service from the staff.
room was very nice and has good view.
If u stayed at this hotel, i recommend to try a fine wine at the blu martini lounge, love it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Charity_Pradiptarini, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on services at our hotel especially on the hotel’s strategic location, gym & spa as well as our restaurants. It is always rewarding to hear such nice remarks from our satisfied guests like you. We are glad to know that you had an excellent stay with us, and we look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here for a night on business trip. Upon entrance you'll be checked numerous including all your luggage, security is a little annoying and it takes a while to pass through everything. The room itself is spacious, and truly a 5-star rating. The buffet breakfast has a varied dishes Western or Asian dishes, I love the Chine and Japanese best. The restaurant has a nice view of the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Respected Guest,

Thank you for sharing such positive reviews of our hotel and for staying at our hotel during your recent business trip to Jakarta. We are glad to know that you had a great stay with us and pleased with our services particularly on the overall food quality as well as room amenities. With regards of our security procedure, we do apologize for the long delay and any inconvenience you experienced. Our Loss Prevention team is well informed of your feedback, and they are working hard to make the process much smoother.

Once again, we appreciate your time and visit, look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Jakarta.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Amazing location, nice restaurants, beautiful room and gorgeous food.
I just hav complaint regarding the pool, which is quite small n located badly.
Room n services were quite good, I had gone to celebrate my birthday they did very nice arrangements on demand.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is d best choice !!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Honored Guest,

Thank you for writing such an excellent review of JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta. It is very gratifying to know that we could make your Birthday celebration remarkable and weekend stay a fantastic one. We appreciate your time and look forward to your next visit soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you want reliability after a hard day in the Jakarta traffic you can rely on the JW Marriott.

Excellent service and great rooms i can even get great broadband speed here!

Cool gym and great spa (massages are especially good), good food - i recommend the executive club floor package if you have the time to enjoy it!

It may be looking a little old and needs some contemporary touches brought to it but in a city like Jakarta it's a breath of fresh air for reliability and comfort! Rooms are spacious and bathrooms are too, great place to stay to do business in Jakarta.

Room Tip: Executive club lounge rooms/packages (you can upgrade on arrival and it's very good value!)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Charity_Pradiptarini, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing such positive reviews on our hotel. We are pleased to know that you had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed the services at our health club, spa as well as our executive lounge. I will be sure to pass on your excellent remarks to our associates of the respective team.

Once again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

All just fine, only the security procedures at the entrance gate was annoying. Because of the metal detector they are using, everytime I step in trough the gate it kept detect something metal I brought with and of course because I am wearing a metal buckle belt. And after that, one of the guard asked me to stand up and spread my leg and hands up and curiosly using their metal detector again trying to find out something in my body. So annoying.. I know they have been hit by bomb 2 times. But I think the security procedures they applied is over reacting specially with that kind of metal detector. They should use bomb detector instead.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Respected Guest,

Thank you sharing a valuable feedback on our services especially regarding our security procedure. We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during the hotel’s security check. I have informed our Loss & Prevention team as it will help us to make the process more convenience for our guests. On the other hand, the safety of our associates and guests like you is our main priority, so we do hope you could understand it.

Once again, we appreciate your thoughts and feedback. We look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Shanghai
Reviewed August 9, 2013

stayed here 6 days with my family. The website states they have a "JW Kids Club" where you can drop your lil ones for some "me time". When receiving my regular "We are looking forward having you!"-Mail, I asked about the Kids Club. How when what etc... No reply. When I booked, I requested a baby crib. I didnt get a reply and when I asked there, I was told they dont have a Kids-Club. If i'd have known that I wouldnt have booked the Hotel to be honest... Also, I got a crib only upon requesting 2 times after arrival. Breakfast is always included in the room rate but when I arrived, I was told that this doesnt count for me since I am "paying" with my Marriott-Points. I know this might be crying on a very high level but all of these things arent what I am used from other JW Marriotts...
The rooms are quite large in size and properly furnished. A bit dated though... The pool is REALLY small. But its OK since nobody is swimming there anyways. Its always in the shade so water is really, really cold. Not refreshing. COLD!
Service staff is friendly and helpful, only downer is that I have to take out my laptop at the Security. Sure, Indonesia, Terror, safety first... If they scan my Bag, fine: costs me 20 seconds MAX. But taking out my laptop is just nonsense... Honestly: Not sure if I will be back in this Hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charity_Pradiptarini, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing thoughtful feedback. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel particularly on some accommodations for your children and breakfast arrangement. Our team has taken a good note of your feedback, as it will help us to improve our service in the future. Regarding JW Kids Club, we are very sorry for the confusion as the kids club is now only available during the Sunday Brunch at Sailendra Restaurant, we are currently updating the information on our website.

We do hope to have the chance to regain your trust and to better serve the next time you are in Jakarta. We appreciate your time and please don’t hesitate to contact us at mhrs.jktjw.marcomm.exec@marriotthotels.com with any inquiry you may have.