“A good location but busy traffic.”
Review of Ibis Jakarta Slipi

Ibis Jakarta Slipi
Ranked #108 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
A TripAdvisor Member
Jakarta - Indonesia
Reviewed February 6, 2011

The location is great, easy to be accessed but traffic is quite busy, even up to nite.
Recommended for leasure as it is close to Shopping Malls but also suitable for business as it is close to office complexes.
So, great to stay in, thanks.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo

An Accor traveler
Singapore
Reviewed January 22, 2011

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Our arrival at this hotel began with the main part of our problem. Before booking, we noticed that you had to arrive before a certain time or your reservation would be cancelled. We called the hotel to explain our situation (that we would be arriving late, between 1 to 2 am), and the employee on the phone promised that it would be no problem and that they would email us to confirm after booking. With this promise, we went ahead and booked through the hotel's website as we found the cheapest price there. A day away from our trip, we had not received an email from the hotel, so we called to remind them that we would be arriving late and asked if we needed to do anything else to make sure our reservation was not cancelled when we arrived. They gave us a new confirmation number, promised that they would note it, and that we would have no issues.
Upon arrival, however, the employee at the desk rudely informed us that our reservation had been cancelled since we had not shown up by the set time and that no rooms were available. We tried to tell the desk attendant our new confirmation number, yet he insisted that no note had been added. After arguing, he grudgingly agreed to put us in a smoking room with twin beds, when we had requested a queen. Finally, he conceded that there was a queen left, but in a smoking room.
I will concede that this part is my fault as we did not explicitly request a non smoking room, yet when booking there was not a choice to do so. I had stupidly assumed that all rooms were non smoking as it was not specified during the booking process. If booking, ensure to request a non smoking room if that is what you want.
When arriving in the room, it smelled strongly of smoke, and I could not wait to get out of there as soon as possible the next morning. Besides the odor, there were no explicit problems with the room itself, despite being incredibly overpriced for the room and service which we received. If our flight had landed earlier, we absolutely would have left and found a new hotel immediately. Luckily, we only had to spend one night here.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AshLily3888
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Stayed in Ibis Slipi for 9 nights and it was just one thing after another. First the hotel didn't keep my booking because of some miscommunication on my office admin's part. Ok so it's not the hotel's fault but checking in was a pain. I agreed to a higher priced room, they took my passport and credit card details, told me I had to wait, I said fine, then ...... nothing. The girl disappeared without giving me a key card, a printout or anything. Stood there for 20 min for the girl to come back but she didn't. So I asked another guy that was standing there what was going on and believe it or not, he wanted me to go through the whole process, passport, credit card and all! Anyway after slowly explaining to him that I should have been given a room already, he checked around him and found my details somewhere, assigned me a room. I asked him if I could book the coparate rate room 2 days later when he was available, he said I could as long as I was willing to change room, which was fine with me. After 2 nights, I changed room to the corporate rate room (which wasn't really different except it didn't have an intranet port). But the weird thing is the next day someone came to my room to ask if I was extending my stay. I explained to him that I was staying another 6 nights. And the next day, another guy knocked on my door asking me the same thing, annoying the hell out of me. Nothing really happened after that until I checked out. As I expected, the first 2 nights would be higher since they gave me the business deluxe whatever room. And the price should be back to the standard corporate rate, right? Wrong. The prices varied over the course of the week. I tried to figure it out, thinking that it could be weekend prices or something, but it was more expensive during the weekdays! I asked for an explaination, but the check out guy told me that he needed to ask the guy that checked me in and the guy that changed me to the corporate rate room, both of course were unavailable at that time. So they swapped my credit card and told me that they wouldn't charge my card until they sorted it out (and of course I believed them), and I innocently flew home. A few days later, the hotel sent me my receipt with the original quoted price as the check out time. Wrote an email asking about this and this duty manager Mr Rahmat replied saying that the prices fluctuates based on the demand and hotel occupancy. Huh? Does that mean the hotel should report the capacity of the hotel to the staying guests everyday so that we will know the rate for that day? Senseless, complicated and frustrating. My continued emails have been ignored of course. After all, they've got their money.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank phileyx
A TripAdvisor Member
North Sydney
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I've stayed at Ibis Slipi many, many times! Jakarta can be a very frustrating place to travel around in. The time waste in traffic jams to travel such a short distance is something to be experienced. There are malls and office scattered to the four corners of the city, then add the drive to the airport!

After over ten years of moving around Jakarta, Ibis Slipi has proven time and time again to be one of the best situated places in Jakarta! I won't provide travel timings as they are as whimsical as trying to predict how long a glass of beer will take to drink on a hot summers day!

Suffice to say, the hotel is clean and tidy, rooms are all you really need if you are intending to travel to experience a country, and the hotel you are staying in a country. The staff are friendly and helpful, and there is wifi internet on every floor as at my last stay.

Food is great, pool will do in a pinch and there is always an abundance of taxis to take you to where ever you need to go. It is also perfectly situated along the toll road from the airport! And for the unseasoned traveller, there is a back alley entrance to the hotel to save you going around a long way to the turn around point on the main road.

I won't stay anywhere else when I am in Jakarta. Not that I can't afford it, but because I believe my time is more important than bragging that I'm staying in a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Me and my wife just arrived in Jakarta, and waiting for our next flight to Surabaya on the next day. We did quick browse from our mobile and found Ibis Slipi located not too far to the airport but not too far to downtown either. It's a perfect location for you if you are a traveler with your scheduled flight, you can do a quick sightseeing in downtown and get back to your hotel in a same direction to the airport, I find this hotel very practical and convenient.

We made a reservation by phone, it was during the weekend (Saturday night), the hotel was fully book, but they still managed to get us one room. We are booked in Superior room, cost about $61, GOOD VALUE for your money. As soon as we get there, the check-in process takes quite long for a jet-lag traveler like us, the receptionist hold us about 20 minutes for checking us in, anyway it was such a busy afternoon and the hotel is fully booked, so its forgiven.

We found our room in a great shape, clean, no smell of cigarette, the aircon works good, the bathroom is clean, and I really like the window curtain in my room, it is perfectly block the sunshine and when I shut the curtain, the room is completely dark. The hotel is quiet and good to for sleep. Room service is a little slow. The Foods and Breakfast Buffet was okay with Indonesian and not too many options of western foods.

Overall, it's a good business hotel to stay.

PS: they don't provide you with sleepers, so mind to bring your own. LOL
No hairdryer
only two bottles of mineral water per/day
No mini fridge
Lousy public transport in the vicinity to the downtown - Ride a taxi meter! Blue Bird
Taxi!
No basement elevator to the lobby, so if you bring your own car, mind to walk the
stairs from the basement parking lot all the way up to the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Disappointed at everything in this hotel...
First and last time I will be stay at Ibis Slipi. The rooms were dirty, the service was bad, and the rooms were small.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family