“Great stay especially for business purposes”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ibis Jakarta Slipi

Ibis Jakarta Slipi
Ranked #96 of 460 Hotels in Jakarta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Ibis is always my primary option when I am on business trip. They always offer free wifi and delicious breakfast. I was sleep here to celebrate new year eve. Everything was okay until we check out. The staff look slow to handle customer check out. We are in line before 12 PM. And when we meet the reception is over 12 PM. The hotel charging us 50% because we late to check out. Even only a few minutes. Hmmmm .... the reception says it the system. Automatic.

I am very disappointed on this, after that I never use the Ibis hotel network until now. You can track my review on that. System is good, but we are human, and if the staff slow process the check out that will be our mistake ? :) If you check the score, I will give them average point. But sometimes not only standart quality that we need, We need also personal service. Because its a hospitality industries not a fast food industries I think.

Room Tip: choose the room right side for better city light views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andryanto e
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

As a frequent visitor of Jakarta I stayed several times in Ibis Slipi. Five years ago I promised myself never to get back to this hotel because of low quality of food and service. BUT: My travel agent made a mistake and booked a room for me in Ibis Slipi. With very negative feelings I entered this hotel. What a surprise. The handling at the front-desk was very friendly and professional. After I learned that my room was nice and clean, I had a better feeling already.Had my diner in the evening in the hotel and was surprised again over the quatity of the food and the good service. The breakfast buffed had everything you can expect, it was good organized and the waitresses were very helpful. So my advice now: if you must be in the surrounding of Slipi, go Ibis.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the frontside of the hotel. At the back the mosque will call you very loud and cle...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IbisJakartaSlipi, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Slipi, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Dehaan 1945,

Thank you for your time to provide important feedback on your recent stay at the hotel.

It is rewarding to hear that the team were able to respond to your customer service requirements in a manner that meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,
ibis Jakarta Slipi
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Rooms are relatively clean and spacious. Air-conditioner thermometer seems off and room was extremely cold. Only way to control temperature was to continually switch aircon on and off. We asked for an extra blanket and were told they didn't have any extras. That was a fail in terms of customer service. Otherwise, the location suited our purpose, the rates are reasonable, lots of hot water and good water pressure in the shower. Breakfast selection ok. Wi-fi available but connection and speed patchy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisJakartaSlipi, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Slipi, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Hi Scoot69

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am so sorry we weren'y able to supply you with a blanket during your stay. Our AC system has just had a complete overhaul during the Ramadhan period and unfortunately the adjustment caused one floor to experience very low temperatures. Our engineering team has been working on this all week and finally we have been able to regulate the system. We do actually have blankets for the rare occasion when a guest wants that extra layer but due to the extra demand (especially that day) we completely ran out. I have asked the Executive Housekeeper to automatically send an extra duvet if this ever occurs again.

For the internet - We have been battling with the lack of internet infrastructure in Jakarta for some months now. We have appointed a new supplier since the month of May and the changeover has been completed this week. I am sure you will be more than satisfied with the extra bandwidth and connectivity in general during your next stay. Just to be sure, for your next reservation, let us know so I can personally check the signal before your arrival.

Thanks again Scoot69 for your valuable comments and we look forward to seeing you back with us very soon.

Best regards

Phil J. REID
ibis Jakarta Slipi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

1) Front Office - extremely slow response to guest request. I booked the rooms via the local travel agent. Upon checking in, it takes nearly 20min as was informed that the rooms was not ready yet. We took up 5 rooms... However, I was then informed that they do not have sufficient twin bedding despite the request has been confirmed by travel agent. Worst still, we were given the rooms all scatteredly - different floors despite we went in a group of family. The staff is also less attentive.

2) Rooms - small room with outdated setup. Perhaps, it"s time for some refurbishment. It's ok for a night sleep but don't expect much. Additionally, the drainage of the shower emits a very strong stinky smell... This is definitely giving a very bad impression to the guest. Do not expect some kind of basic facility in the bedroom, eg. ironing board. Good point is that it does provides quite a number of TV channels and free wifi in the room.

3) Location - in the middle of no where. You certainly need to rely on public cab to get out from the hotel. You may access to the nearest mall, Raman Anggerik at a reasonable price of between 20,000 - 30,000rupiah.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank IreneSoo
Dear IreneSoo,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback of your recent stay at ibis Jakarta Slipi. We very much regret that we failed to meet your expectations during the time of your visit.

We are very concerned to read your review and would like to assure you that we take these matters very seriously.

We would like to explain about size of the room. Size of the room is standard for ibis hotel, but we have bigger room with different rate. You may ask our reception on your next visit.
About the ironing board. We do provide ironing board on 4th, 8th and 15th floor; or you may ask our Laundry staff to do the ironing for you.

We also would like to inform you that our hotel location is on the street and we have taxis standby at the hotel lobby.

Thank you again for your review, guest feedback is our greatest source of information. We would like assure you that your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to monitor and improve the quality and service standards for our guests. Thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in ibis Jakarta Slipi.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel location is in the middle of nowhere - there is no place to go once you arrive at the hotel unless you take a cab out or have a driver.

Staff are generally friendly but can be very (extremely) slow in responding to request.

Rooms are very small but generally clean - good enough for sleeping.. the room I stayed in has strong smell of smoke even in non-smoking room. The toilets are very small and are not very well-maintained. Drainage in the shower emits a stench (it's bearable but still stinky) during shower and water doesn't tend to drain off very well. The shower area will be flooded for abit after shower.

Request for iron/ ironing board are not entertained as they have an ironing room on level 8 which I find it ridiculous to have guests carry their clothing to do ironing.

Internet is crawling. wifi is free but I am not even able to load my emails on my laptop - It's better off getting a prepaid sim card and doing a hotspot from the phone. It's so much faster.

Breakfast food is not at all good. Once I spotted a baby cockroach roaming among the pastries and that puts me off breakfast altogether. The gym facility is not too bad though. Clean and bright (Glass panels). It's the only redeeming factor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear camscams,

About the ironing board. Yes we do provide ironing board on 4th, 8th and 15th floor as we do not have stock for the board; or you may ask our Laundry staff to do the ironing for you.
We also have asked our Engineer to check all drainage and shower and repair to avoid this happen again in the future.

We really pay a serious attention to the hygiene and cleanliness in the restaurant. However, if in the future you experience anything like this again I would urge you to contact myself or our Food & Beverage Manager and we will resolve the situation immediately.

goa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel is value for money and just a few miles away from the shopping centers . There are no frills attached and the service is quick. Another advantage is its connectivity to the international airport through highways.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ramchand1233,

We are pleased to note that you were satisfied with many aspects of your experience here at ibis Jakarta Slipi. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and fellow TripAdvisor readers. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.