“Comfortable hotel near Expo”
Review of Ibis Jakarta Slipi

Ibis Jakarta Slipi
Ranked #108 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed in the Ibis Slipi Jakarta for 3 nights when visiting the medical Expo. As Jakarta traffic is absolutely terrible we chose this hotel close to the Expo, about 15 minutes drive.
The hotel is like any Ibis all over the world, rooms not large but clean, bathroom the same. Staff friendly and efficiënt. Breakfast good, and there is a good restaurant for dinner. Shoppingcenter is not close, about 30 minutes.
Although the hotel is next to a main road there is no traffic noise.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have to attend some meeting until pass check out time. I asked the receptionist staff (by phone) whether she could help me with my check out schedule while I was still out.
She helped me by gave me extra 2 hours check out time with no hassle what so ever and I was surprise that the hotel didn't charge me at all for that extra hour.

Thanks Ibis Slipi Jakarta.

Rgds,
Ekko.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this cute hotel last month and my golly was I surprised!

My third trip to Indonesia as I like to go to Bali and I always stay one night in jakarta to enjoy a bit of shopping. I normally stay at the hotel near Taman Angreak Shopping centre but this time I was attracted by the shopping promotion at the hotel with free taxi and breakfast.

The hotel was an amazing surprise... Big hotel, lots of restaurants, great pool, a gym (didnt go there though :(....)

Rooms were really clean and the cleaner was a delight.. Wismoyo I think was the name.

Location is good but not quite as good as Taman Angreak but the taxi voucher was more than enough to get me too and from the shopping centre which is 10 minutes up the road.

Staff really really happy all the time.. even the manager who I think is American is always saying hi to the guests.

Strongly recommend this hotel and I will come back again.

Thanks Ibis Team.

See you in February 2013!

Room Tip: GO HIGH... the views are the greatest!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wendy H
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Positive points :
1.Cleanliness & Hotel Facilities.
Very clean, well function hotel facilities (amenities in the room, fitness, pool), compare to most of Jakarta hotels at the same price range.
2.Location
Situated on a main big road, easy access to other part of Jakarta, with Blue Bird (reliable) taxi in front of hotel.

Negative points :
1. Service --> Human Resource Quality
-- Long check-in and check-out.
No one take fast & properly action, considering a queue of clients, and 2 staffs just standing, doing nothing, just watching other 2 staffs working.
-- Long service at dinner in restaurant
Staff forget to bring food already ordered 30 minutes before (???) with NO APOLOGIZE.
-- Long service at breakfast.
Regardless have had asked politely hotel staff to refill empty dishes, still have to bring empty jar of fresh milk, myself, and have to wait, and finally gave up waiting for.

Note : at breakfast, I see an expat woman have to move all her plates by herself, due to her table-leg was broken.
After a while, a staff come in, but instead of taking out the table from the room (to repair it after), she put bunch of paper to "fill in the gap" as "table support" (???)

This hotel is very potential to be "the best choice to stay less than $100 in Jakarta"(West and Central), with a bald underline note; to improve the quality of its human resources that will impact significantly to Customer Service and Satisfaction

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank rennes_france
IbisJakartaSlipi, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Slipi, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear rennes_france

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

It is always a disappointment for me to see an satisfactory experience as we strive daily to impreve the level of services offered.

However its thanks to our guest responses that we can continue to closely monitor our hotel and make sure we are are focussing ion the right issues.

Just a few comments on your stay:

We have conducted a couple of thematic meetings to address the long wait period observed during your stay and I can safely say that all teams are working on the improvement of this particular issue and hopefully with the redesign of our public areas we will be able to adapt a few of the structural issues to help accelerate our service.

The Human Resources department is also currently working on our training plan for 2013 and due to your remarks we have made some adaptations in order to make sure that the friendliness of our team members continues to be paramount.

I hope we have the opportunity to meet at your next stay here at ibis Jakarta Slipi and you will be able to see for yourself that the correct measures have been taken to improve the guest experience.

Thank you again for your very informative review.

ibsi Jakarta Slipi

Reviewed October 10, 2012

everytime i visit my children in Jakarta, i always stay at ibis slipi
it is the best deal in Jakarta
i always recommend ibis slipi to my friends.
nice rooms, good service and easy access.
i just cannot remember how many times i stayed at ibis slipi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear d33k3y

Your comment is a pleasure to read and to share with the team. Thank you so much for your statement and review. We are happy you fully enjoyed your saty with at ibis Jakarta Slipi abd we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards

ibis Jakarta Slipi

Reviewed September 27, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a standard hotel for Ibis, not one of their best and not one of their worst. After waiting for 40 minutes for my luggage and with several calls to reception with them confirming it was on their way I went back downstairs and walked outside to where it was waiting unattended. Also some of the food items on the room service were not available.
Having said that these were minor complaints, the staff were friendly and the room was quiet and in a convenient location for me.I would not have a problem staying here agan but would probably check out other Accor options instead first.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Richard H

THank you for your feedback on your stay with us recently.

I am pleased you find our hotel to be convenient and the team freindly. We strive to improve our guest satisfaction every day and it is unfortunate to hear thaat you had some difficulties while you were with us.

I have spoken to our management team about your comments and we are currently working on these areas so as not to disappoint you on your next stay. Hopefully our F&B product will be changed by the time you return so hopefully you will not only have a full area of dishes available to you but will also enjoy a delicious meal :)

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

REgards