All reviews jalan sabang sarinah mall street food within walking distance ibis jakarta strategic location tanah abang short stay location is excellent decent size grand indonesia coffee machine stayed for nights easy access lobby area front office meeting room
Reviewed June 18, 2009

The Ibis Arcadia located along Jln KH Wahid Hasyim is definitely THE place to stay in Jakarta if you are:-
1) a budget traveller looking for value for money
2) the type who wants to stay in a place where many places are accessible
3) the type who loves a good breakfast provided by hotels!

Yes, Ibis Arcadia scores high marks in all these aspects. The room is very decent for the price you pay. In fact it looks very much like a 4 star hotel with its parquet flooring and nice beds. It is clean too. My only gripe is that there is no bidet/tap beside the toilet bowl to wash yourself after “doing ur business”.

Anyway, Ibis Arcadia is an associated Ibis hotel (whatever that means), and under the ACCOR chain of hotels. It’s better to book through the ACCOR official website as the rates would then be a guaranteed rate. The reception is also very friendly and could speak English (although its not an issue to me since I can understand Bahasa Indonesia).

Location: It is about a 30minutes drive from Soekarno Hatta International airport. Ibis Arcadia has a bluebird taxi booth outside the hotel so you have no problem at all shuttling around in a bluebird (the Bluebird brand is the most trusted and reliable taxi company in Indo). It is nearby Sarinah department store, also within a short distance from Jln Jend. Sudirman, also Plaza Indonesia, Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta...

Good breakfast: It is a wonderfully delicious spread...I don't have to say much...let the pics do the talking :) (I paid just about S$7 extra for the buffet breakfast)

Hopefully Ibis Arcadia maintains its standards...I will definitely stay there again if I return to JKT...

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Heryanti
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed June 11, 2009

An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Reviewed June 7, 2009

This is my 3rd time staying in the hotel within 1.5 years. I was there with my bestfriend for leisure. Rooms were well renovated from the last time we came in July 08. We had nice room. Good aircond. Cosy. Great location to Java, Sarinah, Plaza Indonesia, Hard Rock Cafe. There are nice spa around the area. We only paid around Rp25,000 to reach Taman Anggerek Mall and Plaza Senayan. We also managed to shop alot in Plaza Semanggi. Its location is also close to Gambir train station if you wanna travel up to Bandung.

Date of stay: February 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank SofyRudy
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I stayed in a standard double bed room in this hotel in April 09 for 2 nights. I booked it through the Accor Hotel website and paid about RM140 (USD40) about a week before the trip.
The staff at the reception were polite and nice, a few of them speak quite limited English but professional enough. The best thing about the hotel, I have to say, was the room itself. It was very clean and looking like a 5 star hotel. I slept so well on both nights I was there because the bed was so comfortable and not a noise to bother me at all. TV, hot shower, AC and tea/coffee making facility were available. The breakfast was buffet style with western and local food, the fried thin noodle was so delicious that I went for second. It was a bit pricy for local standard though, about RM20 (USD7). But there are many food stalls nearby just a short walk from the hotel. The Sarinah shopping complex is just 5 mins walk and about 2 bus stops away from HI square. MONAS and Muzium Gajah are just a short taxi/bajaj drive. Overall, I had a pleasant stay here and would recommend this one to any type of travelers.

Date of stay: April 2009