“Good enough for a few nights stay”

Ibis Jakarta Arcadia
Ranked #121 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good enough for a few nights stay”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Rooms in hotel were ok - comfortable but a little small. The hotel is walking distance from Transjakarta busway and has a few decent shopping malls around. Jalan Jaksa is close by but was bit of a disappointment. There are a few good eating options around including a 24 hour cafe. The hotel staff were friendly and guided us around on tourist options in vicinity. Internet connection worked fine. They have an airport drop service but found it a bit high priced - better to ask for a normal taxi from vicinity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ibis-arcadia-jakarta, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear valued guest,
many thanks that you took the time to share your experience and opinion about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

As your comments are very important for us to improve the quality of service for our clients permanently I have spoken to our employees to futher increase quality and guarantee guest satisfaction in the future.

Frank Weiss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a good standard hotel. Room was clean, good size.
Staff helpful. Breakfast buffet was fine, no complaints about hotel..
Had evening meal once, but menu a little uninteresting, but plenty of other hotels around for dinner. Jalan Jaksa close by but found that uninteresting as mostly small drab cafes. Jakarta itself looks very rundown, have to search for shopping centres with some class.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Graeme S

Jeddah
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Excellent and well run hotel in the heart of Jakarta. It is walking distance from shopping and from the TransJakarta Busway. The staff are friendly and efficient. Good restaurants, cafes and malls nearby.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had a suite on the top floor, which costs almost twice as much as a regular room.
I had a spacious room, alright ... without a single place to hang my clothes, shelves only.
Bathroom is run down, needs maintenance and repair, not acceptable for that price.
The room was quiet due to the fact it was high up. The hotel is in the very centre of town, just a few steps from Sarinah and Jalan Thamrin, so if that's where you want to be at a budget rate, this hotel is alright. There is a restaurant on the lobby floor which is quite good. While I was there, the outside area was under constructions, so it was hardly possible to eat there due to the noise. But this should have been a temporary condition. Service is good, staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel many times whenever I was in Jakarta. One of the main reasons I stayed here is because of the location. There are few shopping malls and good restaurants (some are 24 hours) within walking distance. The room was renovated and it looks more spacious now. As usual, the room and the bathroom were clean and the king-size bed was very comfortable. The room included a safe, fridge, wifi, satellite TV and kettle with complementary tea and coffee. However, they should provide more than one power point inside the room as the only power point could not be used for my international adaptor. I have to use the one inside the bathroom to charge my mobile phone. The check-in process was easy and fast and I got the room that I requested.This time the price that i paid was included with breakfast. Unfortunately, not all the food was tasty enough. The fried rice and noodle need to be improve but the rest of them were okay. Should try the 'Dilmah' tea - lemon flavour, it was so refreshing! There was also an airport transfer service, to and from the hotel. They charged 195,000 rph (abt SGD20) per trip, which I think was a reasonable price.Overall, with the price that I paid, it was value for money and I will definitely will stay in this hotel again.

1 Thank MadS0ul