“Ibis Standard”

Ranked #124 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
“Ibis Standard”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Ibis is located in a Street with lots of other Hotels, close to the big Shopping mall. Rooms are nice but standard, our AC was leaking, but everything else was working. The breakfast was good. The Pizza from the Restaurant was not recommendable but ok, not the Standard you get in Europe... Taxis are on the street just outside. Would come back to the Hotel, however Jakarta is not so much worse a visit...

• Stayed June 2013
Ibis-arcadia-jakarta, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear valued guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your opinion about your stay at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia on Tripadvisor. With great joy I am reading that you enjoyed your time with us, even more glad am I about the fact that you are sharing this experience and opinion with others. With great joy I am reading that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. It is our whole team's endeavor to improve our quality, service and product steadily in order to provide our guests a most comfortable stay at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia. Therefore I am pleased to share your comments with my team and we will follow up on your comments. We have already a preventive maintenance plan in place and we will especially focus on all our AC units including the entire piping. For a young but motivated team like ours it is difficult to provide the same quality for the pizza as in Europe, nevertheless please be assured that we will continue to teach and train our kitchen-team in order to improve the quality.
Please note also that our hotel offers Superior, Executive, Deluxe and Suite-Rooms that are tailor made to our different guests needs but not bookable through the internet. In order to provide you the room that fits your expectations best and to provide you the most possible enjoyable stay I would like to invite you to contact us directly during your next booking and we are pleased to assist you with the best possible type of room.
I hope to welcome you soon again during your next journey to Jakarta at Ibis Arcadia.
Ibis Jakarta Arcadia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Ibis Arcadia was a random pick as I usually stay in the main roundabout area close to Plaza Indonesia.
I enjoyed the rooms here very much, although they need to improve on some services such as the hot water in the shower as well as the breakfast buffet. My suggestion, skip the breakfast and go explore the cafes nearby. However, the a/c in the room was very cool.
If you have no reason to stay at the roundabout close to Plaza Indonesia, I suggest staying here. close by is Japan Sabang which has many lovely local restaurants and food stalls. Do try the satay jaya agung as I hear it has been around for a very long time.
If you want a coffee, there is a Starbucks very close by and it is open 24 hours. Do note that it gets very crowded. Also, on wahid hasyim there even western restaurants for you to choose from. this is menteng, one of the old money neighborhoods in Jakarta.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank iwishiwasonvacation
Dear valued guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your opinion about your stay at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia on Tripadvisor. With great joy I am reading that you enjoyed your time with us, even more glad am I about the fact that you are sharing this experience and opinion with others. It is our whole team's endeavor to improve our quality, service and product steadily in order to provide our guests a most comfortable stay at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia. Thank you very much for your comments concerning the hot water in your shower and the breakfast variety. Certainly we will improve our breakfast quality further and currently we are checking our entire hot water system as well as all mixing batteries in order to avoid any future problems as reported by you.
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel located in good location. The price is too expensive if compared with the services given to customer. I stayed in the non smoking room but the air in the room not so fresh. And I think the buffet menu should be more various.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank tjiang_junaedi
Ibis-arcadia-jakarta, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear valued guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your opinion about your stay at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia on Tripadvisor. With great joy I am reading that you enjoyed your time with us, even more glad am I about the fact that you are sharing this experience and opinion with others. It is our whole team's endeavor to improve our quality, service and product steadily in order to provide our guests a most comfortable stay at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia. Therefore I am pleased to share your comments with my team and we will follow up on your comments concerning air quality in the room and buffet variety.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I am very happy with my stay at this hotel. The front desk staff was very helpfull (especially the girl name Fatia). Breakfast was simple but tasty. The room was a little bit small but comfortable. The most important part, Tanah abang is very near to the hotel. If your main purpose to Jakarta is to shop at Tanah abang, don't waste your time staying at other areas. You will waste a lot of time in traffic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear valued guest,
I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your opinion about your stay at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia on Tripadvisor. With great joy I am reading that you enjoyed your stay with us, even more glad am I about the fact that you are sharing this experience and opinion with others.
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

After two mildly horrid nights at another hotel in town, it was a huge relief to arrive at the Ibis Arcadia. If you are looking for luxury, this probably isnt the place for you but for this price you cannot beat the quality in Jakarta!

The room is large with a nice window, safety box, small couch and desk, along with hot water for tea and coffee which i quite appreciated. In additin, the bed is quite soft for se asia! Location is excellent! Im pretty sire this is the only neighborhood in which you can walk and not worry as much about being struck by oncoming traffic. Theres a starbucks a 3 min walk away if youd like that and various restaurants as well. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Overall would ceryainly recommend this hotel!

Ibis-arcadia-jakarta, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was there one month ago, got the renovated room, excellent, with good woodfloor, ned to improve here and there for bathroom but good rate proposed.
For dinner, just go out, easy to find a lot of restaurant around, or even call room service as rate is ok.

Room Tip: choose top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your opinion about your stay at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia on Tripadvisor. With great joy I am reading that you enjoyed your time with us, even more glad am I about the fact that you are sharing this experience and opinion with others. It is our whole team's endeavor to improve our quality, service and product steadily in order to provide our guests a most comfortable stay at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia. Therefore I am pleased to share your comments with my team. Currently all our bathrooms undergo a full refurbishment so your concerns about the status of our bathroom will soon belong to the past.
Osoyoos, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Good restaurant, egg station appreciated, a la carte menu so so. Staff very courteous and obviously trained well! Room was OK. Clean but I had read newly renovated and this one had laminate thatwas already lifting and the bathroom shower stall base could be upgraded - kind of grungy. Toilet paper seemed to be in short supply and towells were taken for cleaning and not replaced. Air conditioner leaked - aconcern re: mold. Location worked for us. Taxi service very cheap to any sight we chose albeit traffic was terrible. Did not meet western standards but was one of the best at this price on our tour in SE Asia. Once again - staff were fabulous!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eileen h
Ibis-arcadia-jakarta, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear valued Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. With great joy I am reading that you enjoyed your stay especially the service of our employees at Ibis Arcadia. We try hard to improve our level of service offered to our guests steadily. Please be asured that I will take your points mentioned about the condition of our bathrooms serious and we will follow up on these matters inside our preventive maintanence plan. This is not the level of service we tend to provide to our guests and an action plan will be set in place to solve all defects. Your comments will help me and the whole team of Ibis Arcadia to further improve our service and product. Therefore I would like to thank you for taking your time to inform us about all positive as well less enjoyable experiences.
We hope to welcome you again at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia during your next journey to Jakarta.