All reviewssarinah malljalan sabangwithin walking distancetanah abanglocation is excellentshort staydecent sizestreet foodeasy accessstayed for nightslocal foodlobby areastrategic locationbudget hotelfront officeacadiataxi
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I book this hotel through Accor group, in Paris. My wife and me were welcomed by the hotel security. Upon checking in the room was not ready ( about 5.00pm) for us. We have to wait for a while then we had a welcome drink by the hotel staff (fresh orange) were served at the counter/lobby. Thanks for that. The counter staff by the name of Abdullah was a naice and plesant guy,by the name of ABdullah well mannered and soft spoken. The room is not that big with basic things, a tvv, coffee making tools, a table (glass) a doulble sized bed and so on. There are no tables to put our luggage bags and every time we need something out of the bag we have to put it on the bed tthen close it put it a side. A lot of english channels were there in the tv. The first night as we were tired we had some fried rice (vegetarian ) it is so nice but plenty in a plate.
Next day morning it is the breakfast time as usual in all other hotel , there bread butter and jam, rice and fried rice, some scrabled eggs, some beans . some salad, some fruits.
There is also a girl by the name of Haesty(pardon me if the spelling is incorrect). a very nice girl and very helpul to us as everytime we want to go out we ask heer advice. She is there to tell us the problems we may face. All the staffs are very well mannered and I see them they speak in Indonesian language in a well mannered way. Even the security takes the car/vehicle /taxi nuber as we leave the hotel. Most of the time when we lleave we usually take the Bluebird group as it is safe and recomended by the Ibis group.. and we never encountered any problems unlike the malaysia /K.L. taxi drivers. On the whole I love the hotel and the staffs. Next time I may think of buying somethings for them When in this hotel never foget to bring mosquito repellent with you as there are mosquitos. Believe in Human but not mosquitos.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing Jl. Wahid Hashyim
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Santhira S
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I review this hotel while still in the establishment. This hotel is situated in a location where almost everything is within easy reach; restaurants (Minangkabau, Chinese Muslim, seafoods, steak and Indonesian foods), food hawkers (sate, noodle soups, mutton soups ect.), spa and health facilities (Bersih dan Sehat), cinema, convinient shops (K Circle), traditional market (Gondangdia) and supermarket (Ramayana).

I checked in on 11 January and going to check out today, 13 January 2013. It took about 30 minutes from Jakarta airpor to this hotel. I chose Borobudur taxi company which used meter, and paid Rp 100,000 fare plus Rp13,000 for toll and Rp 10,000 for airport charge. Make sure you give exact amount of money to pay toll because taxi drivers here often give excuse not to return the balance to you. On the midnight of arrival i saw a woman sitting ang smoking in front of the hotel enntrance; looked like prostitute waiting for customer...

The hotel room is clean even though it uses cheapish materials. The shower head needs change as water is going everywhere from it. So is the tap of the sink. The mug in the room need a good scrub because you can see tea stain in it.

I did not chose to have breakfast in this hotel because of the steep price (about Rp 75,000) and also because it does not have much choice, based on other Trip Advisor comments. So i had my breafast at a restaurant called Dapur Indonesia. It is open 24 hours. I had 'bubur ayam' or chicken porridge (Rp15,000) and hot tea (Rp7,000) plus tax 10%. Very filling and yummy indeed.

It helps that you bring extension wire if you want to charge your mobile phone and computer at the same time because ther is only one power point available to use in the room. Also if you are fussy like me, bring extra cloth hanger ( to hang your business clothes as soos as you arrived so that it does not crease)? and slippers.

If you want your own toileteries you can buy them from Ramayana Supermarket not far from the hotel, or from a convinient shop called K Circle. The price difference between these two establishments is about Rp1200 per item. So pick your chose.
I will stay here next time.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 403 facing the road but it was ok. No noice heard at all.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Titi Rahmawati H
Reviewed December 28, 2012

It was a bad experience for me when I ask for borrow some of the item , like adaptor for me to charge the phone and the room or reception does not have anymore . I felt they are not sincere for it . I hope they can improve as I compare with Australia hotel . They are more responsible and well trained .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family