All reviewssarinah malljalan sabangwithin walking distancetanah abanglocation is excellentshort staydecent sizestreet foodeasy accessstayed for nightslocal foodlobby areastrategic locationbudget hotelfront officeacadiataxi
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I review this hotel while still in the establishment. This hotel is situated in a location where almost everything is within easy reach; restaurants (Minangkabau, Chinese Muslim, seafoods, steak and Indonesian foods), food hawkers (sate, noodle soups, mutton soups ect.), spa and health facilities (Bersih dan Sehat), cinema, convinient shops (K Circle), traditional market (Gondangdia) and supermarket (Ramayana).

I checked in on 11 January and going to check out today, 13 January 2013. It took about 30 minutes from Jakarta airpor to this hotel. I chose Borobudur taxi company which used meter, and paid Rp 100,000 fare plus Rp13,000 for toll and Rp 10,000 for airport charge. Make sure you give exact amount of money to pay toll because taxi drivers here often give excuse not to return the balance to you. On the midnight of arrival i saw a woman sitting ang smoking in front of the hotel enntrance; looked like prostitute waiting for customer...

The hotel room is clean even though it uses cheapish materials. The shower head needs change as water is going everywhere from it. So is the tap of the sink. The mug in the room need a good scrub because you can see tea stain in it.

I did not chose to have breakfast in this hotel because of the steep price (about Rp 75,000) and also because it does not have much choice, based on other Trip Advisor comments. So i had my breafast at a restaurant called Dapur Indonesia. It is open 24 hours. I had 'bubur ayam' or chicken porridge (Rp15,000) and hot tea (Rp7,000) plus tax 10%. Very filling and yummy indeed.

It helps that you bring extension wire if you want to charge your mobile phone and computer at the same time because ther is only one power point available to use in the room. Also if you are fussy like me, bring extra cloth hanger ( to hang your business clothes as soos as you arrived so that it does not crease)? and slippers.

If you want your own toileteries you can buy them from Ramayana Supermarket not far from the hotel, or from a convinient shop called K Circle. The price difference between these two establishments is about Rp1200 per item. So pick your chose.
I will stay here next time.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 403 facing the road but it was ok. No noice heard at all.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Titi Rahmawati H
Reviewed December 28, 2012

It was a bad experience for me when I ask for borrow some of the item , like adaptor for me to charge the phone and the room or reception does not have anymore . I felt they are not sincere for it . I hope they can improve as I compare with Australia hotel . They are more responsible and well trained .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carolhii
Reviewed December 26, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Location is good, literally opposite Ibis Tamarin. Steep staircase to hotel entrance.
Reservation in system but extras screwed up, not unlike other Ibis we've been to. Its best to print out your reservations if you've breakfast included etc. They thought we had 1 breakfast only, our rewards voucher not accepted initially, and dining voucher included in reservation was not found.
Breakfast is just good for filling you up.
Think we had a refurbished room at 205, but the toilet was not renovated.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple