AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA
  • Pool
$131
$124
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsintercontinental hotelrasa restaurantmid plazathe club loungebusiness tripevening cocktailslobby barmain restaurantpremier roomsized bedgreat businessexecutive floorbusiness districtmy colleagueexcellent hotellate checkbuffet breakfast
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Read the other reviews and come to your own conclusions about 1) what's important to the reviewer and 2) to what extent these interests are met.

This was my second trip to Jakarta and to the Hotel in as many months, and I again was situated on the Club Floor. The Club Lounge provided a great escape from my room, and the staff are terribly accommodating. On this visit, my room had some dodgy lights, and at 11:00pm they began flickering on / off. The engineer came quickly and while he attempted to set the place right, was unable to - and the hotel staff immediately moved me to another room without any fuss at all.

Quality, courteous service when things go wrong (and they do) is of huge importance to me. They excelled on this once again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I stayed in this hotel a couple time, whereas I really enjoyed. The room is not big but just enough. The interior is good with LCD TV. They have a good room service but unfortunately they only have 2 in house restaurant. Other than that, everything is perfect and affordable

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2010

This is a well located hotel with spacious public areas and lives up to the high standards expected from the InterContinental group. Rooms are comfortable and well equipped. Furnishings are modern and well maintained. Free wireless internet is not offered, which I always find irritating, and I found the restaurant service lacked a sense of urgency, although the food was worth waiting for. The large mall next door is well worth a visit - plenty of places to eat, some clothing outlets and free wireless internet at a well known coffee shop. I had a very pleasant stay here and would be happy to return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I had a terrible stay at this hotel and certainly did not come up to my expectations of previous intercontinental hotels which I have stayed in .
The hotel is old and dated, the swimming pool area is dirty , jacuzzi was out of order and full of dirty green water, the pool attendant was also smoking !!! Breakfast was disapointing, cold and service was average. There were other matters of concern which I emailed the hotel directly but was fobed off with excuses,. I would avoid this hotel and stay elsewhere as it did not come up to previous intercontinental hotels experiences I have stayed in.

I'm sure that there will be a comment from the hotel about my remarks but I'm sorry but it is just too late. It was a special occassion and this was not acted upon with the previous correspondence I had prior to arrival . You have been warned!!!!! Dirty, dated and very unproffessional and we won't be back in a hurry

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank James8896
ICJakarta, Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2010

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza .

It is clearly the objective of our hotel to meet our customer expectations and we are sorry that your experience with us failed to achieve this.

We do feel it necessary however to make specific replies to some of your comments. As we have mentioned in previous posts our hotel was opened in 1998 and is actually one of the more recent properties in Jakarta and has recently undergone a room renovation. We quite accept that the look and feel of our property is entirely a matter of person taste and may not have been to your liking.

You are correct that we were obliged to carry out some essential repairs to our outdoor Jacuzzi. We are sorry that it was not available during your stay but we deliberately scheduled this repair work during Ramadan when the hotel was at its quietest. The green water you refer to is as a result of the heavy tropical rain that falls at this time of year and did indeed fill the Jacuzzi although we did empty it on a daily basis. We find it very surprising that one of our employees was smoking. If caught they would have been subject to severe internal disciplinary procedures and as already mentioned it was Ramadan when consumption is prohibited including smoking.

Finally you make reference to an email correspondence with the hotel on other matters of concern. Unfortunately we were unable to locate any such emails.

Once again we apologize for any shortcomings you may have encountered during your stay and we will use your comments as part of our ongoing efforts to improve our property.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

Stayed for a week in the beginning of July and booked two club rooms. Arrival was okay, no one greeted you at the door or directed us where to go so I went to the reception and she said that we need to check in at the club lounge on the 14th floor. She then asked one of the bellmen to accompany us to the lounge.

We needed to wait for our room, which's fine since we arrived quite early. After our room's ready, one of the Club's associate explained that we're entitled for all club benefits, except for evening cocktails. She stated that only one guest per room for evening cocktails only. As we were exhausted after a red-eye flight from Maldives, all we wanted to do is to get a proper rest so we said fine.

We stayed in other InterContinental hotels before, and to be honest, Mid Plaza's given us mixed feelings on the standard of service. The club experience wasn't present, from the arrival to check-in process. And then the whole one guest per room for evening cocktails, which baffled us, never happened to us before. It wasn't about the money, we were happy to pay if it's right, but it isn't. While we were told verbally that somehow we need to take turns to enjoy evening cocktails (and we were told so), the welcome letter said different thing that registered guests are entitled to evening cocktails, and we both were registered guests. To be honest, the whole experience embarrassed us. We felt that we were one of those guests looking for some freebies. Finally, the Duty Manager apologized and explained the reason, which, I should think should've resolved based on common sense in the first place.

We stayed for almost a week, and it didn't leave us any memorable experience. For a hotel that offers a specific niche of the whole Club experience, I'm afraid the InterContinental MidPlaza rather lacked of it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank voyageur1980

Dear Voyajeur1980,

Thank you for taking the time to bring to our attention the problems you have encountered during your last visit to our hotel.

We apologize for the shortfall of service you experienced, but we have taken your feedback constructively. Please rest assured that we have shared this with our management team and will ensure that we take steps to improve our service. It is our objective to meet the expectations of our customers and we are sorry that in this particular case we have failed.

Generally speaking we receive very positive feedback regarding our Club so it is disappointing that we did not provide the level of service you were expecting.

We hope that this experience will not prevent you from patronizing our hotel in the future and we hope very much to be able to serve you again in the future.