“Great spacious room, perfect location”

AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA
Ranked #32 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights, Their staff was so friendly and helpful.
we took the premiere room, which already include free wifi and breakfast.
Room was clean and modern, the bathroom was spacious.
Breakfast at Rasa restaurant was amazing. We love the staff they are extremely helpful.

Room Tip: we suggest you choose the premiere room, it was include with the free wifi
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Ruth A,

Thank you for sharing your staying experience in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza. We are glad that you find the room, bathroom and breakfast to your liking. Thank you for your compliments over our friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The room is spacious and well appointed. That's the end of the good news. The food, both western and Asian, has been extremely disappointing. The spa is dull and cold. The staff is helpful. TWICE in two days I have had a staff member give me a piece of paper and pen to write comments on their (unremarkable) performance. "It will help my career." We will be returning to Jakarta in 3 weeks for an extended stay at a different hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Jan S,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza as your preferred accommodation during your recent business trip. We are delighted that the room was to your liking.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the disappointment you experienced concerning our cuisine. It is always our objective to meet the expectations of our customers and the situation that you encountered is certainly not the usual high standards of our hotel. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. Your comments have already been discussed with our Executive Chef to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

In regards to your SPA experience, we constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value for our guests; therefore we are concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Your opinion is valuable and helps us in our endeavour for continuous improvement.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on future travels to Jakarta.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stay in Jakarta for business reasons for a total duration of two months. My stay at the Intercontinental Midplaza has been extremely good. My room has always been good and The staff have listened to whatever request I've had throughout my stay. As a Royal platinum member I have felt very appreciated by the staff at both the reception and in particular the club lounge were I have spent quite some time. I want to give a special recognition to Aya, eliz, Nita, and andy in the Club lounge for always beeing very kind to me and treating me very good. The way that they have treated me has made me feel like very relaxed and almost like home.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Anders T,

Thank you for sharing your long staying experience in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.
We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay and find the room to your liking. Thank you for your compliments over our helpful and friendly colleagues. It is our aim to make our guests feel like home during their stay and we are happy to hear this from you.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Jakarta.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Checked in fairly late at night, service was attentive and gracious.

Asked concierge next day for options to buy handicrafts and batik. He was great, gave me lots of options for off-the beaten path options (SMESCO building, a government operated department store of sorts, promoting small vendors, and representing regions of Indonesia - 4 stories.) He also told me of Pasaraya Grande - also a fantastic option in an established mall, top 2 stores are a tourist's dream, covering all handicrafts you could possibly imagine.

Nice little touches - fresh fruit in your room everyday, with a printed card describing the local fare/fruit option. Every single person greeted you with eye contact, and a greeting. Attention to detail, it speaks volumes.

Breakfast/lunch/dinner buffet options at Rasa were great. Large dining room, never felt crowded or hectic. Lots of options, from Western fare, to Indonesian, Japanese, and Chinese options for all meals of the day. Service, while attentive, seemed hesitant at times.

I would say there were only 2 things that bothered me about my stay:

1) I inquired about shipping services for my souvenirs, since my suitcase was getting a bit heavy. It took a couple of times to explain this to a concierge, and then a bell hop - then they finally determined that I would need to speak to the Business Center downstairs. For a business-class establishment, I would hope that all staff behind the concierge counter would have the English proficiency superior to the rest of the staff.

2) Went to the Business center, and they explained that they don't provide that service, and that it would be expensive. Went back the next day to explore this prospect further, to really find out the cost - come to find out they don't even have boxes there. They would need to contact DHL, to box and package your goods, and then ship it.

Overall - in the center of this bustling city with crazy traffic, this hotel was an oasis of tranquility for me during this business trip. Would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear MJStanfield,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza and sharing your staying experience. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay and find the service to your liking. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced with the language barrier and incomplete information for the shipping service. The situation you encountered is certainly not the usual high standards of our hotel, and we have discussed your comments with our Director of Rooms in order to ensure this does not happen again.
Once again, thank you for the constructive feedback.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've stayed here 4 or 5 times over the past year and have been thoroughly impressed by the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and how easy theyve made it for me, an American businessman, to feel comfortable, well-rested and productive. I travel every week to some part of the world and can honestly say I have not stayed in a hotel that makes international business travel any easier than the Intercontinental. They are also conveniently located near the financial district in a city that has heavy traffic at all hours. I will be back at least one more time to Jakarta and will definitely stay at the Intercontinental again.

Dear Dana T,

Thank you for your continuous support and sharing your staying experience in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza. Our hotel location is certainly one of our competitive strength and we are glad that you feel the same. Thank you for your compliments over our hotel, colleagues and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Jakarta.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Friendly, attentive and efficient staff. Spacious, quiet rooms with very comfy beds. Dined by myself the first night at the hotel buffet and the wait staff couldn't have been more attentive and friendly - it was very quiet in the restaurant that night and as I showed an interest in the Indonesian meals, the staff went out of their way to explain the food. But the stand out was my spa treatment - after 14 nights straight on a work trip - the hour facial and massage was divine! Perfect pressure for the massage - felt like a million dollars afterwards.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear worldstar99,

Thank you for sharing your staying experience in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza. We are glad that you find the room and the service from our colleagues to your liking. Thank you for your compliments over the spa experience. On your next visit, try the signature Red Wine Wrap treatment or the Pearl Detox at SPA InterContinental.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for business. Took the deluxe room and it was clean and comfy. Met all my needs like any business traveler, internet, work table and a nice bed. Did not really patronise any of the restaurants in the hotel however there's a mall behind the hotel (Citywalk I think) with a lot of restaurants and a fresh supermarket. Take the SilverBird taxis as they provide receipts, easily available from the concierge. Bluebird cabs are a bit of hit and miss, as some has not upgraded to the newer receipt printing meters.

Dear Purf,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza as your accommodation during your recent business trip. We are happy to hear your good comment in regards to our room and facilites inside the room and surrounding the hotel.

We hope InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza will still be your preferred hotel on your return visit to Jakarta.