Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Checked in fairly late at night, service was attentive and gracious.
Asked concierge next day for options to buy handicrafts and batik. He was great, gave me lots of options for off-the beaten path options (SMESCO building, a government operated department store of sorts, promoting small vendors, and representing regions of Indonesia - 4 stories.) He also told me of Pasaraya Grande - also a fantastic option in an established mall, top 2 stores are a tourist's dream, covering all handicrafts you could possibly imagine.
Nice little touches - fresh fruit in your room everyday, with a printed card describing the local fare/fruit option. Every single person greeted you with eye contact, and a greeting. Attention to detail, it speaks volumes.
Breakfast/lunch/dinner buffet options at Rasa were great. Large dining room, never felt crowded or hectic. Lots of options, from Western fare, to Indonesian, Japanese, and Chinese options for all meals of the day. Service, while attentive, seemed hesitant at times.
I would say there were only 2 things that bothered me about my stay:
1) I inquired about shipping services for my souvenirs, since my suitcase was getting a bit heavy. It took a couple of times to explain this to a concierge, and then a bell hop - then they finally determined that I would need to speak to the Business Center downstairs. For a business-class establishment, I would hope that all staff behind the concierge counter would have the English proficiency superior to the rest of the staff.
2) Went to the Business center, and they explained that they don't provide that service, and that it would be expensive. Went back the next day to explore this prospect further, to really find out the cost - come to find out they don't even have boxes there. They would need to contact DHL, to box and package your goods, and then ship it.
Overall - in the center of this bustling city with crazy traffic, this hotel was an oasis of tranquility for me during this business trip. Would stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA offers premium accommodations and signature lifestyle experiences in the heart of the city’s thriving Jalan Sudirman central business district, welcoming its guests to the recently opened JimBARan Living Room. As a popular business, weekend getaway and event destination, AYANA is conveniently located within a 45-minute drive from the international airport, and close to the luxury shopping hub of Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia to one side and Lotte Shopping Avenue and Kuningan City Mall to the other side. Choose from a stunning collection of 366 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, which are to welcome you to your home-away-from-home in the city with quality furnishings, flat screen televisions, ironing facilities and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Jakarta Midplaza Hotel Jakarta