“A tranquil oasis in the hub of busy Jakarta”

AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA
Ranked #39 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Checked in fairly late at night, service was attentive and gracious.

Asked concierge next day for options to buy handicrafts and batik. He was great, gave me lots of options for off-the beaten path options (SMESCO building, a government operated department store of sorts, promoting small vendors, and representing regions of Indonesia - 4 stories.) He also told me of Pasaraya Grande - also a fantastic option in an established mall, top 2 stores are a tourist's dream, covering all handicrafts you could possibly imagine.

Nice little touches - fresh fruit in your room everyday, with a printed card describing the local fare/fruit option. Every single person greeted you with eye contact, and a greeting. Attention to detail, it speaks volumes.

Breakfast/lunch/dinner buffet options at Rasa were great. Large dining room, never felt crowded or hectic. Lots of options, from Western fare, to Indonesian, Japanese, and Chinese options for all meals of the day. Service, while attentive, seemed hesitant at times.

I would say there were only 2 things that bothered me about my stay:

1) I inquired about shipping services for my souvenirs, since my suitcase was getting a bit heavy. It took a couple of times to explain this to a concierge, and then a bell hop - then they finally determined that I would need to speak to the Business Center downstairs. For a business-class establishment, I would hope that all staff behind the concierge counter would have the English proficiency superior to the rest of the staff.

2) Went to the Business center, and they explained that they don't provide that service, and that it would be expensive. Went back the next day to explore this prospect further, to really find out the cost - come to find out they don't even have boxes there. They would need to contact DHL, to box and package your goods, and then ship it.

Overall - in the center of this bustling city with crazy traffic, this hotel was an oasis of tranquility for me during this business trip. Would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear MJStanfield,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza and sharing your staying experience. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay and find the service to your liking. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced with the language barrier and incomplete information for the shipping service. The situation you encountered is certainly not the usual high standards of our hotel, and we have discussed your comments with our Director of Rooms in order to ensure this does not happen again.
Once again, thank you for the constructive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've stayed here 4 or 5 times over the past year and have been thoroughly impressed by the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and how easy theyve made it for me, an American businessman, to feel comfortable, well-rested and productive. I travel every week to some part of the world and can honestly say I have not stayed in a hotel that makes international business travel any easier than the Intercontinental. They are also conveniently located near the financial district in a city that has heavy traffic at all hours. I will be back at least one more time to Jakarta and will definitely stay at the Intercontinental again.

Dear Dana T,

Thank you for your continuous support and sharing your staying experience in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza. Our hotel location is certainly one of our competitive strength and we are glad that you feel the same. Thank you for your compliments over our hotel, colleagues and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Jakarta.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Friendly, attentive and efficient staff. Spacious, quiet rooms with very comfy beds. Dined by myself the first night at the hotel buffet and the wait staff couldn't have been more attentive and friendly - it was very quiet in the restaurant that night and as I showed an interest in the Indonesian meals, the staff went out of their way to explain the food. But the stand out was my spa treatment - after 14 nights straight on a work trip - the hour facial and massage was divine! Perfect pressure for the massage - felt like a million dollars afterwards.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear worldstar99,

Thank you for sharing your staying experience in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza. We are glad that you find the room and the service from our colleagues to your liking. Thank you for your compliments over the spa experience. On your next visit, try the signature Red Wine Wrap treatment or the Pearl Detox at SPA InterContinental.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for business. Took the deluxe room and it was clean and comfy. Met all my needs like any business traveler, internet, work table and a nice bed. Did not really patronise any of the restaurants in the hotel however there's a mall behind the hotel (Citywalk I think) with a lot of restaurants and a fresh supermarket. Take the SilverBird taxis as they provide receipts, easily available from the concierge. Bluebird cabs are a bit of hit and miss, as some has not upgraded to the newer receipt printing meters.

Dear Purf,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza as your accommodation during your recent business trip. We are happy to hear your good comment in regards to our room and facilites inside the room and surrounding the hotel.

We hope InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza will still be your preferred hotel on your return visit to Jakarta.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Good accommodation and good service. Club lounge food very good with daily change of menu. Rooms fairly spacious and clean. I find that the only drawback is not that close to shops where some hotels have shopping malls next to them. Other than that overall experience good.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Steve S,

Thank you for sharing your staying experience at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.
We are delighted that you find the accommodation, service and overall experience to your liking. Thank you for the good feedback of our Club Lounge food and room. The hotel is located next to City Walk which offers various dining option, convenience store and entertainment. In addition, the nearest shopping mall can be reached by taxi within 10 minutes.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back again at InterContiental Jakarta MidPlaza.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

InterContinental Jakarta Mid-Plaza may very well have some of the most attentive and caring staff of any hotel anywhere in the world. I was involved in an unfortunate accident during my time in Jakarta and while it was completely unrelated in any way to the property, InterContinental's staff went out of their way to understand what had happened, to assist me, anticipate my needs and provide around-the-clock support. During my brief stay in Jakarta it really felt like I had family around me, supporting me and this feeling is priceless - in particular when in a forign country during unfortunate circumstances.

Of the property itself it is an older hotel with somewhat dated decor but still remains stylish and comfortable. The rooms are on the dark side (i.e. more lighting needed) but are spacious and comfortable. Room service is quick and the food is fresh and delicious. The sheer variety of offerings on the menu sets this property apart from others. As with other 5-star properties in Jakarta there is a lot of security on-site which offers peace of mind but can also be a bit of a burden for example if you are frequently moving between the basement and upper floors of the hotel.

All in all, it was a delight to stay at the InterContinental Jakarta Mid-Plaza and I look forward to my next stay - under better circumstances!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool may bare the brunt of loud parties when there are events around the pool...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LuxeTravelerHK
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear LuxeTravelerHK,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza as your accommodation during your business trip in August 2013. Thank you for your compliments and feedback over your experience in our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is our 2nd time to stay in this hotel.
They have nice room & very clean, friendly & very helpful staffs, they knew immediately we've been staying there 10 months ago:) We arrived at 1 am in the morning, so we were very tired & hungry like hell, so as always we ordered room service. I just love the foods from their room service:p really nice tasty foods served still hot & soo good:p you should try their Nasi Goreng, it's big portion with complete menu, which will amazed you as you taste it, it's one of the best Nasi Goreng I had really:p and the price was ok:)

The restaurant & the swimming pool are new renovated.
The restaurant in my opinion need bit more improvement for bfast. They have an "open" kitchen for everybody to see. The waitress has mistakenly asking me to pay the bill before I had bfast at all but hasn't apologized for that, maybe they should "train" her a little bit friendlier..

The swimming pool is nicely renovated, just bit shallow for adults, nice gym, the SPA area was great, but too bad we had no chance to use it.

Overall I love this hotel, feel comfortable, welcome & feel like home at this hotel which not many 5 stars hotels could offer..the staffs always greet us politely with nice smile from their heart..which I think very rare to find these days..

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to everybody:)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear funny2222,

Thank you for coming back and staying at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

Glad to hear that you find the Nasi Goreng from our room service to your liking.

Thank you for the compliments over the hotel and its facilities, most of all that you feel comfortable like your own home.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced with the waitress during breakfast. The situation you encountered is certainly not the usual high standards of our hotel. Rest assured that our staff concerned has been counseled and corrective training has been put in placed in order to avoid such a lapse in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback and recommending our hotel. We hope you have a chance to try the Spa treatment and enjoy its facilities on your next trip to Jakarta.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.