“A gem in the heart of Jakarta”

AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA
Ranked #36 of 461 Hotels in Jakarta
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A gem in the heart of Jakarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

There is no delicate way to say this: chances are the traffic jams from the airport into the city is going to have you more than a tad wound up especially if you are just coming out of a long flight. Step into the lobby of The intercontinental Jakarta and you'll breathe a sigh of relief knowing from here on out, you are going to be in very adept hands. From the airy and plush lobby to the smiling and helpful staff, I felt relaxed and at ease (after the bomb check and body scan at the entrance - a norm at three other hotels I have stayed in during my visits to Jakarta). My standard deluxe room was lovely while the wifi was more than adequate. I loved the gym facilities and the beautiful pool made for a perfect place to lounge about or have a dip into the hot jacuzzi. Five water fountains provided a nice, lulling atmosphere, so that reading or having dinner by the pool proved to be very relaxing. Plus, when you go in for a swim, be sure to stand under the jet of pouring water for a very stimulating head massage!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear ChrisseKueh,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza for your accommodation during your recent trip to Jakarta.

We are delighted that you found the lobby, room, gym, our staff especially the pool and jacuzzi to your liking.

Once again, thank you for sharing your staying experience. We hope InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza will be your preferred hotel on your next visit to Jakarta.

InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a business trip. Choosing this hotel is because location. Nice hotel with warm smile which not so common in Indonesia. Checkin experience and luxury room with huge tv and luxury bed. Pillows are great. Slippers is the most comfortable that I ever had. Multiple choice of tea bags which I enjoyed very much.

• Stayed July 2013
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear yeejia,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza during your business trip.

We are glad that you find the hotel, room and its facilities to your liking.

Our hotel location is certainly one of our competitive strengths which is near to business and entertainment area and we are glad that you feel the same.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This review will cover my two trips in April and May (2 nights each)
April - Upgraded to 1 bedroom suite
May - Standard Deluxe Room.

I now base myself at this hotel whenever I stay in Jakarta. The staff, service, attention to details, security, food and beverage are all excellent.
As with many hotels I stay at, you sometimes need a science degree to switch off the right lights or all the lights when retiring for the evening. (Just a little thing)
Discovered the little shop downstairs this time around - saved a few dollars and replenished some toiletry supplies. Had a quick look at the Mall next door - basic food outlets and a few shops - nothing more.
If this is your first business visit, plan your stay with a map and a location of your hotel and your office / destination. I am now a 10min or 40min taxi trip away depending on the traffic, so this hotel is perfect for my individual location. It pays to do your homework, because the traffic will completely demoralize you at times. (I had a 3 hr journey from the airport to the hotel once - I was ready to jump out and flag down a motorcycle)
Great hotel, you've got my business for a while.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear AlphaVictor2,

Thank you for your continuous support towards InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza and choosing us for your preferred hotel in the future.

We are delighted that you find the staff, service, attention to details, security, food and beverage, almost all to your liking.

Once again, thank you for sharing your staying experience. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Jakarta.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

A friend who lives nearby booked this room for me because I was unable to stay with him at his place. I was totally blown away by the luxurious feeling in every aspect of the hotel, from the room in which I slept to the dining room where I had a delicious breakfast each morning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear eduardo 13820,

Thank you for your recent stay and sharing your staying experience in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

We are glad that you find the hotel, room and our restaurant to your liking.

The most important is that you had enjoyed your stay. Once again thank you for your good feedback and thank you for your friend who has chosen our hotel for your accommodation.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Intercontinental Midplaza Jakarta

+ Their staff, Novindra/Indra have a very nice personality... 5/5.
+ Within walking distance to Sahid Sahirman hospital and Citywalk Mall.
+ They recently down its price from about USD 200 to USD 160.

- Rooms are small.
- Must queque when check out (receptionist only 1 person).
- Pool area still closed in late May (I received information that pool area will open in May, but when I stay in late May, still close.

Recommended: Maybe Yes, if you have a business in this area, this hotel is okay for you.
Return To Sleep: Maybe No.

As usual, I always include photos in each of my reviews on Tripadvisor. - It's Real Review.

Room Tip: Choose for pool area view or main view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank FSB_81
Dear FSB 81,

Thank you for staying in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza and sharing the experience.

We are sorry to hear your dissappointment in regards to the check out process and pool renovation information. We usually have minimum three receptionists stand by during the check out, especially during peak hour time. We apologise for the shortfall and we will ensure that it won’t happen again.

Kindly be informed our new swimming pool is opened and we hope you can experience and enjoy the it during your next visit.

In regards to room size, we are delighted to offer our Studio Suite for your future stay which is more spacious and inclusive the Club benefits, such as personalised check in and check out in our Club Lounge, complimentary breakfast at the Club Lounge, evening cocktails and many more.

Once again, we hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kitchener, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed one night.
Has a great lobby, pool and lounge area outside.
14 floors are the hotel, floors above is a residence.
Residence do have access to pool, squash, tennis areas.
Lounge area outside was being renovated when I was there.

Staff gave average service and could brush up on their English at check in counter.

Room was average size and clean but could use some updating and very cluttered with desk and sofa chair. Was told I was being upgraded but as far as I could tell the room was as booked only difference was it was on the 8th floor instead of the 5th and was not given the view I requested, not sure the employee understood me when checking in, not impressed.
Was not impressed with rooms seeing this is IHG groups signature hotel chain. Expected more, have had bigger and better rooms at holiday inns and other less expensive hotels in Indonesia
Central location and as everywhere in Jakarta traffic is a nightmare best to take taxi anywhere.

Gold member IHG group

Room Tip: Request a view towards the main entrance or pool area, if no you are just looking at surrounding bui...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear travelgear555,

We are delighted that you found the lobby, pool and lounge area to your liking.

In regards to our colleague at the check in counter please be informed that we rolled out additional training sessions in order to deliver better service. English training for our colleagues are also being conducted.

Rest assured your room has been upgraded and we are sorry for the shortfall of service in regards to the room view. We will ensure it will not happen again.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback. We hope you can see the improvements on your next visit to InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

Leverkusen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights here recently and I was very pleased. Having arrived early evening after surviving the gridlocked Jakarta traffic jams from the airport I entered a world of peace & tranquility which was much appreciated. The contrast is enormous! The welcome at the check in desk was friendly and efficient. My room on one of the upper floors met all my expectations, including a picture window out onto the surrounding impressive high rise appartment blocks which were spectacularly lit up at night. I appreciated the free coffee and tea making facilities and the constant free supply of local bottled water. On the evening of my arrival I saw that there is a complimentary shoe shining service. Despite calling housekeeping quite late in the evening the shoes were picked up and returned, spic & span a few minutes later. What service!
I love breakfasts in Asia and the one at the InterConti didn't disappoint. It's in the recently refurbished "Rasa" restaurant on the ground floor. The wealth of choice was amazing as was the overall service and atmosphere. The juices were prepared fresh before your eyes as were the eggs for the full cooked breakfast - including baked beans. Heaven! My only regret was that I had to work and couldn't linger too long over breakfast each day.
Finally the location was optimal for me. My company's offices are in the MidPlaza office complex which meant that work was only a 5 minute walk away. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on the upper floors - just to get better views of the surroundings.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Eyekaytoo,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza for your accommodation during your recent business trip.

We are delighted that you find the hotel, room, facilities and breakfast at Rasa Restaurant to your liking.

We hope you have the chance to try the new swimming pool as well.
Our hotel location is certainly one of our competitive strength within the business hotels in Jakarta especially if your office is located at MidPlaza Building which can be accessed by walking distance only. We are glad that you feel the same.

Once again, thank you for sharing your staying experience in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Jakarta.