“Nice”

AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA
Ranked #33 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Really nice hotel with super friendly staff - we definitely appreciated the concierge since they helped us plan our time in Jakarta and arranged for a tour - I also appreciated the extra security at the hotel - the rooms are super nice - i just wish the restaurant wasn't so expensive - there weren't many options nearby so we mostly ate fast food - and the fact that we had to pay for wifi was definitely a negative

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear sowpow,

Thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

We are very delighted that you found the hotel, room, our friendly staff and security to your liking.
Thank you for your compliments over the tour arrangement and service from our Concierge team.

We hope that you had an authentic and memorable experience in Jakarta which you can share with your family and friends.

For a more wide variety of restaurants the hotel is adjacent to MidPlaza Building and City walk where there are numerous restaurant available for you to indulge.

In regards to the wi-fi, we would like to offer our Premier Room on your next visit as the internet and wi-fi benefit is included in the room rate. In addition, wi-fi is complimentary for guest by consuming food or beverage in our restaurants.

Once again, thank you for the constructive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hotel is nice, modern furnitured.
Food is cool, and there is full of varieties.
all of the staff are my friends loooool (16 stays)
pool side is very peacful and the bar is rich.
location is not that much............. you have to ride taxi.
rooms r very clean.

Room Tip: Pool side view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Mazaaaj,

Thank you for sharing your feedback during your last stay at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

We are very delighted that our hotel has been your first choice of accommodation in Jakarta and thank you for your compliments over the hotel and its facilities, including the food, our swimming pool, location as well as our collegues.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last year and never been disappointed. Comfortable rooms, great food and an excellent location - at least for my work. I especially commend the staff in the club lounge. They provide the best of service.

Room Tip: Take any accommodation option that offers you access to the club lounge.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Luke G,

Thank you for your support towards InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

We are very delighted that you found the room, food and location to your liking, especially it has supported your business trip.

Thank you for your compliments over our colleagues and service in the Club Lounge.
We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel provides me a relax stay in the weekend. A cup of cafe late and a glass of wine at the club lounge brings me into a comfortable time and I perfectly feel free from my hard workings in the business days.
Besides the stay in the weekend, a hot green tea in the breakfast gives full energy to my still sleeping brains, which is necessary for me to start up my business everyday.
Any staff of the hotel has professional service skills as well as warmest hospitality. I believe once we stay here we can easily remember the hospitality of the staffs as the good memory.
The swimming pool is under renovation and I hope its completion.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Greentea130323,

Thank you for choosing and staying at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza during your business trip.

We are delighted that you had a relaxed stay on the weekend and find our collegues, drinks selection and our hospitality to your liking.

In regards to the swimming pool renovation, we hope you have the opportunity to enjoy the sunbeds relaxation on the 3rd floor Asoka Garden as our alternative offer. After the renovation, we will offer a complete new swimming pool. We look forward to sharing these new feature with you as well as many more to come and we are sure you will appreciate the improvements once they have completed towards the end of May 2013.

Once again, thank you for providing us with your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed in Intercontinental as I could not find rooms in Shangrila and Mandarin Oriental. The price was USD260++ for a club room, which I found steep for Jakarta and for this hotel. The check in was at the Club counter on the 14th floor, but I guess it would have been faster if it had been done downstairs itself. They did not have a non smoking room so they gave me a smoking room and told me that it would not have the smell. However, that was not the case and the room had a dampness and the smoke smell was strong. The room, was smaller than the Mandarin Oriental and definitely not as impressive. Infact our friends had stayed at Pullman Hotel Studio in Jakarta and I found that room much better and a clear value for money option. The bath tub had issues as I could not switch to the tap option for the bath foam it kept going to the shower. I had asked if the hotel had a lufa which they did not.
As for the breakfast I chose to go to Scuzza instead of on the club floor and the whole ambience was very cozy, good for dinner but not to start your day. It was very dimly lit and the layout was spread over multiple places making it difficult to find things. The spread was not as extensive as Shangrila or Mandarin or marriott. The hot veg options were practically not there. Once you enter into Mandarin or Shangrila you have a staff member accompanying you and asking you for a drink and what we need, but here all this was clearly missing. I asked for the waffles and the chef started it but not once did he offer to have it sent to me. On the contrary he almost forgot that the waffles were for me and I had to ask again despite standing there. He could not cope with the crowd there. I requested for vegetarian mee goreng to be made and they said they could not, they gave me noodles with some veggies but no spices etc. Overall it was quite a let down. Even the fruit options were fairly limited. It was a business stay and you definitely expect hotels of this calibre to do the extra bit .I would say that while this is a comfortable hotel, but at this price point I think there are a lot more better options. Stay here if you get a really good deal and or it is very convenient in terms of your location. Having said that, the rooms are comfortable and clean. The quality is good but not excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear babla75,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service you received from the restaurant staff. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here two nights attending a conference. Overall acceptable for a short business stay.
The only disappointement was, I requested a king bed, non-smoking.
Guess what, I was assigned a twin bed room on a smoking floor. Sure, they always say subject to availability and claims the hotel was full. But in years of travelling such simple request has always been met.
And if you've been on a smoking floor, and you are a non-smoker, you know what I mean.
Service overall was ok as well though a bit more refinement would have elevated the service.
I typically like breakfast but somehow the offer here was not too appetizing.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear DDCHK,

Thank you for staying at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza during your business trip and providing us with your feedback. We are glad that you find our overall service to your liking.

We are sorry to hear that you didn’t get the room as you have requested. We believe our colleague has tried their best to accommodate as per your preference. However the hotel was running in high occupancy during that time and regretfully we were not able to accommodate your request as room preference is subject to availability.

In regards to the smoking floor, we provide ozoniser to reduce the smell since we understand how uncomfortable it is for non-smoker, however we are sorry if it is not up to your expectation.

We are very welcome with your constructive feedback and we will improve our service to serve you and our guests better.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to share your staying experience.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night in 2012 to write an exam.

Main reason to stay was to write a difficult exam that I felt the need to eliminate non-exam related stress (traffic, bfast, lunch). Book a club room and upgraded to studio suite upon arrival thanks to my ambassador status.

The room was spacious, with a sofa and glass coffee table that was instantly spread out with my study notes. The club lounge was great, I had he nitbits that I skipped dinner. Had to restrain my self from picking the wine glass offered and kept my nose to my summary book during the cocktail hours. Was really envious towards the three Norwegian guests who had their fourth round of wine *sigh*

I had the bfast in the lounge as well. Was too nervous to have bfast so the yummy green tea and banana saved my morning. The bfast spread looks great though. Before I went to the exam hall I ordered my sup buntut to arrive at 12:15 pm as I had only an hour for lunch during the exam break. I went to the lounge at 12:20 and the oxtail soup was ready. As my friend was in tow, I ordered an extra sup buntut and the additional order was filled in just 10 mins. Met my hubby at the lounge at 5 after the exAm as he'd checked out the room. The lounge staff kindly offered me an iced tea which was very very much welcomed after battered by 6 hour exam

All in all, the service the hotel gave me during the one night stay helped me reduce the logistical stress.

I will likely book your property again in June for another exam as I passed the last one

So, I am satisfied with this hotel. Although I still haven't received my ambassador weekend certificate. But this is not the hotel's fault. This is ambassador problem (I joined amb in sept, and haven't received the cert)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank safircraze
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear safircraze,

Thank you for your support towards InterContinental Hotels Group especially InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza and congratulations you have passed the exam!

We are very delighted that you have enjoyed your last stay with us and we could contribute to reduce your stress levels for your exams with our facilities and services.
Thank you for your compliments over the room, food, club facilities and our services to your liking.

On your next visit, we would like to suggest our “Daily Market Express Lunch” for a quick set lunch at Scusa. Located on the Lower Ground, Deli also offers the new Asian noodles as well as “create your own” pasta for more menu selection.

In regards to the ambassador weekend certificate, please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Relations Officer for further assistance. It is our pleasure to assist you by contacting our Ambassador Centre for the update status.

Once again, thank you for your valuable and positive feedback and we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel in June 2013.