“good housekeeping, fast check in, real privacy, nice breakfast”

AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA
Ranked #41 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Salatiga, Indonesia
“good housekeeping, fast check in, real privacy, nice breakfast”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

it was my 4th times staying in this beautiful hotel. I always feel comfortable in this hotel.
Fast check in
Housekeeping staffs in this hotel always make fast responses
Your privacy is prioritized by this hotel

Breakfast :
Very good croissants, you could find wholewheat croissants,
various kind of raw honey,
dim sum was very ok

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Junsurya,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback and your continuous patronage towards InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

We are glad that the breakfast was to your liking and you also had a comfortable stay. Most of all, thank you for your compliments over our attentive Housekeeping team.

We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Concepcion, Chile
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have stayed twice in this hotel, and is one of the best hotels Ive ever been. The basics: Great Rooms, great bed, working internet cable and wifi, great food, good location.
Depending on the traffic that is simply horrible it will take you average 1 hour from the airport, the surroundings has not much to see if you want to do a short walk. There is a starbucks half block away and a shopping mall close, but bassically your are in the middle of the financial district so there isnt much going on. But if your working, you dont need to go out, cause you have it all inside .The gym is completely good for any need, machines are new and have a great view, also with a clean and working sauna and steam room. The spa is also great and I dont think too pricy considering that you are inside an Intercontinental. I got a greta rate for executive floor that I recomend, and had breakasta at the top floor, wich is good but with a small range of options, still pretty good and nice cause is not crowded. One morning I went to Java for the buffet breafast and I was dissapointed, is crowded, the service is not nice, maybe because is too crowded people are running so they are not that nice and the food even if it has a greater range of options is very different (in a bad way) compared with last year, this year was not good at all, I better stay at the executive loung for breakfast.

1 Thank JibberChile
Dear JibberChile,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback and your continuous patronage towards our hotel.

It is certainly one of our hotel strength that the hotel is conveniently located within the pulse of the city’s thriving central business, commercial district.

We are very happy to receive your compliments over the rooms and SPA InterContinental.

We sincerely apologise for the shortfall of service you experience in regards to having breakfast in Java Restaurant. We had forwarded your comments to our culinary team in regards to the breakfast variety as they strives to give the best to our guests to improve the variety of food.

Once again, thank you for taking the time on letting us know your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Jakarta.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

No wonder the rates are so cheap compared with the other 5 star establishments in Jakarta. This place reminds me of the early 2000's as it sure feels that way. Time for an upgrade mr el cheapo-nental.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank YewMing
Dear YewMing,

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know your feedback.

We would like to take this opportunity to share with you the hotel’s current refurbishment updates. We are delighted to inform you that as part of our ongoing efforts to update and refresh the guest rooms and meeting rooms, the hotel had undergone room refurbishment on some floors of the hotel and meeting rooms in Lower Ground level and Mezzanine level. In addition to that we are planning a renovation in our Java Restaurant and Pool area starting 1st quarter 2013.

We believe that Jakarta is a dynamic city that continues to evolve and it is vital for us to keep abreast with all the changes that are going on around us.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sedro Woolley, Washington
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My stay at the InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza was very pleasant with no issues. All the staff were quite helpful and very accommodating. Unfortunately, I forgot my laptop in my room when I checked out. I was at the airport, ready to board my plane for another country, when I realized my laptop was missing. I quickly called the hotel and asked them to retrieve my laptop and DHL it to me in the next country. The whole process encompassed one week, due to DHL not delivering laptops with batteries, unless there is a special letter from the computer company. The InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza continued to communicate with me daily as to the progress of my laptop's delivery. The entire concierge staff was courteous and "went the extra (thousands of) miles" for me. I will happily stay there again.

1 Thank Rebecca W
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Rebecca W,
Thank you very much for providing us with your positive feedback. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful and very accommodating.

We had shared your comments to our staff and on behalf of our staff we would like to thank you for the recognition as well as the compliments given to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Well trained very helpful staff. Modern faculties. Comfortable room. Nothing really I could fault the hotel on.

Staffing business centre very good and concierge knew his city very well when assisting with dinner reservations.

• Stayed October 2012
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear SYDNEY_TRAVELS2012,

Thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

We are delighted to hear that our staff and facilities to your liking.

At InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza we would like to ensure that our guests has a memorable and authentic experience, where our Concierge team plays a big role to this.

On your next visit, they will be ready to share their local insights for choosing the best store for you to purchase gifts or arranging private visits to Jakarta’s cultural sights.

We look forward to welcoming you back at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

Balikpapan, Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Had a short 2 day stay in Jakarta and was impressed with our stay at the Intercontinental, my wife and I were on the Club level where our accommodation was relaxing and allowed us to relax and for me to be productive with work when I needed to. Dendy in the Club was very attentive and was able to track us down (Don't know how he did it) to update us on a Movie he thought we would enjoy and was always very engaging and swithced on.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Club level
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cliveee
Dear cliveee,

Thank you for your positive review and compliments for our employee Dendy.

We are very happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and that our employee Dendy was attentive to assist you. It is certainly our aim that our employees go the extra mile to exceed expectations.

Based on your comments Dendy has also been recognised by our management.

We hope to welcome you back to InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is my first time to stay at this facilities in Jakarta. I normally stay at the Shangri la hotel, but this time i just need a change. I am a ambassador member for the intercontinental hotel so it is normally my prefered hotel everywhere if the location is convenient for business.

Intercontinental hotel in Jarkarta is in business district although this area, you can expect really big traffic jam which is the only i hate about this hotel. But i guess, it wont be much different if you are staying at other big hotels , Jarkarta traffic is just a nightmare now.

The room is quite nice with comfortable bed and nice bathroom, although a bit small.
The club lounge breakfast has very little choices so if you are staying at the club floor, it may better to get breakfast at the restuarant downstair.

the gym is reasonably equipped, although i think the free wieghts are limited for those that are regular gym goers.

staff was nice, and polite.

Overall, i think it is up to the Intercontinental hotel standard !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Sombatbkk,

Thank you for your recent stay and your feedback. We are delighted to hear that our employees were friendly and polite.

In regards to the Club Lounge breakfast has a little variety of food, kindly be informed that our Club Lounge only serves Continental breakfast with few a la carte dishes for Club guests to experience the privileges of exclusivity. For guests to indulge full breakfast buffet, we recommend Java Restaurant.

Therefore we offer our Club guests a choice to have breakfast in Club Lounge or in Java Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you again in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.