“recommended”

AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA
Ranked #36 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I found this hotel is great, especially if compare to other hotel on the same "class" in Jakarta. The room is spacious, the bathroom is great, with bathtub and separate shower room. The also offer pillow menu as Intercontinental hote standard. I like the city view from the room. The breaksfast is good with a lot of variety. Overall I will recommend this hotel to any traveller in Jakarta.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear DindaFreeTime,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay and found our facilities, pillow menu and breakfast to your liking.

On your next visit, we would like to recommend you to try our SPA InterContinental. Depending on your needs, we have selection of massages and health treatments to ease the strain of a busy day.

We look forward to welcoming you back in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel regularly in the last year, because it is next door to my office. However I have realized that the Internet service has deteriorated badly, to the point where I give up trying to connect - whether by wifi or cable. Also the food in the main restaurant as a buffet is not very innovative and changes very little, so I increasingly seek out external restaurants. Whilst the overall facilities are fine, especially the gym, I sense that service standards have started to slip.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BrianML

Dear BrianML,

Thank you for your continuous support towards InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza and for taking your time to share your staying experience.

In regards to the internet service and our buffet varieties, we are sorry to hear the shortfall of service you have experienced. During your stay, we have encountered disruption on the internet connection, thus caused the connection to be slow or inconsistent. In the meantime the internet services have been restored. The situation you had encountered is certainly not the usual high standards of our hotel, and we very much appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention.

In regards to your comment on our service standards we would appreciate if you could be more specific so we can address the issue(s) and improve accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I went to Java restaurant last week, and had lunch with my friends. Eventually, they are having Thailand Promotion this month. 2 thumbs up for the food, especially for the special tom yam soup. We enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Elinar P,

Thank you for your recent visit to Java Restaurant and for your compliments over the food during the Thailand Promotion.Taste of Thailand will be available until end of September 2012.

On the next culinary promotion, Java Restaurant will invite 2 Chefs from InterContinental Bali Resorts to prepare an authentic Balinese food valid from October 29, 2012 to November 30, 2012.

Once again, thank you for sharing your dining experience. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Java Restaurant.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I switched hotels for a change of scene as I had been in Jakarta for a month. It's close to the biggest shopping mall in Jakarta and way less busy than the other hotel I stayed at. In the morning there was nobody walking around waiting for cabs etc. very peaceful. The pool is very nice as is the buffet dining room. I stayed in the club level and got free happy hour. Girls in horizon level not as pretty as other intercontinental hotels (haha, I'm a pig, I know, but they actually have strict standards in other hotels I'm told). The bar downstairs is fun for watching the expats take home rentals for the evening. Bad was pretty good too. They have a nice open lobby as well and club level gives you the upgraded amenities.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank luvtotravel2006

Dear luvtotravel2006,

Thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza and your compliment over the hotel and its facilities.

Our hotel is strategically located near the business centre and entertainment area. The Club InterContinental offers more privileges and added benefits than the normal guest rooms and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed it.

On your next visit, we are delighted to recommend our One Bedroom Suite which is popular among our long staying guests since the guest room has the living room as well as the kitchen.

We certainly hope that InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza will be your preferred choice for accommodation on your return trips to Jakarta.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The experience must have made me so angry that I even bother to write my first review here. We are a family of 4 (with 2 small children). This is our 2nd stay at the Intercontinental Midplaza and this time we stayed for 3 nights. At first, I was a bit hesitant of spending 3 nights with the kids here but went ahead with my hubby's choice of staying at the Intercontinental Midplaza. The room is small and dated and breakfast was nothing great!
The incident happened on my last stay during our breakfast. The waitress who was at the entrance of the restaurant showed us our table and asked if our kids eat free for their breakfast yesterday in which I said 'Yes'. Then, another waiter who was clearing our table asked the waitress in front of me "how old is his age?" and then he turned to me with a gloomy face and asked me the same question? I told him that I already told the waitress! Then with his snobbish look he walked away and talked briefly to his friend. I was appalled by his attitude! When I am back to my table, my hubby then told me that another waiter out of nowhere had come with a bill and tried to charge my son's breakfast without our knowledge. If they were to charge breakfast for my son, all of us would gladly walk away as we were already sick of their breakfast by the 3rd day. At this time, I was fuming mad. I tried to find out the name of the waiter with the bad attitude on his name tag but he was not wearing one????
So before I left the breakfast room, I confronted the waiter and asked for his name, He told me that his name is Ero or Aro. At this moment, he must have been shocked and guilty for showing me the attitude that he asked me if I wanted a hot chocolate for my son to appease me and of course I said 'No!' as it was too late! I asked him why must he asked the waitress in front of me and then asked me again the same question and finally a bill came to insist that my son should pay for his breakfast! He explained that he was the cashier the previous day and was trying to tell the waitress that my boy eats free yesterday?? Very illogical explanation since he was the one creating it! Anyway, I didn’t want to hear his explanation further and ignored him!
The incident left us humiliated making us feel that we are a beggar trying to get a free meal! Even my hubby agreed that he made a big mistake in choosing this hotel making me very unhappy! He might have done a 'good job' in increasing the restaurant revenue by humiliating us but you will never get us back to stay! Mandarin Oriental is so much better, look no further.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Yenny s
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Yenny s,

Firstly, may we offer you our sincere apologies for the inconveniences and the embarrassing situation you and your family have faced during your stay in our hotel. The situation you had encountered is certainly not the usual high standards of our hotel, and we very much appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention.

We have apprised fully of the incidents and please rest assured that the staff concerned has been counseled and corrective training has been put in placed including retraining the staff on the standards in order to avoid such a lapse in the future.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we sincerely hope that you would accept our sincere apologies. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza for your future travel needs so that we may have the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

As expected from an Intercon hotel, the interiors and service were excellent. Breakfast on the Club Floor (top floor) was a great experience. Pity that I had to rush to work every day..... Due to the Jakarta traffic, the location was the reason I chose the hotel. It was right next to where I had to go for meetings. And, as it turned out, there some real nice restaurants walking distance from the hotel. I didn't try the hotel restaurants this time, but the lounge cafe was pretty nice. I plan to return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
InterConJakarta, Customer Care at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Uttarakhandi,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to let us know your feedback. We are glad to hear that you were happy with our service and facilities.

It is certainly one of our hotel strength that the hotel is strategically located.

On your next visit, try our Italian Restaurant Scusa where you can indulge authentic Italian cuisine. The open kitchen rotisserie and charcoal grill are the main features of Scusa’s Kitchen. Combine with freshest products and ingredients such as special homemade pasta and imported seafood will ensure perfection in every dish.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Perhaps one of the better Intercontinental hotels around, this property has large rooms, clean and very comfortable. Service is mediocre by world standards, but it's facilities are wonderful. Bathroom nice and clean, strong water pressure and bar fridge well stocked. If I am not mistaken, Internet access is FREE. Many restaurants on site, which I could have sampled (but didn't) but instead learnt how to get to the main shopping centers nearby for some retail therapy and food.

Room service meals are also pretty good .. Expected of this 5 star property I suppose.

There's something to be said about the heavy presence of security: from vehicle scanning at the property entrance, to bag and body scans at the building entrance.

We also walked to a nearby complex for meals: a strong recommendation Ito try some of the local meals nearby. It is truly a wonderful experience.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear hanra,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very happy to receive your compliments over our facilities.

In order to provide a safe and secure environment we take security seriously to provide a safe and secure environment for our guest at all times.

It is certainly one of our hotel strength that we are conveniently located within the pulse of the city’s thriving central business, commercial district and in close proximity to an array of entertainment possibilities.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.