Intercontinental hotels in Jakarta, Singapore, Hanoi, Thailand desperately need an upgrade and modernization plan. The hotel and it's rooms are so dated and tired.
Back to Intercon Jakarta. Here is what went wrong:
1) got my name wrong from the reservation. But I'm quite used to this as they have never gotten my name right. Either my first name is used as my last name or my 'middle' name is used as my last name but never my actual last name. Despite numerous requests for them to correct the system is still persists. This time they managed to give me an entirely new name. My name was misspelled! Which means somebody else stayed there I guess!
2) because they got my name wrong, I couldn't access the internet... And had to eventually get myself down to front desk to clarify the situation.
3) the room was falling apart. Lights weren't working. Both bedside tables were literally broken from its wall mount. It was dangling there. The safe looked like somebody had tried to rip it out from it's mount (the shelf it was bolted to was falling apart and it had one bolt fastened which meant that you could swivel it around the remaining bolt), airconditioning was noisy, pillows were so hard and bulky. FYI, I stayed in one of their suites.
4) check in procedure. The receptionist did not understand English well. She looked and sounded lost most of the time. This was echoed by my colleagues who had their transport reservations and bills messed up by the same lady upon check out.
5) the telephone system was wonky. I dialed the 'instant service' button to get an ironing board and iron but was redirected to an external Internet help desk line. The hotel later tried to charge me for a local call to which they described was for Internet help desk. Why in the world would you charge yrour customers for trying to use the internet service (which isn't free!)???
Other than the fact that this place is 2 mins away from my office, I would never stay here again nor would I recommend anybody else to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5-star luxury hotel is strategically located in the heart of Jakarta's business and commercial district in the Sudirman and Thamrin area. It is convenient to shopping malls such as Plaza Indonesia and other attractions in the city centre. The hotel lends itself to corporate events, conferences and weddings with an extensive array of meeting facilities, complemented by elegant guest rooms and stylish restaurants. InterContinental Jakarta also offers a luxury spa and modern fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda, Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Jakarta Midplaza Hotel Jakarta