“First Class Service”

AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA
Ranked #38 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several times in the last year for business. I am a loyal member of the Priotity Club and generally use ICH group hotels whenever possible. The level of service I have repeatedly received from all of the staff, particularly in the club lounge, is really second to none. The rooms are extremely comfortable with good (and not noisy) A/C. If you use the Bluebird taxi to or from from the airport the charge will be less than $20. A very nice hotel with attentive staff.

Room Tip: Join and use the Prioirty Club scheme. Accumulating points is easy and soon you will benenfit from f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ICJkt, Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Sandy B,

We are glad that you had become a loyal member and found the hotel service to your liking.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I came here because of the promotion of priority club. Was upgraded to a corner suite as a VIP member. The king bed is very comfortable. I have such a good sleep that I slept until almost 11 am every morning.

Pro:

1. There are two Japanese restaurants down stairs. One of them that sells grilled skewer has very good value for lunch special. The food is very tasty. The Deli downstairs also looks nice. The mall next door also has nice restaurants. There is a Starbucks and a bakery store there. It feels cozy and is very clean. They are that kind of restaurants where you would love to spend several hours with friends even from western standard. I think these two places really add value to the hotel. If you are a business traveler and need to stay in the hotel for a long time, you will appreciate easy of access to these restaurants. Since there is really not much to see for tourists, I went to Ritz for an afternoon tea. I think IC is better than Ritz from a practical point of view. If you stay at Ritz, you will always have to call a cab to go out for dinner.

If you are going to the mall for food, the Japanese restaurant on second floor is very good. $4 for a set either for lunch or dinner. They are half price of other big malls such as Grand Indonesia but their food is as good and staff are very friendly.

2. As I said, the king bed is very comfortable. I don't know what other room is like. But my suite has marble floor in bathroom. Also marble floor before closet area.

I can't think of other cons. It is a typical five-star. For the mentioned maintenance noise, it's actually not all that bad. I am sensitive to noise, but I don't feel bothered at all. It's not continued noise, just occassional small sounds, and they didn't come often, didn't bother my sleep, and most of the time I am not aware of it. I often stayed in the room until 2 or 3 pm in the day and I don't feel there is a maintenance going on.

About taxi, it's really cheap. about US$3 by blue bird to go to Grand Indonesia mall. Many places can be reached within US$5. One thing to note is that you can get a taxi faster just by going to the street outside the hotel. There is plenty of them. If you wait outside hotel lobby, they will need to call the cab and you will have to wait until the cab comes.

Another reminder: I paid about US$10 for a blue bird from the hotel to the international airport. However, when I just arrived, the silver bird counter charged me almost US$40 (mercedes benz) to go to the hotel. I later find that actually you can go to something like bluebirdgroup.com to get reservation. You can have inquiries and get a quote that probably is more satisfactory.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you can.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank happyvaio
ICJkt, Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear happyvaio,

Thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza. We are glad that you found our bed is comfortable and the surrounding restaurants to your liking. The hotel location is certainly one of our hotel strength, which strategically located within the central business district and close to an array of entertainment possibilities.

We certainly hope that InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza will be your preferred choice for accommodation on your return trips to Jakarta.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stopping by for 1 night after having event there.. everything was good.. too bad, cannot swimming there coz of my tight time.. either the bed wass that good, or am i to tired, but i love the room, having bathtub time also.. sleep well

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Dear Inlycampbell,

Thank you for sharing your staying experience at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to your liking.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future and you will have extra time to experience the swimming pool.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I had a good time staying at InterContinental Jakarta during the weekend. The room is elegant, spacious, and comfortable. The food is great, but most of all, I just love the spa. My favourite treatment is the pearl detox, which can you can immediately see the result after the treatment. Location wise, it is located in the the centre of Jakarta yet when you are stucked with 3 in 1 or car free day over the weekend, you can easily access it using another route. It is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Dear Msemuel,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback and your continuous patronage towards our hotel. We are glad that you found our room is spacious and comfortable and you like the food and our spa.

It is certainly one of our hotel strength that the hotel is conveniently located within the pulse of the city’s thriving central business, commercial district and in close proximity to an array of entertainment possibilities.

We look forward to welcoming you again in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I am a frequent international traveler and I strongly recommend that you do not stay at this hotel. This hotel hosts many weddings and the noise from the parties and blasting techno music is unbearable. The events do not end until 5 am. Apparently this is a normal time for the parties to end, as I was told by the management, but this an unacceptable time to be kept awake for other guests. The management was extremely argumentative when I reported the noise which was surprising since the entire group of colleagues I was traveling with reported the incident. My colleagues on the 4th floor, all the way to the 12 floor, could hear the music. Additionally, construction is taking place at this hotel, which began around 8 am on a Sunday. This gave us less than 3 hours to sleep. If the wedding events were not a regular occurrence and the management was kinder and less confrontational, I would possibly consider recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank hibariSanFrancisco
ICJkt, Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Hibari,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the incident and problems you have encountered in our hotel.

You are correct in mentioning that we host many weddings during the year and we are proud of being one of the leading wedding venues in Jakarta for couples getting married.
All our weddings usually take place in the ballroom on the first floor, but on this occasion we have made an exception and we allowed the party to be continued on the 2nd floor in our Scusa Restaurant.

Based on your feedback and others during that weekend, we have decided not to allow these ‘extension’ parties in our Restaurant anymore. As mentioned, the ballroom is located on the first floor and has sound proven walls and therefore no noise will be heard in the guests rooms.

And in our efforts to upgrade the guest facilities, we are renovating our guests rooms on the 3rd floor until mid March 2012.

However, please be advised that the heavy noise work is almost completed and we have also changed the working hours during weekend from 10:00 am onwards.

We do apologise for the shortfall of service you experienced and mismanagement during that night and we will ensure this does not happen again.

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me through email to ayleen.tjandra@ihg.com, so I can personally look after your reservation arrangements.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

It was an absolute joy staying in the Intercontinental Jakarta at Midplaza for only two days! My room was elegant, beautiful and laid out in such a practical layout which help me remain organized during my stay. Loved the bathroom! The breakfast was wonderful, with a variety of my favorite foods. I will never forget my trip to Indonesia because of the highlight of staying in your luxurious hotel! Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
ICJkt, Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza, we are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to your liking.

Prissilia Pangemanan
Director of Public Relations

Reviewed January 30, 2012

For over 5 years I have been staying in Intercontinental Jakarta at Midplaza, and quality has been relatively constant. Good news, because it gives business travellers assurance. Friendly staff (sometimes a bit slow, but just to ensure the guest is well-treated) willing to accommodate your wishes. Very helpful people and professionals who can get you anywhere in Jakarta conveniently for business travels etc.

From the hotel one has good access to the small shops and restaurants in the basement at Midplaza. One of my favorite places for manicure/pedicure is Blossomnails at Shop #21, small and very friendly people giving you a great treatment for a very low price. Next door is a very handy small supermarket.

Easy to reach the Central Business District, Bursa Effek Indonesia and many other HQ buildings. Good taxi services.

Love the Club Rooms and the Club area; truly VIP-characteristics and check-in desk.

Room Tip: Book standard rooms as they are good enough. Upon arrival, if available get yourself upgraded to the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank asr50

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback and your continuous patronage towards our hotel. We are glad that you found our staff friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you again in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

Prissilia Pangemanan