“If you love food, You'll love Negev”

Negev Gastronomy & Art
Ranked #1,036 of 7,766 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Design, Art, Music, Wine and Cuisine, NEGEV puts luxury into everything. Euphoria to all of one's senses in a stunning venue where the guests can escape the intensity of Jakarta.
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you love food, You'll love Negev”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I dont know why it took me for a while to write review for NEGEV. I've been here several times since 2012.

Well, I love food and l travel for food, only in Negev I dare to try their menus in different visits.

Based on what's the staffs told me, they are now a Mediteranian food, yes! I saw lots of variety of the food when the last time i visited there last week.

The tapas, caramelos. OH MY GOD!! 1 or 2 bites is not enough!!
I HEARD THE CHEF IS GOIN TO PUBLISH MORE TAPAS MENU!! cant wait to go back there!! ;p

Most favorite thing (several :p) :
1. Grilled white Sea Bass >> SERIOUSLY!! not so many restaurants in Jakarta serves Grilled White Seabass, there are, but it taste funky in a bad way. in NEGEV... ohh,, its just so damn amazing, how it cooked and served, its just melted in my mouth. SO PERFECT! doesnt make me so full

2. Malfatti >> honestly, this is the 1st time i tried a pasta called Malfatti. LOOVVEE IITT!!

3. Beef Burger >> the best in town. Ok, there are many big tasty burgers in town, but I am talking about teh quality the size is just an additional. BEST BURGER IN TOWN!! >> even my cousins from Sydney said so!

Tempted mouth watery desserts!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the virgin mojito and also lemon lime tequila beer!

Definitely will be back.

Some people said its so expensive, my opinion.. NO ITS NOT! It is pricey, indeed. but, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank LydWid

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Artistic & Great Wagyu Steak..”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Like the decoration so artistic...Wagyu steak grade 5 is recommend..although I'd like to try the grade 9..(with the unbelievable price around 1 milliion rups) :).spaghetti carbonara so yummy..like to see how they serve the Tiramisu and Negev Choco Bar...I would love to go back ...

• Visited January 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Yummy food, yummy ambience!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fish that melted in my mouth, and beef that took no extra effort to chew.
Nice presentations of the food, too!
That's a good start.
Mixed drinks were great, ambience was awesome. Not too bright, not too dimmed that you can't see your food.
Will try to go back for lunch.

• Visited February 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Enjoyed a business lunch”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I enjoyed a simple business lunch with the team in Jakarta. The food was simple and portions not too large for a lunch sitting with an afternoon and evening of work awaiting me. I had the lamb which was well prepared. The vegetables did have too much sauce as did the salad but it was good and the staff were friendly and attentive. Access in Jakarta traffic was easy and I'd go back.

• Visited February 2013
“Beautiful ambience with superb food and amazing cocktails”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

First time I stepped my feet in this resto I felt like I'm in a gallery, not in a restaurant.. All the art pieces re beautiful and placed well organized like in a gallery. I chose to sit near the bar area since there's this beautiful sculpture on the wall of the bar.. When I asked the waiter about the best food they have, the waiter explained it well and gave me several selections from grill, pasta and eastern food.. He knows the products well.. And also the drinks.. I met the mixologist, mr. Daniel Alexander.. He's super friendly and chatty.. And he made my Negev mojito by him self..
I always thinks if the mojito of a resto/bar is nice then they have a very good taste of other drinks.. And yessss Negev def. has it..
I came on Friday and the DJ played some old school tracks that brought my memory back to the good old times.. It just made my Friday ... Perfect..
So yeaaa, Negev is a very nice place to go... Just like what Carrie Bradshaw on sex and the city always says " me likey" :)