“Bad experience: charged for items not ordered and”
Review of Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky
Ranked #2 of 23 Nightlife in Jakarta
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Went to Lucy for drinks to celebrate a birthday. It was a TERRIBLE experience. Drinks took forever to come and service was bad. Nonetheless, because it was a birthday, we continued to drink, albeit, slowly. When the bill came, we were being charged for drinks that we did not order and definitely did not drink. However, the bartender insisted we ordered and drank them and promptly called security. After being hassled both verbally and PHYSICALLY PUSHED by the security, I noticed that there were a few shots sitting on the bar. The bartender had not only mistakenly assumed we were had ordered more drinks, he had placed them on the bar a couple meters from where we were having our drinks. Ultimately, even after trying to reason with the bartender, manager, and security, they would not let me leave until I paid for the remaining drinks which had "disappeared".
Beyond this bad experience, I can share a few other points regarding Lucy:
1. It's hot. It's outdoors, so that's fresh, but I can't stay long because of discomfort
2. The sofa/beds are always damp
3. The paying for your bill takes forever. If you can, pay with exact change, because getting your change take 10-15minutes.
I can safely say, I will never go back to this establishment.

3  Thank edjakarta
There are newer reviews for Lucy in the Sky

Reviewed October 9, 2013

First, for the foods and drinks I think average, nothing really special about them. But the place. I can say, its one of a kind. They set a spacious outdoor and semi outdoor seatings, with a unique furnitures, love them so much. The ambience of the restaurant is very rustic, like you're hanging out in a cool retro garage. Also love the music, very selected. And when they hold an event, this place turned into a fun outdoor dance space. Try to come around 5-8 PM, you can still feel a bit sun also the sky changes into dark.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Food is so-so. Cocktails are ok. Staff is judgemental on how you dress/look, I think you'll be fine if you're a bule (expat). You got two hours on a table, after that you have to spend at least IDR 300.000 per person to secure your table. With a so-so food and an ok cocktails, definetely not worth the price. And it is only on the second floor of humid poluted jakarta. So many other place to hangout and chill in this crazy city.

1  Thank Tessi A
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I like that its on a roof top and enough space for dancing.
Crowd though was quite young, most likely students.
Music was superb for dancing.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Well, i surprised to found bad review below ..
in fact i guess lucy in the sky is a good place to chill out on friday or saturday night.]
the place is really nice, they have a very unique atmosphere which is vintage.
they are using vintage attributes to support their theme, like old radio, tables, chairs, and even lamp. its located on second floor, and its actually outdoor. the best thing about this place is the music and the drinks. i tried their food once, and it wasn't bad.
but i suggest you to just have a drink and just chill out there.
it is just really nice place to chill out with your friends !!

1  Thank Werry O