“Authentic Indonesian Fare”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have frequented this restaurant a few times now. It is located right above the front lobby atrium of Plaza Senayan, accessible only by two winding stairs.
There's a huge array of local dishes, I have not tried them all, but for those I have tried, they have not disappointed me. Going in a big group will naturally allow you to try more dishes, but nonetheless, they have complete rice dishes available too. i have tried Nasi Liwet, Nasi Bogana, all yummy. Their soups are tasty, especially the Iga Asem. Tahu Telor is also great if you like beancurd.
Prices are very reasonable, and for that reason, we tend to order more than we can stomach, but
that was a pleasure!!
They do come around with a local dessert tray before your main meal, tell you its best to order
lest it runs out. I always fall into their trap, and sometimes end up dishing into their yummy
Combro( a savoury puff, not sure why this is on the dessert tray), Kue Lopis(glutinous rice cakes
covered in coconut and served with palm sugar), and Klopon( palm sugar poppers:-)), even
before my meal arrives. You may ask them to keep the desserts aside till you are done with your
meal.
Coffee is not worth ordering. Two visits and coffee took ages to come, and really not worth the
drama.
Service is decent, depending on whether you get the right waiter or waitress, they should strive
for some consistency here
I would visit this rstaurant for its food authenticity and decent prices.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went there with a group of friends. We were early so we basically had the place for ourselves. I was very impressed with the selection of the menu. Sayur Bunga Pepaya I had was top notch, and the Gurame rica-rica fish was very hot yet so beautiful. We stayed there for a few hours, the staff was attentive and helpful. I was happy to see the bill too, having previously ate at Tesate where everything was so overpriced, Remboelan offered a better value for money at equally great location and ambience. I will definitely go back again with friends and family.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

located on the 3rd floor of the upscale Plaza Senayan, Remboelan is popular with the locals. it has a cosy atmosphere. the range of dishes of food is extensive, and the comprehensive menu with pictures helps in one's selection. whilst I found the dishes a little bland and not as spicy as I've been accustomed to, I thought the desserts and blended colourful drinks stood out. Service is efficient, and prices are reasonable. Recommended

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Remboelan is a family restaurant and located in Plaza Senayan, one of Jakarta’s upscale shopping malls.

In my opinion, its signature dishes are Dendeng balado (crispy thinly sliced beef with traditional Padang-style chili), sweet beef satay and spicy and Asem-asem iga (sour beef ribs soup).

The price is reasonable. It was worth to dine in.

Remboelan has circular shape of the location, which sits on the top level of Plaza Senayan and up on the ceiling, murals of lush green tropical forests lend a nice and relaxing ambience to the place.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The main focus here is food, 'authentic' Indonesian food.
Having it in a nice, upper-middle scale setting is a good bonus.

Good selection and the dishes themselves were made well and true enough to make it 'authentic'.

Place
Atmosphere and place was nice, unique upper-middle scale setting located on the 4th floor with an open concept overlooking part of the 3rd floor.
The open concept, though was nice, unfortunately bought a couple of unwanted guests (namely flies, but very seldom ... just don't order seafood if you dont want any flies coming your way, but what are the chances of that, you not ordering any seafood).

Very friendly and accommodating, and knowledgeable.

Price
Reasonably well priced.

Anyone wanting a taste of Indonesian food, in a nice setting, I highly recommend this place.