“One of my favourites” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“One of my favourites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The team tries very hard to make first time visitors as well as frequent guests feel at home. The hotel is well run, has some innovative customer service ideas (late check out, welcome pressing for 2 items in arrival free of charge, customised stationery with the guest's name...), and has well equiped and tasteful ( this is subjective of course ) rooms.
I can recommend without hesitation!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear DXB_Mike

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stays with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy the personal touches that we provide to all of our guests.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next stay with us.

Best wishes

Giles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Travelling Aussie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Keraton, and I have to say, I loved my stay, with only one exception, that did disappoint me considering the quality of everything else.

Firstly the positives... The service was second to none! I help like a VIP from the moment I arrived, until I left a couple of days later! The location is brilliant to access restaurants and shops, as it is connected to Plaza Indonesia.

The rooms are magnificent, and even when I had a little leak from my A/C in the roof, it was fixed within 30 mins. The bathrooms in even their base level rooms need to be seen to be believed!

The only thing that stopped me rating this hotel a 5, was the pool area. For a hotel of this quality (and price!), the pool area is an embarrassment. I saw 4 different guests walk in, and scoff and walk out in the 30 mins I was there. The pool is shallow and indoors. It is also facing the restaurant as you enter the pool, so those eating breakfast can watch you start your swim. The pool was ice cold too! The final piece of disappointment came when I saw the 'residents' pools, they looked amazing.

I've stayed at the Kempinski which is located just across the road a few times, and Keraton beats this hotel in terms of service and room quality (and that is an achievement), but the pool (including a bar) and gym and much much better. If there was any way for guests to use the residents pool, this review might have been a lot better!

Will I stay there again, I'm sure I will, but I'll miss my morning swims, as swimming at the Keraton is not pleasurable at all.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear BensAdventures

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and felt like a VIP.

We aim to ensure that all of our guests feel this way and so are delighted that we delivered this expereince for you.

I am sorry that you did not find the pool up to the standards that you would expect. I ackowledge that as our 15m pool is indoors that it may not meet all guests needs.

Please do let me know when you plan to return and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is 100% classy end to end from the moment you arrive to when you leave. Every time I stayed they upgraded me to a corner suite with a private butler who will literally do ANYTHING for you. Everybody in the hotel knows your name. The corner suite is among the nicest hotel rooms I've stayed in the world. The lobby is breathtaking in its simplicity, and the pool and gym are top notch. I recommend the Keraton to anybody coming to Jakarta!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Marc M

Thank you for your feedback on your rcent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had such an dnejoyable stay and that the butler delivered to your every need.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning to us and I will be delighted to assist you with your reservation.

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here twice and had wonderful experience twice.

The first stay was a month ago in a junior suite. There were a major problem and some smaller scale problems but they were resolved in a quite satisfactory manner. The room was surprisingly quiet as compared to rooms in mandarin oriental or grand hyatt. The bed was comfortable. The shower was most enjoyable. The automatic toilet was just ok as I have experienced better ones in hotel mulia and kempinsky grand indonesia; the odor in the toilet room was bad at times, mulia and kempinsky have automatic toilets too and they didn't have this problem. The amenities are wonderful. The internet connection was blazingly fast and stable.The breakfast was wonderful; there are quite a number of fresh made to order menu which tasted good and non generic. Everything from the fresh juices, danish, asian, eggs, and fruits was just perfect. Much better than grand hyatt's and kempinsky's. The location is strategic. The hotel is linked to plaza indonesia mall which is a huge convenience in terms of food and entertainment. The biz center was very representative and comfortable. Check in and out process was quick and effective. Oh, the define-your-own checkout time was a very nice touch.

The 2nd stay was just over the last weekend. This time I had my kids with me. Stayed in a grand deluxe room. The room was spacious and cozy. My wife and 2 sons had an enjoyable weekend. Breakfast was still wonderful and enjoyable. High tea was just unbelievably good. The friendliness and attention of the staffs were the best I have experienced. They were simply perfect, non invasive and yet still attentive whenever we needed them to be. Everything nice that I said before was still there. The only problem was the still the smell of the toilet room.

All in all, both of my stays had been enjoyable, productive, and simply amazing. My wife said a very true thing when I asked her opinion. She said Keraton made her feel at home. Its cozy, laid back, no feeling of being rushed at any time yet the service and quality of the staff was superb. We surely will be back here again, we heard the Saturday Sunday brunch is amazing...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Ferry K

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stays with us. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed the calm, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you had a challenge during one stay but happy to hear that we resolved the challenges that you faced quickly and effeciently.

We are indeed now offering Brunch on both Saturday and Sunday. Please do let me know when you would like to try the Brunch on Saturday and I will be delighted to help you with your booking.

I look forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

What must to say when everything truly just fine here?
Good location, room is huge with lovely bathtub and even the bathroom.
Male front line staff is seriously helpful and passionate in service.
A very nice stay with my beloved one, definitely will keep coming back here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 19Kay88

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had such a good stay and enjoyed our Jaxon baths and helpfulness of our associates.

it is great to hear that you will be returning to us. Please do let me know when you plan on doing so and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking personally.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Keraton is really nice hotel. I will recommand my friend to stay over here.All the stuff are very friendly.
We are Happy stay in this hotel.I guest in the future, i will book at this Hotel.
Location was really efficient for shopping and find out all the restaurant.

Room Tip: I like high ceiling room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear UPSET0913

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were friendly.

Please let me know when you plan on returning and I will be delighted to assist you personally with your booking.

SG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

few days before the travel, you will be surprised to receive an email from the hotel - asking your preferences by "the butler" arriving the hotel, you will be welcomed with great facade :) not the common ordinary concrete barricade you see in most of Jakarta hotels. And I love the smell at the lobby :) ALL the staff are friendly, check in was fast and to top it all... THE HOTEL ROOM was by far the best I have ever seen in Asia Pacific. It was a surprise and a delight. Room is huge, very nice lay out, personalised stationary (w/ your name), very clean, and furnitures and fixtures are modern style. The bed is comfy and big. Service is perfect. I was looking for any flaws but I cannot find any. I will surely be back in Jakarta in a few months for all these business trips... Every trip to Jakarta, I have been changing hotels as I was always dissatisfied. But from now on, if I travel to Jakarta I will definitely be back to Keraton. Keep up the good work. KUDOS to the management and staff!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear mich a

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

We aim to personalise a guests stay as much a possible and so it is pleasing to know that the service provided by the butler and the delivery of your personal prefences enhanced your enjoyment of the hotel.

Please do let me know when you return to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking.