“Perfect Weekend Getaway in the City”

Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #11 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed September 11, 2013

we really enjoyed the beuatiful weekend we spent in the Junior Suite there! it was really an experience to be remembered, everythig was perfect. in fact we were also allowed a very early check in at about 10.30 AM !!! and late check out at around 1.30 PM.

the room was huge, with very beautifully designed bathroom, and remote controlled curtain. the Food and cakes in both lounge and restaurant was very nice and there are huge varieties of menus available.

breakfast was superb, and i can say it was one of the best we ever had.

in short we really love it and hope we could come back again !!

Room Tip: Go for the Junior Suite
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teddy S
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Teddy S

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Junior Suite and benefitted from the hotel policy of Your Own Time allowing you to check in as early as you wish and check out as late as you wish at no additional charge.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning and I will be delighted to assist you personally with your booking.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

My first visit here was for the afternoon high tea. The space for the high tea is meticulously curated with fine artwork signifying Indonesian heritage, as is the rest of the hotel. Be sure to try the Godiva high tea. The experience was quite lovely, as the service was discreet and refined, amidst the hotel itself, which exudes an air of serene luxury at its best.

My second visit was for the spa, and I should not have had such high expectations. Before going to a new spa, I usually so my spa menu search online. The online spa menu is incorrect ao be sure you call ahead to see if the treatment you are interested in having will meet your expectations. The spa entrance is too spartan. The room itself is utilitarin, a feel much like Bulgari Lite with its monochromatic furnishings. Upon a tour of the facility I took notice that my treatment room was not similarly equipped or decorated as the others. The treatment itself was rendered valueless as the lacking ambience was just too evident to me. The facilities such as jacuzzi and sauna are of high caliber, but they really need to take lessons from the spa at Ritz-Carlton Pacific Place. There is a convenient entrance to the hotel from Plaza Indonesia extension, located next to Bakerzin.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear emaslat

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Godiva afternoon tea and the service that you received and that our position at Plaza Indonesia was convenient for you.

I am sorry to hear that you had a less favourable expereince that the spa. Our aim is to exceed our guests expectations at all times and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to do so.

I have reviewed your feedback with our spa team to ensure that we can continue to evolve the offering that we provide to our guests in this area.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning and I will be delighted to assist you with your bookings and meet you in person.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Staying with my family, we are really enjoy the hotel facilities, food and hospitality. Easy access to the mall.
Breakfast is good have many varieties of choice of food.
We stayed in 17th floor and had a good view when the night come.
Good job.

• Stayed: September 2013
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Edwinlk18

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our breakfast offering.

If you plan on retuning to Jakarta please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be delighted to assit you personally.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Delighted with overall stay with excellent service and humble staff with a good positive attitude manner.They were very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service. They also accept my special request and informed their teams to address me by my first name.Hats off for making my day.Thnks

Room Tip: corner suite are large and hv a beautiful city view facing jakarata building and home lights..
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear jingos5657

Thank you for your feedback on youe recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that the service you received exceeded your expectations and that our staff have such a good attitude.

I am pleased to hear that they used your first name when address you as per your request. Delivering against our guests personal requests and preferences is something that we work hard to achieve and it is rewarding to receive such feedback when we deliver this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to thehotel again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

As the title suggests, this property is well worth a visit!
It's beautifully appointed, modern by design with the intimate feel of a boutique hotel. Located next to Plaza Indonesia with an internal entrance it's easy to include a quick trip to the shops on your work trip!

I was upgraded to a suite which was very spacious. The room had natural light streaming through the floor to ceiling windows, a generous work desk and couch and arm chair in the living area. The bathroom was well laid out, double basins, generous shower with rain shower and hand held option also.

The staff from check in to dining to conceriege were extremely helpful, polite and welcoming. I dined in the restaurant at breakfast and lunch and the quality of the food was very good. If you need to stay in this part of Jakarta I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle C

Dear MIchelle C

Thank you for your feedback on youe recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed the design and intimate ambience that we have created in the hotel.

It is pleasing for all the team to hear that you enjoyed the services that they provided to you and that you liked the features of our rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is nice luxury Hotel located in the Heart of Jakarta. Rooms are large, modern and well appointed. Located adjacent to the Plaza that inter connects with the Hyatt its a great location. The breakfasts are great with bespoke smoothies and nice details to the serving of food. My Latte came with a cinnamon quill as the stirrer

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Robert J

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel.

We believe that the little touches are what make the difference to our guests experience and so pleased to hear that you also enjoyed some of these.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assit you personally with you booking.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel should be the benchmark for all hotels (especially 5 stars hotels) in Jakarta.
We love every aspect of it!
The room was huge (even the standard ones). A large floor to ceiling windows with Central Jakarta as it view.
The in-room facilities is top notch! I love all of it. The Iphone/Ipod charging + Sound system docking by Bose was the apple of my eyes, considering not many (maybe even none) hotels provide it. The 2 LCD TV can satisfied you or your couple's needs of entertainment. The bathroom was spacious with 2 person bath-tub and a rainforest shower. And the automatic toilet is very unique :)
The amenities was high class, including a top quality coffee maker (my favourite!)
The service is excellent also, with a personal butler (that can be contacted personaly to their BBM or Whatsapp), and a turndown service at night.
While we stayed there, they have a "Your own time" service, which mean we can check-in and check-out at anytime we like (based on room availability). Back then we cheked out at 4 pm, although we really want to spend as much time in the hotel and cheked out later that night :D

You can go to Plaza Indonesia and EX on foot via the hotel private passage.

All in all, everything this hotel has is Excellent!

Thank you for giving such a wonderful experience

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Biee C

Thank you for your feedback on the hotel. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It is extremely rewarding for the team to receive feedback such as this on the levels of service that we provide.

It is pleasing to know that you liked some of the extra expereices that we are building into the srvice that we deliver for our guests.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning to the hotel and I will be delighted to assit you personally with your booking.