“Simply the Best!”

Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #18 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel should be the benchmark for all hotels (especially 5 stars hotels) in Jakarta.
We love every aspect of it!
The room was huge (even the standard ones). A large floor to ceiling windows with Central Jakarta as it view.
The in-room facilities is top notch! I love all of it. The Iphone/Ipod charging + Sound system docking by Bose was the apple of my eyes, considering not many (maybe even none) hotels provide it. The 2 LCD TV can satisfied you or your couple's needs of entertainment. The bathroom was spacious with 2 person bath-tub and a rainforest shower. And the automatic toilet is very unique :)
The amenities was high class, including a top quality coffee maker (my favourite!)
The service is excellent also, with a personal butler (that can be contacted personaly to their BBM or Whatsapp), and a turndown service at night.
While we stayed there, they have a "Your own time" service, which mean we can check-in and check-out at anytime we like (based on room availability). Back then we cheked out at 4 pm, although we really want to spend as much time in the hotel and cheked out later that night :D

You can go to Plaza Indonesia and EX on foot via the hotel private passage.

All in all, everything this hotel has is Excellent!

Thank you for giving such a wonderful experience

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Biee C

Thank you for your feedback on the hotel. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It is extremely rewarding for the team to receive feedback such as this on the levels of service that we provide.

It is pleasing to know that you liked some of the extra expereices that we are building into the srvice that we deliver for our guests.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning to the hotel and I will be delighted to assit you personally with your booking.

There are newer reviews for Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel

Reviewed August 2, 2013

There is no doubt that this is THE hotel in Jakarta. I spent about 50 days a year in Jakarta, and do stay at this hotel as often as I can. The service sets a new standard in Jakarta. The butler service is not just a nice touch, it can really help getting things done. Especially having the Butlers on BBM and Whatsapp helps to contact them when you are at meetings or outside the hotel.

The rooms are also one of a kind. Even the standard rooms could qualify as suites if you compare the standard rooms of most Hotels in Jakarta.

And the best thing about it is, that it isn't overrun. The lounge is quite but cosy, so is the lobby. You never have the feeling of being rushed. There is a general calmness about this place when you enter, and it stays with you throughout the stay.

Location is also perfect. right in the middle of the city, connected to Plaza Indonesia, through which you can walk if you have meetings at the Hyatt or need to grab something from the mall as such.

Yes it might be a bit more pricy than some of the other hotels in town, but it is surely worth it. You don't just pay for a fancy name, you pay and get fantastic service, a great product and above all PRIVACY. I personally cannot ask for more.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing away from Sudirman (main street). Generally the sound isolation is good, but yo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mazebox
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Mazebox

Thank you for your feedback on the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed the service that we provide to our guests and inparticular the butler service that we have for all of our rooms.

Our aim is to create an environment to help you relax away from the bustle of daily life in Jakarta and I am delighted that you enjoyed this.

Please do let me know when you plan on retunring to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel on 7/1/2013. Excellent location tucked right behind the Plaza Indonesia, one of the upscale shopping malls in Jakarta. They have a private entrance thru the mall which makes it easier for guests to enter the mall to avoid getting out of the compound. It's about 100 meters from the famous HI round-about with its Welcome statue and the new Grand Indonesia shopping center.

If you don't feel like to shop at these two upscale malls, however, Thamrin City is about 5 minutes walk where you can really test your bargaining skill for some quality batiks, souvenirs, Muslim gears, or just a simple t-shirt.

Though it's located on a busy Thamrin street but upon entering the compound, you will feel that you are not in the City is at all. It was so quiet and secluded. I didn't see any heavy security presence here. They don't have an x-ray machine at the lobby either as in other major hotels in Jakarta. Do not expect a grand entrance as in Grand Hyatt or the Ritz Carlton Kuningan but it was nice and cozy nonetheless.

We really had a fabulous time at this hotel, though the kids really couldn't enjoy the pool because it's too deep for an 8 years old. The pool is also very small and not enough space to relax. The hotel is probably caters to businessmen who really doesn't need to lounging by the pool.

Checked-in was fast and immediately taken to our room by the receptionist herself. She took the extra time to explain how things work in the room. And it was good thing she did, because there are lots of things that we couldn't figure out how they work. All the staffs were friendly, helpful, and full of smile.

I read one comment from a fellow traveler about the strong odor coming out of the shower. Sadly it's true. At first we didn't have the issue, but after we took a shower then we notice - but you can only smell it when you open the shower door though. Despite of this, I think this hotel has the best toilet in all 5 stars hotels in Jakarta. Temperature controlled seat and bidet for your real rear pleasure and cleanliness.

Love the backboard panels where you can open and close to give sense of privacy. Its floor-to-ceiling glass window oh my my… Try sleep in total darkness while the curtain is up to really experience Jakarta's glittering night lights. It's one of our best moments.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Thamrin street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear TravelWithStyle_71

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular some of the technology that we have available in the room and the fact that we are located adjacent to Plaza Indonesia.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning to Jakarta and i will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

One of the newest hotel in Jakarta - well situated in the famous circle and linked to Plaza Indonesia. Food and Shopping - no problem! But again, this is positioned as a business hotel so let's take it from that angle.

The privacy of the hotel is truly valued. It is tucked away at the back - away form the main road hence no traffic noise (and those familiar with Jakarta will know what traffic noise means). Do not expect any grand ballroom, big lobby - this is more styled like a boutique hotel but with a corporate feel. Forget about rowdy bars, clubs, big lounges... this is exclusive and do not expect non-guest to loiter around (which is good).

The rooms are huge! And with a 4 meter high ceiling, it can get any bigger. Beds are comfortable and AC is super cold! Every room has a butler so all your needs are attended to. Also very much appreciated is the floor to ceiling glass window. Makes the rom airy and bright in the day; at night (on a high floor), one can view the city lights.

One thing though - when telling the taxi driver - you should pronounce it as 'Care - Rah- Torn' then they will know where the hotel is! :)

Room Tip: High Floors is the way to go! And ask for the room facing away from the mosque if you are a light sl...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear TheFatBelly

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience that we provide to our guests.

One of our aims is to create an environment of privacy and relaxation away from the stresses and strains of the city outside so it is pleasing to know that we achieved this.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning and i will be delighted to assit you personally with your booking.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Wonderful experience, from the first impression welcome, throwing open the residential gates right next to Plaza Indonesia Mall entrance, to the escort upon check out to the hotel limousine returning us to the airport the Keraton residences are WORLD CLASS. Service team is superior compared to all competitors, certainly in Jakarta. They have a sense of polish, comfort and style. They are great ambassadors of the Hotel as they fulfill the brand promise with poise, charm and grace. We enjoyed the large well stocked and serviced room with all the tech conveniences and comfort of home. Butler provided a personal Jazz tape, turndown was quick, easy and appropriate. Breakfast is by far and away the best in the city.

Room Tip: jr suite closest to the elevator is convenient with nice views
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear johnberndt,

I personally thank you for extending your wonderful staying experience with us to the Trip Advisor readers.
We are happy to know that in most aspects you were gratified with the hotel services, product and design. Everyone at Keraton at The Plaza will join me in saying it was a pleasure to look after you.

Your future arrival in Jakarta is truly awaited and I would be very honored to have the opportunity to greet and meet you in person.

With very best regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Some friends and I spent 3 nights in the Keraton as part of a friends trip to Indonesia.

The hotel is perfectly located. Further, the staff is extremely helpful and the level of service is fantastic, with everyone making sure that we had everything we needed. The property is also gorgeous, with nice views of the city. Two of the staff at the concierge desks helped us book most of our restaurants and clubs bookings and were extremely helpful and responsive.

I would highly recommend the Keraton.

Room Tip: There is one twin room per floor which was nice and felt like it was more spacious than King rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear MattRF,
Warmest Greetings from Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta!

We are glad to learn that you had a memorable stay at our hotel and we really appreciate your positive feedback regarding our hotel, cuisine, and especially our hospitality service.
We are also grateful to hear that our team took good care of you. This has always been rewarding to hear such compliment and we will surely share your positive feedback with the whole team since it will boost their spirit to deliver a better hospitality service to our valued guests.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and family and we do hope that your unforgettable impression of our hotel will bring you back here whenever you return to the bustling city of Jakarta.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was surprised to see one or two negative reviews here because I had nothing but a great time and felt like a very special guest from check-in to check out. There is nothing major to complain about the rooms. The bathroom is simply the most spectacular feature of the room. The breakfast restaurant, Bengawan, does breakfast well with a mix of ala-carte (fresh crepes and waffles were delicious) and buffet. But the most impressive part of the hotel was the service. I travel a lot and stay in several business hotels and can vouch that even when hotel employees smile and are extremely friendly, it does not necessarily make for good service. The Keraton was different. Every hotel employee I encountered was friendly, hospitable and most importantly, great at providing advice and alternatives to all my questions and requests. For example, I asked for the nearest place to get Indonesian Bakmie noodles and the Butler took initiative to offer to get it for me instead. I happened to mention my family members drink a lot of water, the next day, they overstocked the bathroom and mini-bar with so many bottles of (fancy and normal) water to last my family a week! The General Manager wrote a personal email to me to thank me for doing a survey - I've done several post-stay surveys for the SPG group hotels but don't often hear back from the hotels (though I don't expect them to). The only thing we wished for was an outdoor pool with sun - the indoor pool was very cold. Other than that, my family and I felt well taken care of the entire time we were staying at the Keraton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jchia74
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear jchia74,
Warmest greetings from Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta!

We really appreciate your precious time to write a response on our trip advisor pages.

We are really glad to learn that everything that we offered has lived up your expectation and thank you for highlighting our room, breakfast and services. We are always committed to deliver our best services to our valued guests and create an exceptional and indigenous experience.

Once again, we would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Jakarta.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to discuss your upcoming stay for better experience.

Sincerely Yours,