Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International)
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Focus Hotel(Jakarta)
ANA Hotel(Jakarta)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsplaza indonesiabutler servicefloor to ceiling windowsbose sound systemfavorite musicspg platinumconnected directlyluxurious experienceindoor poollate checkdirect accessgrand hyattrain showerrooms are hugein room diningthe executive loungeworking desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have often found that "style" comes at the expense of substance and function - this is not the case with this hotel. It was a pure delight to stay here. The location was fantastic, the room large and has everything plus more than you can need, the facilities of the hotel are extensive and security is comforting. The access straight into Plaza Indonesia is very convenient. Once inside the hotel it did seem like an oasis from the bustling city. It is not one of those hotels where thousands of people tramp through the reception. Not sure where the "butler" was that was spoken of but that did not take away from my experience. Even not getting the newspaper that was promised was able to take away from the overall experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear MOB68,
Greetings from Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta!

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to write a favorable review regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

It is pleasing to learn that you had a wonderful and memorable stay at our hotel and we really appreciate your very positive feedback regarding all aspects of our hotel especially our hospitality service.
I regret to know that you had problems with newspaper service that has created an inconvenience.

Your utmost satisfaction is our main priority and we are happy that our efforts in making your stay with us a memorable one are well recognized.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other reviewers and we do hope that your travel plan will bring you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Unbeatable location (connected to Plaza Indonesia, which is arguably the best upscale mall in Jakarta), huge rooms, very very nice attentive butlers. Breakfast was great as well, with ala carte choices in addition to the amazing buffet. The pool, despite somewhat small, was very interesting. I saw an outdoor pool, but wasn't sure how to get there and wasn't interested enough to make the effort to find out. Not even sure if it belongs to the hotel or if it's part of the serviced apartment only.

Had a bit of problem with the drain in the shower, but promptly fixed by the maintenance team.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear CindyLin46,
Warmest Greetings from Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta!

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us recently and we are pleased to receive such compliment from our valued guests.
Nothing is more satisfying rather than acknowledgement of our effort to make our guests enjoy their experience with us to the most.

We are also pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant and facilities and would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel to the fellow Trip Advisor readers.

We hope that your flawless experience will lead you back to Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta, in the near future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Thanks to the Hotel Manager, Mr. Ivan Widarmana and Jun, a Marketing manager to give me a chance to stay in their hotel for one night as a complimentary. It was an unforgettable experience, as this is the first time I stayed at a hotel but feel as comfort as home. One of the staff escorted me to the room, it was on 17th floor with a view of Grand Indonesia mall. The room was extremely nice, I heard that they have theme for each room, mine was Sulawesi theme, they put Sulawesi woven drapery on the bed and I saw Sulawesi decoration on the cupboard as well. I love the bathroom very much, it's elegant with modern touch. The wall which is also a mirror can be opened between the bed and bathroom. Above all, the view at night was amazing, I let the horizontal blind open when I slept, I feel like i was not in Jakarta despite that I still see Grand Indonesia mall out there. For me, the hotel is perfect for couple, or family or even when you need me time like me to escape from your routine but still stay in the middle of the city. When I had my lunch, it was the first day of mexican food festival, I tried some mexican food and it was great as cooked by real mexican chief which I talked with, however I still love the dessert provide there, my guilty pleasure. They have breakfast buffet but still allow the guest to order special food like nasi goreng, all the staff in the restaurant also helpful and show real hospitality. I also had experience a gurda massage at Keraton spa, and it was nice as well. I can tell I love everything about Keraton at the plaza, the location which is in the middle of the city with easy access to Plaza Indonesia and EX, of course the room, the hospitality of the staff, everything. That is why I cannot describe in many words but flawless. I will again say thank you to the hotel Manager, Marketing and all staff in Keraton the Plaza for giving me an unforgettable experience. You are all have done a great job. I will suggest some friends or guests to stay at this hotel when they need a peaceful place to stay in the middle of hectic and crowded Jakarta.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kristinayp
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Kristinayp,

We are glad to learn that you had a memorable stay at our hotel and we really appreciate your positive feedback regarding our hotel, cuisine, and especially our hospitality service.
We are also grateful to hear that our team took good care of you. This has always been rewarding to hear such compliment and we will surely share your positive feedback with the whole team since it will boost their spirit to deliver a better hospitality service to our valued guests.

Thank you for making Keraton at The Plaza as one of your ritual stays and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at the Keraton Hotel at the Plaza in Jakarta.
We were welcomed by all at reception along with Evan Burns Director of Rooms. Evan and his staff couldn’t do enough for us and he and our butler escorted us to our room which was on the 15th floor with floor to ceiling windows with wonderful views of the city, the bathroom was elegant with every modern convenience you could wish for and the suite was so spacious and beautifully decorated.
We loved everything about the Keraton, the breakfast was buffet and had such a variety of foods, and the locality was perfect and such easy access to the Plaza. The concierge booked a driver for us and gave us some wonderful tips on places to see. The butler was always at our service for anything we needed.
Overall my husband and I can only say a big thank you to Evan Burns and all the staff at the Keraton for making our stay at the Keraton a perfect and memorable time in Jakarta.

Room Tip: HIgh Floor has wonderful views. Junior suite is spacious and beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 481,952
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear 481952,
Warmest greetings from Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta!

We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding all aspects of our hotel and are glad to learn that we have contributed in some small way to making your stay with us an exceptional and memorable one.

Your nice feedback regarding our service is clearly in line with the surrounding reviews and we will strive to maintain this quality for our guests’ utmost satisfaction.

Thank you for residing with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, whenever you return to this bustling city, Jakarta.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed there for one night during the weekends with my family. The hotel has a luxe boutique feel, the room was extremely spacious, comfortable bed and a modern luxe filled with lots of lovely amenities and impress with an extra volume ceiling (4m). The bathroom was so nice with a modern fitting with black and white colour tones.

I also tried the 90 minutes spa, I founded relaxed after being massage. The Jacuzzi was so convenient and relaxing. The infinity pool is also has a unique designed in the corner, full of glass and kids loved to swim there as we do need to worry of the sun (in house pool).

The hotel has a restaurant called Bengawan on the 7th floor. The lunch and breakfast buffet spread have even mix of Western and Asian food items, and they were just delicious!
Staffs were so helpful, that were probably the best I have ever encountered - near personalized, with a butler service. I was also surprised when I found there was a letterhead and envelopes in the desk printed with my names, such a oriented to details prepared.

Location is perfect, the hotel is connected directly to Plaza Indonesia, one of Jakarta's earliest premium shopping mall that houses all the familiar high end brands and multitude of food & beverage outlets at different price levels. If guests get tired of the food at Bengawan, simply walk to the mall and have your pick. Grand Indonesia also can be of other choice, which is another premium mega mall is just one street away from Plaza Indonesia.

So overall, this is a hotel that stands out as a new offering with its stellar service and modern fittings. Keraton at The Plaza Hotel is a refined, exclusive and calming oasis in the midst of a hectic city. I guess awesome is not enough to describe this hotel .. so private and luxurious!

Just like their quote “Life is a collection of experiences, let us be your guide”.

Regards,
Arsendanny Wijayanti

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Arsendanny76,

We really appreciate your precious time to write a response on our trip advisor pages.

We are really glad to learn that everything that we offered has lived up your expectation and thank you for highlighting our room, spa, breakfast and services. We are always committed to deliver our best services to our valued guests and create an exceptional and indigenous experience.
Nothing is more satisfying for us to know that our entire team has taken care of you very well and leave you with such a wonderful impression.

Once again, we would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back.