“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #22 of 459 Hotels in Jakarta
Gorontalo Province, Indonesia
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoy my stay here, location, facilities, and overal value of my stay is perfect, the facilities in the room is modern with combination of tradional art.
Swiming Pool is amazing and my wife enjoyed the pool so much.
Thank you for all friendly staff and show warm hospitality during my stay.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Adhievedder
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Adhievedder,
Thank you very much for your beautiful review, I think everyone at Keraton at The Plaza will join me in saying it was a pleasure to look after you and your wife.

I can assure you that your words will be passed on to everyone here. We are all very proud of the hotel and your comments serve as encouragement to us all.

I hope that your next visit to us will not be too long in the making as we are all looking forward to welcoming you home to Keraton at The Plaza.

With best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Wash, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I think the two main reasons to book here are the location (Plaza Indonesia is very convenient) and the large, generally well-designed rooms and suites. Service and overall ambiance is somewhat lacking.

First, the positive: the rooms and hotel in general are beautiful. They are modern, stylish, large and well-designed (although some of the finishes are surprisingly cheap upon closer look (ie. plastic bath tub) and the construction appears a bit shoddy). Nevertheless, very nice, with good amenities that every high-end should offer (iPod dock, Nepresso coffee).

I thought the food in the restaurant was quite good. I was literally the only person in there on a couple occasions.

What were the issues? Primarily, the staff, while friendly, is just not ready for prime time. Yes, there are too many staff doing nothing, although that is fairly typical. It took me 30 mins to get a small presentation printed and copied. It was as if no one there in the "business center" had actually used the printer before (this experience was somewhat representative: beautiful iMacs, very nice room, but not functional when needed). No taxis available when I needed to go to a meeting (as opposed to most other high-end hotels where they are available on call, I had to wait more than 20 mins. If I had just walked over to Hyatt it would have been faster). They smile and say yes but don't really seem to be trained to actually meet customer needs. No sense of urgency. Not acceptable at this price level.

As others have mentioned, the hotel is extremely quiet, almost eerily dead... beyond the 10 staff roaming about the lobby, that is. This is fine, just know that if you are looking for something with more activity. Otherwise it is a nice quiet place.

There is only one restaurant, and while good, could get old if a longer stay (although there are plenty of options in Plaza Indo and surrounding area). The gym is woefully small and inadequate for a hotel in this price range.

Finally, I was repeatedly ignored by the sales manager on site, both after a personal meeting and in email follow-ups. Don't really understand this as it seems like they should be encouraging repeat corporate business.

Potential is here but need to step it up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dcJ34
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear dcJ34,

Thank you very much for your letter, highlighting the problems encountered during your stay with us here at Keraton at The Plaza. We do like to receive constructive comments from our guests, and we value such feedback positively, as it enables us to monitor that we are providing the level of facilities and services that our guests deserve and expect.

I was very concerned to read your comments and I apologise for the embarrassment caused to you on your stay. It is definitely not our intention to make any of our customers feel inferior in anyway. It was a shame that some points are missed and have caused to an inconvenience. Please accept our sincere and profuse apologies for this lapse in our attention., but please be rest assured that our hotel credit policy is strictly adhered to at all times.

I trust that our Sales team has got back to you, however please feel free to contact me directly should you require my hand. I would be more than happy to assist you.

dcJ34, we would like the opportunity to prove to you that we can meet and exceed your expectations and provide services and facilities of the highest order. It would be our pleasure to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our Junior Suites during your next stay. I would appreciate if you could contact my office directly, in order that I can give it my fullest attention and make the necessary arrangements.

Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you soon and welcoming you back to Keraton at The Plaza.

Yours sincerely,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Still in it's soft-opening phase, Karaton tries hard to please. Service, location and breakfast are excellent. However the rooms feel like frigid offices with beds added. Yes the rooms have plenty of great amenities: stereo music systems, nice views, automatic window shades, enormous bathrooms, espresso machines, etc. However the decor and furniture are cheap and tasteless, making the rooms feel like cookie-cutter offices. The indoor pool is small and the outdoor pools is just for wading -- and both areas have no charm whatsoever. (Compare to neighboring Grand Hyatt, a true urban oasis.) Located behind a tall, electronic gate this hotel was designed to feel exclusive. But inviting and cozy it isn't. Note: As of September 2012 the spa is not yet open.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank raherold
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear raherold,

Thank you for taking your time to post your constructive feedback towards your stay with us recently.

Having learnt that your stay did not meet your expectation, we do apologize for that.
I will personally review all the points that you have mentioned, and will look into ways of fine-tuning our services and standards. Thank you once again for your feedback

Please let me know in person should your travel plan bring you to Jakarta, I would be more than happy to assist.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here for 2nd time. It was very much improved this time. Room's cleanliness was not an issue this time but the outdoor glass window was still dirty. Food was relatively okay with enough variety. Great people with great service...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GeorgeSingapore
Dear GeorgeSingapore,

Thank you very much for coming back to us as well as your continuous positive yet constructive review which I believe will bring us to the utmost service we could deliver to every global explorer.

I look forward to welcoming you back personally should your travel plan bring you to Keraton at The Plaza.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for a night. The only downside check in was very very slow. We asked if we can put USD deposit. The answer is yes but upon check out they can only give rupiah. This was the first hotel i have ever encountered. I believe likeother hotels in Asia, they can put the money in their safe. but No as the answer here. Other than that Superb Location, next to PI mall, Big Room, Butler Service.was excellent. Love the welcome cake.Love the Nespresso machine. All i can say luxury luxury and luxury

• Stayed July 2012
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear coolchen,

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for spending some of your time to review your comments to fellow TripAdvisor readers.

I am enchanted to know that in most aspects you savoured your stay with us.
I have copied your feedback and would surely review it since I trust it would only bring us to the impeccable service that we could attain.

I look forward to welcoming you back and catching up with you personally in the near future.

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Wow, I've never said that before about any hotel but I was so impressed that no accolades would be sufficient!

Throughout my recent stay here, I kept thinking they were confusing me with someone famous or important there! I'm just not used to this level of service at all!

Right from the moment I landed at Jakarta and went through immigration to collect my baggage, there was Budi from the Keraton to help me with my bags and lead me to my hotel pickup! I'd thoroughly recommend everyone who stays here to use this service as it offers the "full and complete service" from the time we arrive to the time we leave!

On arriving at the hotel, I was greeted by no less than five staff who addressed me by name! So impressive! I was greeted by Debby Rince, the Front Office AM and Wijayanti Kusuma, my primary butler here.

Wijayanti took me to my room, number 1506 and what a room! Having just come from Burma where the hotels we less than salubrious, this was luxury defined!

A very large room, see my photos, and beautiful bathroom with a huge bath and even bigger shower, more like the size of my hotel room in Rangoon than a shower stall!

This is the first time i've stayed at this hotel and I have to admit, even after three days, I was still getting lost! The lifts were comparatively small but there were so many of them! It took me a while to work out why they went to the expense of having so many small lifts when surely a couple of larger ones would have been cheaper? But this is epitomy of hotels, they built this hotel with no expenses spared! The small lifts, I believe are to provide the exclusivity that is endemic throughout this hotel. After all, how many of us have been in a lift with other guests who have over imbibed or are wearing enough perfume to choke any living thing in the confines of the lift? Having small lifts gets to keep the riff-raff away from us or in my case, I suspect that I was the hoi-polloi and this kept all the movie stars and rich and famous away from me!

Every time I came downstairs, there was always a security guard there to tell me which way to go to find the lobby! Then when I reached the lobby, there were another half dozen staff there to guide me to the adjacent shopping mall! Pity they weren't there in the shopping mall to help me find my way back to that secret door leading me backt to my sanctuary as i gotr lost there too!

The other butlers, Muhammad Chairansyah and Rini Permatasari were so friendly and helpful too! And Gitaura at reception was so friendly and full of information when I checked out,

Every night, there was a fresh plate of yummy cakes and goodies there for me, none of it helping my diet!

Breakfast was superb and service there was absolutely excellent!

The swimming pool on the 7th floor is glass and I was so keen to try it but alas, i was so busy that I never had the opportunity but next time.....

So if you're one of the rich and famous, you'll no doubt be used to this level of service but for us common folk, it was a completely new experience and so delightful but then unfortunately, my stay there was all too short and i had to return to reality.

So summarising, if you haven't experienced this level of service before, come and stay at the Keraton!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1506 which was excellent! It faced the street but there was no noise perceptible...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RayC888
Dear RayC888,

Thank you for spending some time to post your comments and sharing your enchanting experience with fellow TripAdvisor readers.

I am delighted to know that you savoured your time with us and found your stay memorable that you learned by heart every ambassador’s name whom you met over your period of stay. We have enlightened every one of them, and your compliment would only encourage them to deliver their upmost performance towards future Keraton at The Plaza’s global explorers.

If your travel plan brings you to Jakarta, I would like to catch up with you personally.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have to say , I fell in love at the first sight, it was in July, it was new and some room was still being built but nevertheless , there was no noise , as the wall was completely sound proof. I stayed in the junior suite, the decor and design of the hotel was refreshingly unique and very modern of great quality. For the price I had to pay for a suite it is very reasonable, but will expect a rise in rate , as it was a promotional price, staff very helpful and kind, I ask them to clean my room at midnight, and they comply and finish in exactly an hour , no request was too much for them , but maybe because it was empty , and not many guest . Althought breakfast , I wish they have more option , but they have great selection from Asian breakfast , my only complain is nothing to do with the hotel , I just wish the hotel isn't attached to a mall. It is the one of the very best hotel in Jakarta , as what you expect a Starwood hotel will be , a must try

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear AmandaKur,

Thank you for taking some of your time reviewing your experience with us, I do appreciate your feedback which I trust would only help TripAdvisor readers to get to know Keraton at The Plaza and how the experience is delivered by our Ambassadors.

I am happy to know that you savored your stay with us. I hope that your plan to stay with us will not be too long in the making and look forward to catching up with you.