Amaris Hotel Thamrin City
  • Breakfast included
$122
$105
  • Pool
All reviewsgrand indonesia and plaza indonesiashopping mallbudget hoteltanah abangrunning smoothreceptionist tablesoap shampooshop till you dropsame buildingstudio apartmentbreakfast tasteinternational channelssoekarno hattano windowwi filcd tvthe hotel is clean
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I made the booking thru a travel agent that didn't provide me with any other info besides the room rate, and how I wish they did. Upon arrival, I was lost in the mall where the hotel is. Lugging my suitcase, I could not see any comprehensive signage which leads anyone to the hotel. It was on the 6th floor, so the sign said..finally found the elevator, pushed 6 and emerged in.....a parking lot!! A security guard helped me find the entry to the hotel's lobby, which was quite complicated, turns out the hotel is on level 6A...whatever A means :) checkin was quick and efficient, got a room on the lobby level. Walls are thin..noise level quite high, no view on room 609 which i was in...it was facing another room's wall..wall view :)) Bfast limited choice, definetely not on my return list.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fajarperdana
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I book this hotel via online ,and get good impresion from what they said in website. Because the location is not far from grand indonesia, i want to try this hotel.
My taxi driver drive the car up to 6th floor of thamrin city mall, this is make me crazy founded that the lobby is difficult to find, the signed was too small
When I enter the lobby, is look like I enter public hospital in indonesia, all white and no hotel atmosphere , and not enough air conditioner in room.
After check ini when to my room at 6a floor, and i must waiting 30m. For the lift
The coridor still smell paint, and from the room we still can hear the sound from the coridor

Lucky i just book for 1 night and I decided to do early check out

Not recomended hotel

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Bali1970
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Lucky I only stayed here for 1 night only as I couldn't wait to get out as soon as I got in. The reception lobby is on the 6th floor of the shopping mall, so you have to get your away inside the parking lots before you get on to the 6th floor. The room is small, and although it has a window it is as good as not having a window at all, because the window faces another room/wall. May not be suitable for claustophobics. So, do request for rooms with a view of you intend to stay here. The bed and pillows are comfortable, bathroom is an acceptable size. Breakfast was passable, but it was cold when we came down around 8am. The restaurant has no window, so it's not airy at all. If you are looking for a place to sleep and clean up, this hotel should be ok for you. The only plus point is the location, as it is situated within a shopping mall, and is also next to one of Jakarta's biggest malls. So you can find plenty of food and good restaurants nearby. I only booked this hotel because it was on opening promotion, and it is considered cheap to be in that location. But I have stayed in bigger and better hotels for the same price in other areas in Jakarta. Don't think I would return here anytime soon.

Room Tip: Ask for room that has a view of the outside.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Puzzledprez
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Very smart, cool & simple hotel. Great breakfast & friendly staffs too! I'd love to stay there again on my next visit to Jakarta! Not only its couple blocks away from Grand & Plaza Indonesia(BIG MALLS) it's in 1 building with a shopping mall too!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Icys
Reviewed February 20, 2012

It was amazing when I got the price idr 370.000 for 2 persons include breakfast that was their promotion rate. The location was perfect! In the middle of Jakarta, in the Thamrin city Mall where you can find many shop and restaurant. The hotel also only a few step from the new shopping Mall Grand Indonesia and the famaous Plaza Indonesia Mall. As a chain Hotel, I really enjoy their staff service. Very fast check in procedure. But the room was very small but the breakfast full of varian and there is egg corner with kind of choice.
Considering of Bad Traffic in Jakarta, stay in this Hotel will help you to manage your stres when you are in hurry to attend a meeting with your clien in the CBD of Jakarta.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business