“Scary museum with spooky atmosphere”
Review of Mandiri Museum

Mandiri Museum
Ranked #33 of 293 things to do in Jakarta
Reviewed January 2, 2014

First i visited this museum that located in Kota, Jakarta, it is so scary and spooky.. I got the mystic feeling when I walk around the museum. The museum is so dark and full of mystic. Everybody likes to visit this museum because of its mystic, not the history itself. Okay, nothing to do here. But I saw people take some picture in the museum, is it for a joke?? Are you going to take a ghost photo? I don't remember whether they charge the entrance fee or not. But I was too afraid to go to the museum's toilet. Lol.

All reviews
"transjakarta"
in 5 reviews
"nhm"

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This museum is located in Kota Tua, near Harmoni. The place was a bank, but now functioned as a museum. The entry ticket is very cheap, with no guide at all. We enter the museum and there are a lot of rooms visit, they displayed a lot of historical items in banking back then. Also stories about Bank Mandiri.
The museum was very dirty and dark, seemed lacked of maintenance. And not very informative, actually the display items are very beautiful and good, but how they present them is very poor.
The museum has inner court with small playground. The place is very beautiful, but again lack of maintenance. I hope the owner or staffs will do something to make this museum more attractive.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

You can enter Bank Mandiri Museum for free and you’ll find so many historic artifacts regarding to the journey of Indonesian finance history. This place is very strategic, easy to reach for any backpacker but keep your wallet safely, because the issue said that some tourists are a victim of a pick pocket.

You can reach the place by TransJakarta or other public transport, like I said before this place is so strategic, so many other tourist attraction nearby such as Museum Bank Indonesia (which better than this museum), Old town city, Jembatan Kota Intan and Museum Fatahillah. Visit this place in the morning.

the dungeon is very creepy, when I visit this place alone I do not dare to enter even in the middle of day. :)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

its close to the old town area, just few blocks away a good museum and everything seems to be neatly done and well-kept though theres no air conditioning

See more reviews
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went to Fatahillah square and wasn't really impressed with it, but the massive building of Mandiri Museum held my attention. I decided to visit it . The entrance fee is just 2000 Rp . there is no Air conditionning in the building but the ceiling is very hight, keeping the rooms cool . The museum is disorganised , no sign , very messy. You've got rondom stuff with no explaination . I wouldn't say I learnt anything from it.

BUT the building itself is amazing .You can feel the Dutch touch to it. every now and then , I could find a old picutre from the area , I could imagine how it use to be like . the meeting room in stunning. I could walk on the upper balconies where you have a nice view on the streets (and the crazy traffic).
on the bassment you can see all kind of old safes which I find interested .

I would say : visit the museum if you happen to be arround, but don't cross the city just for it

1  Thank karendurst