Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Nice bank museum

Only with 5000 idr(adult), 3000idr (children). We can enter this museum. Closed at monday or public... read more

Reviewed December 20, 2019
Lovely_jogja
Bekasi, Indonesia
via mobile
Deep History of Trading in Jakarta and nice building

It's an interesting place to visit to know about the history of state-owned bank in Jakarta, Museum... read more

Reviewed March 12, 2019
snavi153
Jakarta, Indonesia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Jakarta
All reviews old town commuter line banking history indonesia ancestors netherlands
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2013

You can enter Bank Mandiri Museum for free and you’ll find so many historic artifacts regarding to the journey of Indonesian finance history. This place is very strategic, easy to reach for any backpacker but keep your wallet safely, because the issue said that some tourists are a victim of a pick pocket.

You can reach the place by TransJakarta or other public transport, like I said before this place is so strategic, so many other tourist attraction nearby such as Museum Bank Indonesia (which better than this museum), Old town city, Jembatan Kota Intan and Museum Fatahillah. Visit this place in the morning.

the dungeon is very creepy, when I visit this place alone I do not dare to enter even in the middle of day. :)

Date of experience: December 2012
Reviewed July 18, 2013

its close to the old town area, just few blocks away a good museum and everything seems to be neatly done and well-kept though theres no air conditioning

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went to Fatahillah square and wasn't really impressed with it, but the massive building of Mandiri Museum held my attention. I decided to visit it . The entrance fee is just 2000 Rp . there is no Air conditionning in the building but the ceiling is very hight, keeping the rooms cool . The museum is disorganised , no sign , very messy. You've got rondom stuff with no explaination . I wouldn't say I learnt anything from it.

BUT the building itself is amazing .You can feel the Dutch touch to it. every now and then , I could find a old picutre from the area , I could imagine how it use to be like . the meeting room in stunning. I could walk on the upper balconies where you have a nice view on the streets (and the crazy traffic).
on the bassment you can see all kind of old safes which I find interested .

I would say : visit the museum if you happen to be arround, but don't cross the city just for it

Date of experience: February 2013
1  Thank karendurst
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The whole place seems like a poorly lit and ventilated warehouse. The exhibits include some old office equipment (old keyboards, typewriters, ATMs etc) and they were all poorly maintained and presented, making it seem like flea market than a museusm. There is no airconditioning in the building making it really stuff and warm to visit. Give this place a miss!

Date of experience: December 2012
2  Thank HaHaHaHeHeHe
Reviewed December 20, 2012

When you come to Fatahillah area, you can find Mandiri Museum easily. Especially when you use Trans Jakarta Busway, just stop and use underground road, and will be in the front of Mandiri Museum.

From the front, it's looked nice, with old building. But I can't find any nice lighting or good performance inside. You've just found many old machine, hanging keyboards and typing machine, old safety room, etc. But it's good place to know our old bank story, especially Mandiri/ EXIM Bank.

Date of experience: January 2012