“Place to hang out with friends”

Potato Head Jakarta
Ranked #126 of 8,151 Restaurants in Jakarta
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Voted one of best cocktail bars in Jakarta and recognised for its distinct interiors, Potato Head serves classic bistro fare and drinks created by award-winning mixologist Dre Masso and his international team. With its vintage lamps and fittings, a large vertical garden and planters along its outdoor seating space, it creates an inviting lush atmosphere that has turned it into a local favourite. Additionally, Potato Head is also home to original murals and works by one of Indonesia's most exciting contemporary artists Eko Nugroho.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The place is amazing, I like the design of the restaurant and it. really felt like it made for hanging out with friends. Like bunch of friends! Open air area has nice sofa but indoor area mostly use for eating purpose as the music quite dominating. I didn't order much as I already ate before I went here, but I taste the fries with cheese on top. Pretty nice! But fries, come on.. what can go wrong with that? Oh btw, the food here quite pricey. So better check on your wallet before u enter. My only suggestion to you based on my 1st visit is choose the sofa at the outdoor area. Romantic yet free to smoke as well.

2  Thank Maeza

Reviewed February 9, 2013

First Potato Head experience today, enjoyed the well made cocktails, expensive but worth paing more for a it of a treat.
Amazing location and building.

Had a great day but unfortunately paying the bill was a negative experience. We were there for maybe 2 hours and the three of us together had only 6 drinks, when inspecting the bill there was two extra cocktails at a cost of $25 US, when I inquired about these drinks the waiter said we had ordered them at the pool bar (we had not ordered any drinks from the pool bar) he said he had to get the bartender that "sold us the drinks" to come and identify us to see if there had been a mistake made.
The bartender was brought over to us and identified my boyfriend as having bought the drinks that we had never actually bought. After some discussion and a firm stance from myself they took the drinks off the bill and we proceeded to leave.

Then as we were waiting for a taxi at the front of the club another lady came out with the bartender and a bill for the two drinks and again accused us of buying drinks and not paying for them (in front of other people waiting for a taxi) again the bartender identified my boyfriend and we were forced to explain our actions to the manager, we were treated as if we were stealing when we had infant done nothing wrong and the bartender had made an obvious mistake.

There was no real resolution but there was no way I was paying for the drinks so we left, with no apology whatsoever.
It is possible that someone gave our table number when ordering drinks, or that the bartender simply misheard. Either way Potato Head should rethink their methods of charging people, or simply learn to apologise when a mistake is made.
Unfortunate that this bad experience should ruin an otherwise great place with amazing cocktails.

1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Food ok, service ok, lounge ok. The cool place to hang out. I had to get used to the name but a good choice just to be.

1  Thank dude2009
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The only good thing I could think of was the interior/concept. The rest was quite average on the verge of being poor. For the price that we paid, we expected something delicious and tasty but the food was almost tasteless despite nice presentation. The music was too loud, you had to raise your voice just to have a decent conversations with your table mates and the service was like a hit or miss ... Not impressed at all

1  Thank forrestfern
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Potato Head always seems to have good enough food, but if only they work harder on the service, I'd rate this place better. Whenever possible, I try not to arrive between 6:30-8pm.