Six Degrees
Travelocity
$90
$66
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop barbed dormmini cinemamovie roomhome cinematable tennisping pongcommon areas arecommon roomfree breakfastplace to staysmall gymtrain stationgreat facilitiesrooms are cleanthe ground floorfood stalls
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I Absolutely loved my time at Six Degrees. The hostel is really well equipped with everything you could possibly need - pool table, dart board, movie room, computers as well as a roof top deck. the night we arrived there was a BBQ on the roof which was a lovely surprise. The rooms are simple but spotlessly clean. The owners of the Hostel are really hands on and are around all the time to help out with any queries you have. Awesome Hostel that I would definetly stay in again and recommened to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phily M
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place already has a reputation for itself. It has everything to take you away from the chaos of the streets of Jakarta. Located in the Cikini area, it is close to the antique market and Cali Deli Restaurant which has the best lemongrass chicken sandwhich.... how do I know this? Well It was the one of the twins (and I'm sorry I can't remember her name =() that told us about it, and got it delivered to us. We could enjoy our delicious sandwhich in the home theatre deciding which of the 1000 movies to choose from, or play on the xbox, play pool, play mini ping pong, play darts. Then if we wanted we could go up stairs past all the rooms to work out in the gym or make our own meals in our shared kitchen and feast on top of the roof top garden with a bob marley image in the background wall all while hearing the echo of the call to prayer.

There are shared bathrooms, dorms, and a few small private rooms. Jack is someone that works there who is super cool and always willing to help. The staff is interactive and friendly, they remember everyone.

The only bad thing was that I left my sandwich in the communal fridge labelling my room # hoping to eat it the next morning since I had to get up at 3am... and someone ate it and left the box there. But that can't be blamed on the hostel just the drunk guy who couldn't read and keep his grubby paws off my sandwich!!!

Room Tip: Book online early to make sure you get a room! And if there are some party folks staying there I suggest earplugs are they sometimes blast the music downstairs late at night. That is why I rated a very good sleep, thanks earplugs!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hostel which helps in understand the city. If you arrived here, you have Jakarta in your pocket ;) I chose the better and more expensive room: room size was adequate, but it could be a little better equipped. I didn't mind that there is no window in the room. Hostel has very friendly lobby, which occupying the entire ground floor. Better please to sit, relax, watch a movie. The great advantage of this hostel is very helpful staff. They work very hard to help anyone who has any problem. They know a lot about the city and they can realy help you. Breakfast is modest but adequate. As most sincerely I recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rob_sad
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

A great funky hostel in Jakarta. It's in a great location and there is plenty of stuff to do nearby.
The staff and owners are amazing. We had a big BBQ the night I was there on their rooftop deck.
The rooms and common area were well put together and very clean.
I had a great time and met a ton of cool people.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a hostel in Jakarta.
The only *bad* thing I could say was that their credit card machine wasn't working upon checkout, so I had to go to an ATM and get money out.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank HaleyS1
Reviewed April 12, 2013

With a group of 20 students, we inhabited the Six Degrees Hostel in Jakarta, and it was a great experience! The bedrooms are simple, as they should be, and have a very needed airconditioning system. The showers were less fancy, but at least there are enough of them. The rest of the hostel has a lot to offer: there is a common room downstairs where you can play pool, watch a buttload of movies, sit at the bar, play darts or simply chat with one of the very friendly hostel employees. If you are lucky, Bobby (aka Bob Marley 2.0) might even play you a song on his guitar! Furthermore, there is a rooftop terrace which is a very nice place to relax at night (but don't forget to put on some anti mosquito repellent!). The breakfast they serve is very good, usually we got some fresh tropical fruits and some toast. If you fancy local food, there is a very good local foodplace across the street where they serve the best Mie Goreng Ayam, so do try it!
All in all, the Six Degrees hostel is a very nice home base for your Indonesia adventure, you can't go wrong on this one!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends