Six Degrees
$147
$122
$105
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop barbed dormmini cinemamovie roomhome cinematable tennisping pongcommon areas arecommon roomfree breakfastplace to staysmall gymtrain stationgreat facilitiesrooms are cleanthe ground floorfood stalls
Reviewed June 11, 2012

In the pas, I have done a lot of hostels worldwide, but Six Degrees had a special vibe over it.
So Ill start with saying I can highly recommend it.
We arrived at the hostel for the first time after a 17hr flight. Location is not that great, and taxi-drivers have to look for it, but once there, its a great and relaxed place to be at.
When I opened the door, first thing i saw was the pooltable, and some Groove Armada vibes were all over the public room.
You pretty much feel at home instantly.
The rooms are nice, not too big and quite comfy, clean. The showers are on the hallway, but private, and big!
sometimes there are specials. Staff is great to hang around with. I had a wonderfull time (and thats why i got back later on my trip)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Six degrees in Jakarta is truly a gem of a hostel, having been on the road for 10 months I consider this hostel one of the best I've stayed at so far. It has the basics such as clean facilities, super fast WIFI and yummy breakfast, come on how many places have you stayed at where chocolate sprinkles are an option for breakfast. But what sweetens my memory of Six degrees are the owners and staff who are not only super friendly and approachable but beyond helpful and generous. Toss in a home theater, comfy couches, a proper size pool table, a lovely rooftop garden and you got yourself a home away from home that you won't forget. Thanks for the great time in Jakarta, continued success your way.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MOna K
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Six Degrees has only been open for 5 months. In this short period of time, it has solidified itself as the #1 backpacker hostel in Jakarta. The main draws of the hostel are its cleanliness and the staff. The hostel is always extremely clean. Bobby and the rest of the staff are always sweeping and cleaning up after the guests. Bobby and the rest of the the staff are incredibly warm and friendly. The owners of the hostel are two Indonesian women and their Irish and English husbands. They are four of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet. It is rare to meet people that are this nice. I have a hard time putting into words how amazing they are and what an excellent job they have done so far in running this hostel. I recommend this hostel to anybody who is visiting Jakarta. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I’d like to commend Six Degrees for their booking convenience. I simply sent an email to David, the owner, and informed him of our stay details and which room we were interested in. He responded right away with all the details I needed. He didn’t ask for any reservation fees or down payment. We exchanged confirmation via email two months before our expected date of arrival. When we arrived, there was quite a confusion at first with his night guard, Bobby, but the room was reserved for us, which took a little time before he could find our reservation detail.

I booked the double ensuite room (double room with an ensuite bathroom) for a two-night stay. The room was spacious and clean. Truly worth its value. Breakfast (fruits and toast) is served from 6:30 am until 10 am. I love the unlimited coffee and drinking water, by the way. After a long day on the road, my partner and I decided to spend the night in Six Degrees with our Bintang beers and a few episodes of Modern Family Season 3.

It was our first hostel-stay experience and we thank Six Degrees for making us feel comfortable. We would definitely stay in Six Degrees again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IskaMae
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Six Degrees is a brand new backpacker place in Jakarta. The area downstairs is excellent for meeting other travellers and the atmosphere is very good. Everything you need is available, wifi, internet pc, free coffee and tea, bar etc. Service is good and staff are friendly.
Dorm rooms are very clean and beds are comfortable. You get a good night sleep without noises from the street or from downstairs.
Although dorm beds are quite pricy (2 dorm beds are more expensive than a private double), for Jakarta prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2012