“Finally good salad”

Kitchenette
Ranked #750 of 7,977 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Kitchenette Restaurant & Crêperie is a heart-warming concept from Ismaya Group, where you are the heart and soul of our kitchen. Kitchenette is now open to serve you home-cooked goodness, great coffee, and various fresh off-the-kitchen comfort foods.The basic premise behind Kitchenette’s concept is to create a social space, in form of a restaurant/café that portrays the experience of dining inside a kitchen of a friend whose family members love to cook.The design of the space is full of kitchen cabinet, kitchen equipments, and kitchen accessories, integrated with a bit of ‘structured messiness’. The space is also cozy, ‘homey’, and casual. It portrays the friendly atmosphere that you feel when entering a friend’s house/kitchen. This concept works throughout the day - from brunch and all throughout lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, to late night social drinks.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Here you get a good salat (hard to find in Jakarta). It's a good caffe, nicely decorated food and cakes are good, service is nothing special. Good to escape from plaza Indonesia),

There are newer reviews for Kitchenette

Reviewed January 1, 2013

After arriving and being advised the only two available tables were in a closed section (which was fine until some local Indonesia's were allowed to sit in the closed section) a table became available. We were seated, given menus and promptly forgotten about. After finally getting someone to take our order, we sat back and chatted waiting for our drinks and meals.
Two of our three meals arrived reasonably quickly, however our third meal took three requests and another 20 minutes to arrive.
We watched the manager receive the meal from the kitchen, passed to the floor manager, and then passed to the waitress who originally took our order, who plonked it on our table with no comment. I would have expected the manager to accept responsibility for the obvious mistake, and deliver the meal with some form or apology or reason/excuse for its late delivery....poor form!!
With the last meal in place, it was tasted, and found to be luke warm....no further comments made, we finished our meals, paid and left...safe in our knowledge that we will NEVER set foot in Kitchenette ever again...Thank you Ismaya group

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The moment i saw the menu i was like hmm..not so many choices for main dishes and also some of the menu were not avalable. I had a hard time choosing. Finally i ordered mac n cheese and my sister ordered chicken pot pie which was new in the menu. Mac n cheese was just alright, i would not say that it was delicious because it was dry, not creamy at all. And the taste was like cheap cheese. While my sister's chicken pot pie was not better than my mac n cheese. It was too watery and too salty. The place was nice and the service was okay but i don't think i would be going there again. The food is sort of overpriced with the portion and taste. I guess i expected good food just because the place is nice. I went to the one in central park.
Also actually the waitress came to bring my sister's food and accidentally knocked the spoon of oil salad dressing. Because he put down the dish really roughly as if he was angry. Didnot say sorry, put the spoon back in the bowl, leaving the spoon handle oily so we had to clean the handle off ourselves.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

went here for friday night hang-out with 8 of my friends. the service was good but THE FOOD WAS TO BE AVOIDED.
I had the Leon galette, it tasted burned, dry, not buttery as it's supposed to be, the sausage was hard, the chili spinach wasn't even supposed to be there. the only good thing was my coffee which was Illy brand, so it wasn't really theirs.

Another thing is it was overpriced. 59k for Leon + 28k for the coffee. I don't mind paying that sorta money if it was good, but obviously it wasn't

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Me and my friends decided to have dessert after lunch. We picked kichenette since we craved of crepes. So far only a few good crepes in jakarta. I think kichenette is one of the good one.

We shared crepes and garlic truffle fries and some beers and wines. The crepes and fries is quite okay, maybe i am a truffle freak as well.

The down side is only the hygene of this cafe. I found a fly on my wine. I was pissed off. Since the wine also not a nice one i refused the waitres when she offer me another glass.

This experience is not my first experience, i found a hair in my lemonade glass when the first time i came to kitchenette.

I think for kichentte should maintain its hygine since it is owned by reputable group, ismaya group.